Wow - "Counterparts" is coming up on 20 years!

ALifeson85

In just one week, Counterparts will celebrate it's 20th anniversary! In my opinion, this was Rush's best 90's album. :yes:

Hard to believe it's been this long!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5djyPm3sjY/TVYtMOuEuNI/AAAAAAAACrg/QM6ZMn207Is/s320/Rush+Counterparts.jpg

:cheers:

• Like 2

In just one week, Counterparts will celebrate it's 20th anniversary! In my opinion, this was Rush's best 90's album. :yes:

Hard to believe it's been this long!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5djyPm3sjY/TVYtMOuEuNI/AAAAAAAACrg/QM6ZMn207Is/s320/Rush+Counterparts.jpg

Their best album post-HYF and pre-CA by a very long ways (though S&A was pretty darn good). Thank God they made this fantastic album in the middle of their weakest period.

• Like 4

LedRush will be in shortly

Uh-oh. Is that good or bad? :unsure:

Fans of CP would say it's bad, as my views of the album are well known. But that's for another day.

Happy Birthday, CP!

• Like 1

LedRush will be in shortly

Uh-oh. Is that good or bad? :unsure:

Fans of CP would say it's bad, as my views of the album are well known. But that's for another day.

Happy Birthday, CP!

Ahhh I gotcha, lol. :d13:

I bought the Cranberries' current album at the same time as Counterparts. Both were purchased together. I listened to the Cranberries' new one much more. But I think Counterparts came out in October.

I bought the Cranberries' current album at the same time as Counterparts. Both were purchased together. I listened to the Cranberries' new one much more. But I think Counterparts came out in October.

The debut album from the Cranberries was great. Many good memories from that one.

Counterparts was their best post 80's album prior to Clockwork Angels! Great songs that haven't been played live on that one. Specifically Cut to the Chase and Alien Shore, two great songs that have been overlooked by the boys live.
  • Like 2

The debut album from the Cranberries was great. Many good memories from that one.

Cranberries second album (No Need To Argue)was even better. Nothing from the Cranberries touches that one although I like pretty much all the Cranberries records..

This was my first Rush album as an "adult". I had been out of college a year or so and went to the local record store the night before it came out at midnight to get it. I called in sick the next day at work...

I remember being amazed at how "heavy" it was after some really "light" albums prior.

Animate, Cut to the Chase, Between Sun and Moon, Double Agent, Leave that thing Alone, Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are just amazing.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm positive that Counterparts came out in October- the 19th, if I'm not mistaken. I might be- but I am pretty sure it was October. Close enough, though. Great record! Certainly the best of the '90s- at the time, I thought it was their best since Signals, and I still might stick by that, 20 years on.

And I agree with goobs- it was their best until Clockwork Angels, even though Snakes and Arrows was really, really good.

Damn, I love Counterparts. Out of my list of favorite Rush albums, it is placed at #4, which is pretty damn good. Also, considering it's a 90s album, it shows that Rush wasn't weak during this period, as people misconceive. Anyway, Happy related Birthday CP!!!

:dweez:

I remember that it came out the same day as Pearl Jam's VS. I intentionally didn't buy VS for a month and bought two copies of CP to give Rush a good shot at a number one. I must have been the only one because when the billboard charts came out Rush was number 2. :rage:
  • Like 1

I remember that it came out the same day as Pearl Jam's VS. I intentionally didn't buy VS for a month and bought two copies of CP to give Rush a good shot at a number one. I must have been the only one because when the billboard charts came out Rush was number 2. :rage:

:laughing guy: Crazy it's been this long since its release. I remember loving the return of the warm, heavier guitar sound. But Between Sun & Moon is probably my favorite track off the album. Just a well-crafted tune.

I'm positive that Counterparts came out in October- the 19th, if I'm not mistaken. I might be- but I am pretty sure it was October. Close enough, though.

We differ the definition of positive.

:laughing guy:

By the time Counterparts had come out, I was listening to alternative music (mainly shoe gaze) and had grown tired of Rush. Besides Cranberries, I was really digging Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" which was released about two or three months earlier.

Wow, 20 years. I remember buying this the day it came out. I was in grad school and had to search out a record store because I had only been there for about a month. Later that year, I caught them in Rochester with Candlebox. Candlebox played a bit of Working Man and Geddy sang the first verse off stage. During the show, Alex started the song again and Neil just folded his arms. I remember that the dynamic on stage was off. It was the end of the North American tour and they seemed like they had enough of each other. This was the last record until Clockwork Angels that I enjoyed all the way through.

Without a doubt, Rush's best post-Moving Pictures album. I can't believe it's been 20 years already. This album came out right in the middle of my "herbal stage" and I just listened to this album relentlessly, constantly blown away by it's heaviness, and more specifically, Alex Lifeson absolutely kills it from start to finish on this album.

To this day, Double Agent might be my favorite Rush song and Leave that thing Alone my favorite instrumental

• Like 2

Without a doubt, Rush's best post-Moving Pictures album. I can't believe it's been 20 years already. This album came out right in the middle of my "herbal stage" and I just listened to this album relentlessly, constantly blown away by it's heaviness, and more specifically, Alex Lifeson absolutely kills it from start to finish on this album.

To this day, Double Agent might be my favorite Rush song and Leave that thing Alone my favorite instrumental

I really like Double Agent, too. Not sure why there is so much hate.

• Like 1