Supertramp - Anybody here likes them?

Akron162

This band isnt mentioned a lot here, so, why not?

This band is like a guilty pleasure for me, i really like their compositions and i think Roger Hodgson has a really pleasant voice, and the fact they have some prog bits here and there also helps.

I have problems with their more poppy approach, you know, thats why i call it aguilty pleasure, but i think Crime of the Century and Even in the Quietest Moments are really good albums.

So, anybody here likes it?

I have heard of them, though I don't really know anything about them, but the only song I've ever heard is "It's Raining Again". I think that's what it's called.

:)

I only caught up with Supertramp in the late 80´s when "Autobiography" came out, and was really hooked from the very first listen. Then Free As A Bird came out, and that was the last studio album I heard, I know there´s been others. But they´ve been very erratic since at least 1989.

It´s a shame that they will never do a reunion tour with Roger Hodgson...he left in 1985 and the remaining guys promised they´de never play his songs live. That promise didn´t last for even the first half of the next tour!

Yeah, I love them. I don't know why you'd call them a guilty pleasure, though. If you like it, then that's good enough, surely. Feeling guilty for liking something is insane. Unless you like licking sheep.

I'm seeing Roger Hodgson in concert Wednesday night!

I love Supertramp .

If Rush had Children with Yes , you would end up with Supertramp

I bought Dreamer when I saw them on Top Of The Pops , then I bought Crime Of The Century and from then on I have been a fan .

The only regret is that I have never seen them live ,

Along with Crime of the Century, Breakfast in America, and Even in the Quietest Moments, I have to highly recommend Famous Last Words, Crisis, What Crisis?, as well as their self-titled debut album Supertramp. Those are all fantastic albums that get plenty of listens from me :)

And if you dig Rick Davies' style enough, you should also check out Brother Where You Bound. That's a great album, too. I'm not a huge fan of Free as a Bird, Some Things Never Change, or Slow Motion, but I have given them some listens and wasn't too disappointed.