Gilmour says no more

I woke up to a big headline in this morning's paper to the effect that Pink Floyd will positively consider uniting again for the sake of peace in the Middle East, specifically to support a settlement between Israel and the Palestinians. While that is a laudable gesture on their part, I don't think any of them will be alive anymore by then. But hey, I hope I'm wrong!

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 3 2005, 12:44 AM)
interview with dave for q1043 here in NY and he said that this was their final show and he did not expect them to play togheter again. he is only looking forward to his new album which he said is coming up early next year.

Bad news - I was so hoping that they would get bnack together - last night really whetterd by appetite for a full Floy tour fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jul 3 2005, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 3 2005, 12:44 AM)
interview with dave for q1043 here in NY and he said that this was their final show and he did not expect them to play togheter again. he is only looking forward to his new album which he said is coming up early next year.

Bad news - I was so hoping that they would get bnack together - last night really whetterd by appetite for a full Floy tour fists crying.gif

i never though that anything else would happen with the four of them - the fact that even this happened was miracle enough...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 3 2005, 04:44 PM)
I can't believe they didn't play Time...

There are a lot of songs that people are going to wish they would have played. There wasn't enough time. They couldn't be on stage the whole day. (Even though that would be awesome.) biggrin.gif

I thought it was great to see them all on stage again, but I still think they are better off without Roger. David is such a great vocalist and Roger just can't sing.

I hope they do another tour.

Probably not. And if they did an album (which they won't) I'm not sure I'd like to hear. Four sixty year olds can only be so good, be they anyone's grandfather or Pink Floyd.

QUOTE (Oberon @ Jul 3 2005, 09:55 PM)
Probably not. And if they did an album (which they won't) I'm not sure I'd like to hear. Four sixty year olds can only be so good, be they anyone's grandfather or Pink Floyd.

When one of the 60 year olds is David Gilmour, I'd gladly sit and listen to the album.

Plus the fact that the older I get, the younger they seem. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (namlaks @ Jul 3 2005, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 3 2005, 04:44 PM)
I can't believe they didn't play Time...

There are a lot of songs that people are going to wish they would have played. There wasn't enough time. They couldn't be on stage the whole day. (Even though that would be awesome.) biggrin.gif

I know, but I wish they would've played Time instead of Money.

ohmy.gif wink.gif When they played C Numb I had a tear in my eye plus I was a bit drunk,great to see them on a stage again, GODS ! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Roger just can't sing

Watch the "In the Flesh Live" DVD and you may change your mind.

But I agree, Roger didn't sound so good at Live 8.

he is only looking forward to his new album which he said is coming up early next year

A new Gilmour album, best news I've had in months!

OK, let's come back from my holidays and alienate everyone immediately.

While another tour would be great, now might be a good time to finish it. My own view is that Floyd without Roger was missing something. By all accounts, The Wall saw things deteriorate badly between them, and The Final Cut was essentially a Roger Waters solo album in all but name.

David has previously said that he just turned up, played guitar and went home, with no creative input. What we saw on Saturday night was magic. I'm not naive enough to believe that all four of them have buried the hatchet and everything in the garden is rosey again, and I don't think any of you are either.

The Roger era sort of dwindled to a close, and the post Roger era is at a hiatus right now, with no-one knowing what's going on, least of all the band themselves. Saturday night affords them a chance to go out with a bang, the final image one of all four of them with arms around each other after a stunning version of Comfortably Numb.

It would be tragic if they were to embark on a tour and have the whole thing unravel, and unfortunately, I think that would be practically inevitable if all four went on the road together again.

Archived