2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Wonder if Bieber is going to show up for game 3, he's quite the Kings fan.

What the hell happened? I step out for a bit and it goes from 0-2 to 5-2?

Carter Line Exploded

Along with the refs.

Don't start sounding like a Habs fan now, thats not like you :LOL:

You disagree? Two bogus penalties to start the third and after that we had to open up. I wish we didn't have the 5 on 3 in the first. Bloody zebras.

Crap did they take a sleeping pill or something? :eh: :bitchslap: Why didn't we take a time out after we got scored on twice at least? Pulling Crawford so early was pointless... :no: :facepalm: Let's hope they got this out of their system. Damn I didn't wear my jersey...guess I jinxed them :smash: Edited by Rhyta

Carter Line Exploded

Along with the refs.

You disagree? Two bogus penalties to start the third and after that we had to open up. I wish we didn't have the 5 on 3 in the first. Bloody zebras.

Correction 1 bogus call - 1 bad call does not 5 goals equal :LOL:

Crap did they take a sleeping pill or something? :eh: :bitchslap: Why didn't we take a time out after we got scored on twice at least? Pulling Crawford so early was pointless... :no: :facepalm: Let's hope they got this out of their system. Damn I didn't wear my jersey...guess I jinxed them :smash:

The good thing about this loss is maybe now genius Q will stop overthinking the lines.I mean really, Kane with Handzus? Can't wait to see where he decides to put Shaw. Now that Sharp has fallen out of favors, the Hossa-Shaw-Sharp line may be out of the question. I'd still like to see it. No matter what, we have to beef up with Kane and Toews playing together. After all, It saved Quenneville's ass time and time again in the past.
  • Like 1

Carter Line Exploded

Along with the refs.

Correction 1 bogus call - 1 bad call does not 5 goals equal :LOL:

Even the three NBC Kings fans couldn't find Bollig's penalty on the replay. And the too many men doesn't have to be addressed, I shouldn't think.
  • Like 1

Very interesting now! Best of 5 series with Kings having home field and heading home.

If Quick can play Shutdown Hockey, looks like the Hawks can get frustrated easy....equaling stupid penalties.

Go Kings!!!!

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/k2.jpg http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/k1.jpg http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/k.jpg

• Like 1

L :cosmo: E :cosmo: D :cosmo: D :cosmo: Y :dweez: Hawks 1 Kings 0

S :o M :o I :o T :o H :haz: Hawks 2 Kings 0

Crawford clueless there. :sigh: Hawks 2 Kings 1

We went to bed after the 2nd period, but at the time I said to my son that I hoped that giving up such a late goal didn't come back to haunt the Hawks. In a sense, I think it did. The Hawks were completely dominating the game prior to that point.

Islanders actually completed a trade for a goalie?

We send a 4th round pick to Washington for Halak. He's a UFA in July so we still need to sign him, but his agent says he's definitely interested.

Isles sign Halak, 4 years, $18 million. Wow, we actually have a legit goaltender.

L :cosmo: E :cosmo: D :cosmo: D :cosmo: Y :dweez: Hawks 1 Kings 0

S :o M :o I :o T :o H :haz: Hawks 2 Kings 0

Crawford clueless there. :sigh: Hawks 2 Kings 1

We went to bed after the 2nd period, but at the time I said to my son that I hoped that giving up such a late goal didn't come back to haunt the Hawks. In a sense, I think it did. The Hawks were completely dominating the game prior to that point.

The Hawks usually look like :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: after giving up a goal while leading 2 or 3-0. I was hoping the 15 minute break would help them get it together again. Nope.

We send a 4th round pick to Washington for Halak. He's a UFA in July so we still need to sign him, but his agent says he's definitely interested.

Isles sign Halak, 4 years, $18 million. Wow, we actually have a legit goaltender.

Nice that they actually got him locked up. Seems like goaltending has been making the Isles look worse than they really are for a few years now...

@fearthefin

Halak is a career .918 goalie. If the Isles had a .918 SV% last season they would have finished with a +23 goal differential.

• Like 1

Former Bruins assistant GM Jim Benning announced as Vancouver's new general manager. Lots of talk around here about the "Boston model" but I have no idea what that means beyond "sign the best defenseman in the world as a free agent and swindle an awesome goalie from the Leafs". And as successful as the Bruins have been over the past few years, they've also made a lot of really questionable decisions, so....we'll see how this works out.

Nice that they actually got him locked up. Seems like goaltending has been making the Isles look worse than they really are for a few years now...

@fearthefin

Halak is a career .918 goalie. If the Isles had a .918 SV% last season they would have finished with a +23 goal differential.

When you look at the standings at the end of the regular season, and you look at the cutoff line for the playoffs, generally the teams with a + goal differential are in the playoffs. Last year, the only - team to make it in was Detroit, and no + teams were out.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf

The Isles don't need much to be a consistent playoff team. Goaltending was the big one. Another top-4 D man is needed, but that might be Griffin Reinhart in a year, if he doesn't make the club this year. The Flyers were kind enough to help to our D by overpaying for Streit and MacDonald -- that was addition by subtraction for us.

Such a lovely picture from Wednesday nights game 3rd period

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/492803367_slide_zpse23ec07e.jpg

Looks like all the business suits left. :hail:
  • Like 1

Such a lovely picture from Wednesday nights game 3rd period

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/492803367_slide_zpse23ec07e.jpg

Looks like all the business suits left. :hail:

I just hope this isn't what Staples will look like tomorrow in the third period - :o :P Edited by alphseeker

What the hell am I going to do after the finals are finished in two weeks. I can't even stand not having a game for one night. Damn Basketball

Absolutely...always hard to have the season end..not much to watch over the summer. Glad I have a bunch of sci fi series on tape to watch or I'd go crazy....GO HAWKS!!