Clockwork Angels DVD

upstateNYfan

If they didn't release a DVD from any given tour, you'd have people complaining that they can't relive the tour outside of crappy audience-filmed YouTube clips.

I agree. I'm still pissed they never released a DVD for the Test For Echo Tour that would have 2112 in its Entirety. other live shows I would like to have were the Counterparts and Roll the Bones Tours. Yes. Roll the Bones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj-LMNiAWnM&list=RD02YcKeYXMS0Qc

Great clip but that was the main thing about Rush I hated in those days.

I was always confused why they didn't do longer than 2 hour sets when Yes and other bands would do 2hr 30min plus sets.

Also hated those medleys of 2 min of Red Barchetta and 30 sec of Spirit Of Radio - christ what's the point - it kills the mood/feel of a track!!

• Like 1

If they didn't release a DVD from any given tour, you'd have people complaining that they can't relive the tour outside of crappy audience-filmed YouTube clips.

I agree. I'm still pissed they never released a DVD for the Test For Echo Tour that would have 2112 in its Entirety. other live shows I would like to have were the Counterparts and Roll the Bones Tours. Yes. Roll the Bones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj-LMNiAWnM&list=RD02YcKeYXMS0Qc

Great clip but that was the main thing about Rush I hated in those days.

I was always confused why they didn't do longer than 2 hour sets when Yes and other bands would do 2hr 30min plus sets.

Also hated those medleys of 2 min of Red Barchetta and 30 sec of Spirit Of Radio - christ what's the point - it kills the mood/feel of a track!!

Oh I agree, but this was just an encore. All bets are off during an encore :finbar:

Edited by losingit2k

The new material sucks bad enough, so what's the difference if you watch lo-res YouTube videos filmed with a potato or not?

Why are you even here if you hate everything about the band so much ? You take every opportunity to cut them down in some way. Don't you have anything better to do?

• Like 2

Now we now why:

"Okay, we have to record this." We had a second leg planned in the new year, and at the time we didn't know whether we would change songs or not. The feeling was, "Life is too unpredictable. Let's not record it next year. Let's record it now because at least we know what the show is." So we quickly found a venue that was appropriate, or really a couple of venues, and that's how we did it." From new RS interview with Geddy.

• Like 1

From a new RS interview with Geddy:

Sometimes it's a very concerted effort to choose a time and a place, as it was with Rio. We wanted to record in Brazil and we wanted that location. And when we chose Cleveland, there was a very definite reason for that because Cleveland was the first city that really embraced us. It was a full-circle thing. But this tour, we didn't make any plans originally to record it, but then after we saw that our work was paying off and we were so proud of the show, we thought, "Okay, we have to record this." We had a second leg planned in the new year, and at the time we didn't know whether we would change songs or not. The feeling was, "Life is too unpredictable. Let's not record it next year. Let's record it now because at least we know what the show is." So we quickly found a venue that was appropriate, or really a couple of venues, and that's how we did it.

• Like 1

The new material sucks bad enough, so what's the difference if you watch lo-res YouTube videos filmed with a potato or not?

Why are you even here if you hate everything about the band so much ? You take every opportunity to cut them down in some way. Don't you have anything better to do?

Untrue, I like the band very much, There, wherein, lies the "problem".

Edited by GeminiRising79

From TheDigitalDrummer interview with Neil:

No, you "like" a band from the late 1970's/early 1980's.

• Like 1

No. I like a band that's made some very poor decisions over the past +10 years.

No. They made decisions that you don't like. It's sad that you are immature enough to think that everything that you don't like is inherently bad.

• Like 1

You know, you should manage rock bands. What's holding you back?

• Like 1

His personality!

• Like 3

Probably the same thing that's holding me back from embarking on my epic world arena tour. :P

• Like 1

Like my mate. I'm 44 and he's 49 and he hates everything after Signals. Christ!

Just last week he said he gave Power Windows a chance and said it sounded soooooo 80's, like the drums, keyboards & production.

To be honest, I still thinks it stands up really well.

I can't wait to blast out the live versions from the upcoming blu-ray. It'b be good to see if he changes his mind.

Also, to be fair he did like Peaceable Kingdom off Vapor Trails. Great track.

• Like 1

Geeze, guys, don't let trolls dominate this thread.

Sometimes you just get sick of all the negativity, and especially from someone who never posts anything but those kinds of comments. Complaining is not going to change a thing the band does, so why do it? It just gets old.

• Like 1

When will the CD be available for preorder?

I've been wondering that, too. I haven't seen Thing One about it, and I'm starting to worry that maybe there won't be one.

I've been wondering that, too. I haven't seen Thing One about it, and I'm starting to worry that maybe there won't be one.

Rush.com said: On November 19th, "RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

It's coming. No worries. :)

• Like 1

Rush.com said: On November 19th, "RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

It's coming. No worries. :)

I want the Full Monty! CDs Blu-ray/ DVD/ the works!

You can rip audio off of a DVD or blu ray pretty easily, you should just get that and make your own CD. As a bonus, you can mix in the bonus tracks however you want.

You can rip audio off of a DVD or blu ray pretty easily, you should just get that and make your own CD. As a bonus, you can mix in the bonus tracks however you want.

Yeah, but it's not ideal. I have an audio rip of the R30 blu-ray, since that has the full set list, but the audio isn't mixed nearly as well as if it was done specifically for an album. Your basically taking a surround sound track and making it stereo, so some elements are lost a bit.

I just want to see the tracklist for the CD, I want to see if it will include the bonus tracks.

Has the DVD/Blu Ray been given a UK release date yet. It's not on Amazaon.co.uk for pre-order yet. I have already set aside 19 Nov as Rush day, so it better be available then in the UK lol

It's probably a venue where they were allowed to film. Not all places will allow it. Plus it was close to the beginning of the tour, so Geddy's voice would be better, and it was someplace they hadn't filmed before.

yes, this makes sense! :laughing guy: