New interview with Howard pretty much confirms.....

nhlrush

From RIAB excerpt.....

Bp: Will they ever do a full Clockwork…

Howard: I don’t know. Are they talking about touring again? Yes. They’re talking about possibly touring in two years. But there will be nothing again for two years, we know that.

Bp: Would that be a new album or R42 as Geddy has mentioned, do you know?

Howard: I don’t know. That is up to them. They are the masters of that. As they say, “I light ‘em, I don’t write ‘em.” [laughs]

Pretty much confirms what Geddy has said, Rush will be off the stage for quite a while....

Btw, did anyone notice during the RRHOF induction ceremony that Neil's wife Carrie appeared to be pregnant? i read about this somewhere else but was't sure if it was common knowledge...

If this is true, then one would have to think that Neil is going to want to be home for these two years as he spends time with Olivia and the new baby to be.....

I keep thinking 2015 sounds about right..... but no touring at all for 2014, that seems very likely...

Edited by nhlrush

Time to save up for as many shows as possibly :-)

Yeah that "could this be it" scenario is getting closer to being a reality!

I'd love to see one big last hurrah kind of tour happen if they are going to hang it up, and I hope to be able to see them multiple times!

I thought she looked pregnant, but I think it was her open jacket just playing tricks on the eyes at that angle. I had seen some photos of them from February, I think, where they were at a premiere of something (or the photos appeared to be of that nature) and she appeared very NOT pregnant.

The clip I saw during the RRHOF ceremony she looked VERY pregnant, and in two month's time she couldn't have changed quite that much. :)

ETA the photos I referred to:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2013/02/25/3516/Neil-Peart-and-wife-Carrie-Nuttall-attend-Global-Green-USAs-10th-annual-Pre-Oscar-Party-last-week

Edited by Amy Farrah Fowler

From RIAB excerpt.....

Bp: Will they ever do a full Clockwork…

Howard: I don’t know. Are they talking about touring again? Yes. They’re talking about possibly touring in two years. But there will be nothing again for two years, we know that.

Bp: Would that be a new album or R42 as Geddy has mentioned, do you know?

Howard: I don’t know. That is up to them. They are the masters of that. As they say, “I light ‘em, I don’t write ‘em.” [laughs]

He lights their joints?

R42 sounds like something Geddy or Alex would say on the fly. It doesn't really seem like they'd plan and say, "Hey guys, let's do an R42 because it's more offbeat than an R40 tour". Besides, Rush doesn't make plans that far into the future. They've said that countless times

Truthfully, two years isn;t all that much. We've gotten spoiled as of late with Rush seemingly touring every year for the past decade or so. But before that, two years between tours seemed much the case for the 80's and 90's.

I was thinking it would be more like R45, but that is probably too long for them and I know it's too long for us. Honestly I don't expect them to do R-anything again unless it's R50. Rush is very been there done that.

Just like everyone says...now is the time to start saving up that dough. Honestly i can see them taking at least a year off...but maybe in that time their years of rocking wont let them sit still for too long. In that Eddie Trunk interview earlier this year Al and Ged both said they would use the time off for rest and writing. I picture about a year and a half of hiatus then either a new 5.1 re-issue or studio album/supporting tour (but the latter is probably a huge maybe)...i just hope the break goes by fast. Cant wait to see what they'll pull out of the vault for this next tour.

With that much time off why wouldn't they write new material?

I'm sure they will.

I don't see them just sitting around NOT tinkering with ideas in their heads, riffs, lyrics, etc.