Current pop songs I hate!

Lerxster

Anything by Kesha.

I won't go so far as to say I hate Lady Gaga, but I find her entire schtick derivative and uninspired. I feel she's fooling a lot of people.

Fooling people into thinking you actually have any talent must be the greatest con job ever. Im talking about Kesha of course.

As for Gaga... meeeh. I dont give a shit about pop anyway, but im pretty sure that under all that make up, ridiculous outfits and overblown invented "personality" must be at least a somewhat competent singer and pianist called Stefani Germanotta.

One thing that I have to give her is that she stands by her art and doesn't care about what other people say - she just does what she loves. Regardless of if you think her music is good or not, she's got that going for her.

Kesha needs to get shot. Or overdose. Or something. :rage:

With her name spelled Ke$ha, it's not hard to understand what her motivation is.

• Like 2

Taylor Swift is a decent songwriter, but most of the singles from her new album are tuneless, trend-hopping dreck.

I tend to agree. I like that she writes her own songs AND plays an instrument (don't really see that these days in music), but her new stuff is really just not good.

My niece was PISSED. "She sounds all poppy now!! WHY DOES SHE SOUND SO BAD NOW?????" lmao :P

I dislike all pop artists these days, All of 'em. lol.

And for the record, my GOD I can stand Ke$ha a hell of a lot more than Lady Gag Gag. 0_o lol

One thing that surprised me was her song with Alice Cooper "What Baby Wants"- it's really not that bad. I had low expectations, but hey! Color me surprised lol

And for the record, my GOD I can stand Ke$ha a hell of a lot more than Lady Gag Gag. 0_o lol

You gotta respect Gaga somewhat though.

Why? She's totally derivative. I find nothing particularily inspired in her music. I've seen it and heard it all before.

• Like 2

Why? She's totally derivative. I find nothing particularily inspired in her music. I've seen it and heard it all before.

Gaga appears to have analyzed Madonna and m Manson and put them both together to create this image that far outweighs any talent she has.

Anything by Kesha.

I won't go so far as to say I hate Lady Gaga, but I find her entire schtick derivative and uninspired. I feel she's fooling a lot of people.

Fooling people into thinking you actually have any talent must be the greatest con job ever. Im talking about Kesha of course.

As for Gaga... meeeh. I dont give a shit about pop anyway, but im pretty sure that under all that make up, ridiculous outfits and overblown invented "personality" must be at least a somewhat competent singer and pianist called Stefani Germanotta.

One thing that I have to give her is that she stands by her art and doesn't care about what other people say - she just does what she loves. Regardless of if you think her music is good or not, she's got that going for her.

Charming.

I didn't mention anything about her music actually.

Edited by Steevo

Anything by Kesha.

Charming.

Lots of pig-ignorance on this forum.

I didn't mention anything about her music actually.

I feel the same way about her image and her schtick. Nothing new. It's all been done before and done better, IMO.

I just always saw Gaga as a fake. Oh, she's wearing insanely high heels and a meat dress.

Like it's been mentioned- it's all been done before, and much better.

I just absolutely cannot stand that woman.

You may not like her, but just the fact that she can sing AND always sings live should earn her some credit.

You may not like her, but just the fact that she can sing AND always sings live should earn her some credit.

Not really. That isn't unusual at all, even in mainstream pop.

Really? Bieber, Kesha, Rhianna, Brittney etc. all lip synch.

Really? Bieber, Kesha, Rhianna, Brittney etc. all lip synch.

Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Pink, Justin Timberlake...lots of real singers in pop. And Bieber and Rhianna definitely do have pipes even if they've used lip-syncing on occasion.

I hate almost every pop. Yes, hate is the right word here.

"But he/she writes their own songs" - Still crap to me.

"But he/she sings live" - Doesn't matter to me. Still crap.

And why do they have to spoonfeed us half-naked prostitute looking dancers in the background, not to mention the singer too? I hate that choregraphed shallow form of entertainment.

I think I need some fresh air ;)

:rantoff:

• Like 1

And why do they have to spoonfeed us half-naked prostitute looking dancers in the background

Coz we like half-naked prostitute looking dancers. Oh yes.

I though it was because they wouldn't allow fully naked prostitutes