Lisa Robin Kelly, from That 70s Show, Passes Away

Xanadoood

While in rehab...another tragic Hollywood demise...R.I.P

http://www.dailymail...king-rehab.html

Dunno if tragic is the right word here... She had all the opportunity in the world but pissed her life away with abuse of drugs, alcohol, etc. I cannot feel bad for people that do this to themselves. I feel bad for those that were close to them.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 3

Dunno if tragic is the right word here... She had all the opportunity in the world but pissed her life away with abuse of drugs, alcohol, etc. I cannot feel bad for people that do this to themselves. I feel bad for those that were close to them.

I agree. I have a family member that no matter what they were told or what was done for them kept making the wrong decisions. It's a horrible thing to witness.

That's real compassionate of you. Cool.

• Like 1

I just read in a recent interview, she said she really picked up drinking and doing drugs after having a miscarriage.

How horrific.

I just read in a recent interview, she said she really picked up drinking and doing drugs after having a miscarriage.

How horrific.

Oh well. She should have picked herself up by her bootstraps and gotten help.

• Like 1

I just don't see her as an evil person for "getting what she deserved". It's sad.

I can't even imagine the pain a miscarriage would cause. I know that would certainly make me at least VERY VERY VERY tempted to drink/drug myself silly.

She was in rehab, she was going to at least try to get help. It's not like people I know personally who just say "F**k it, I don't need help! *glug glug snort*" and just keep doing what they want.

I just don't see her as an evil person for "getting what she deserved". It's sad.

I can't even imagine the pain a miscarriage would cause. I know that would certainly make me at least VERY VERY VERY tempted to drink/drug myself silly.

She was in rehab, she was going to at least try to get help. It's not like people I know personally who just say "F**k it, I don't need help! *glug glug snort*" and just keep doing what they want.

Exactly. The attitude that she did this to herself, therefore we shouldnt have any sympathy for her, is complete bullshit. Addiction is a bitch, and ive known a few people who lost the battle...of course its sad and frustrating to watch, and you wonder why they dont just stop, but along with the addiction, comes mental issues. Brutal stuff.

• Like 1

Exactly. The attitude that she did this to herself, therefore we shouldnt have any sympathy for her, is complete bullshit. Addiction is a bitch, and ive known a few people who lost the battle...of course its sad and frustrating to watch, and you wonder why they dont just stop, but along with the addiction, comes mental issues. Brutal stuff.

No one's said she's evil and deserved to die. No one's said it isn't sad that she died. Just that "tragic" is maybe a little too strong of a word. I'd reserve it for the devastation her family must be feeling; no parent should ever have to bury their child.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3

No one's said she's evil and deserved to die. No one's said it isn't sad that she died. Just that "tragic" is maybe a little too strong of a word. I'd reserve it for the devastation her family must be feeling; no parent should ever have to bury their child.

"She had all the opportunity in the world but pissed her life away with abuse of drugs, alcohol, etc. I cannot feel bad for people that do this to themselves"

I just find that kind of attitude toward someone real heartless.

"She had all the opportunity in the world but pissed her life away with abuse of drugs, alcohol, etc. I cannot feel bad for people that do this to themselves"

Is it tragic when a random meth head dies in the slums? No. Is it sad, yes.

I find the word 'tragic' is overused on celebrities. Just like the word 'hero'. Tom Brady is not a hero for winning a football game, I save that word for firefighters and the like. Don't pretend you know who I am or try to make yourself feel bigger by putting down a stranger on an anonymous message board.

• Like 1

I find the word 'tragic' is overused on celebrities. Just like the word 'hero'. Tom Brady is not a hero for winning a football game, I save that word for firefighters and the like. Don't pretend you know who I am or try to make yourself feel bigger by putting down a stranger on an anonymous message board.

I wasnt putting you down..I just dont agree with your attitude.

I wasnt putting you down..I just dont agree with your attitude.

Well, I guess I should thank you for calling me heartless. What's really tragic is your use of the word tragic

I believe it IS tragic...anyone who falls victim to drugs and alcohol..it destroys lives...once hooked, that persons life is a constant uphill battle, and that in turn is tragic that they will never be really free from the evils of

Oh, and i agree with you about athletes as heroes..completely ridiculous

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

I don't want to start a big ruckus here but to me a tragic demise is being killed in a car accident by a drunk driver or dying from natural causes too young, and not because you can't lay off the drugs and shit. Sorry, always felt that way.

EDIT: Nevermind, the ruckus hath been started already!

Edited by Del_Duio