Ask Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee Your Questions!

ShlappinDahBass

MusicRadar is letting fans ask RUSH questions on May 20 this upcoming Monday. Here is a link to the website...http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ask-alex-lifeson-and-geddy-lee-your-questions-575159

They will want you to email them or Facebook your questions and they will pluck the best questions for them.

On this note, what do you think you'd ask RUSH if you tried this?

I asked about Geddy and Alex making a DVD video just like Neil did with Taking Center Stage.

I'm intrigued to hear what some people might want to ask!

Going by threads in this forum in the past...

"What kind of underwear do you wear?"

"Have you guys ever 'shared' a woman backstage?"

"What's your favorite soup?"

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Seriously though, I think a great question could be asked from ILs thread about what he misses..

Something like...

"Do you guys make an effort to let each member have songs/albums that feature their skills, or does it just happen organically?"

• Like 2

During long grueling tours in the 70's when you were staying in some cheap motel in an anonymous town in the middle of nowhere, did you ever get bored and touch each others penises?

I thought you asked them that question years ago which led to that restraining order being filed against you

• Like 2

During long grueling tours in the 70's when you were staying in some cheap motel in an anonymous town in the middle of nowhere, did you ever get bored and touch each others penises?

Freudian slip goobs?

Freudian slip goobs?

He's constantly slipping into gay areas. Gray! I meant gray.

Freudian slip goobs?

No slip. goobs was serious

Freudian slip goobs?

I'd ask them that. It'd be more fun that most of the same old same old questions they always get.

And I wouldn't be surprised - it's 1976, they're hanging out in a hotel room post-show, had a few beers in them, they're feeling really friendly, there's a little playful touching, one thing leads to another.... i can TOTALLY see it. :yes: :P

Freudian slip goobs?

I'd ask them that. It'd be more fun that most of the same old same old questions they always get.

And I wouldn't be surprised - it's 1976, they're hanging out in a hotel room post-show, had a few beers in them, they're feeling really friendly, there's a little playful touching, one thing leads to another.... i can TOTALLY see it. :yes: :P

Yeah, that's all true. Passage to Bangkok and Something For Nothing could've had their inspiration from those playful interludes.

I probably have an interview with Alex or Geddy in Amsterdam on 2 June, so...... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I probably have an interview with Alex or Geddy in Amsterdam on 2 June, so...... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ask them the penis related question. :yes:

:Neil: Hey Lerxt it's that Rushgoober guy again. Talking about our cods. He seems pre-occupied doesn't he?

:Alex: Sure does Neil...can you give me some kind of proverb that can apply to his situation?

:Neil: Hmmmm lemmee see here...oh here's a Chinese one from one of my new favorite books If Confucius and Neitzche Hung Out: what would they say?: "man who talks about another man's package, must not be wrapped tight"

• Like 1

Freudian slip goobs?

:Neil: Here's another post involving our sexuality Dirk..this guys got tons

:geddy: Wow...I'll bet he lives in a closet, chomps on a cigar while wearing a diaper. Probably got a crash helmet on for safety

:Alex: what's up with this guy? Wonder if he's on any lists?

My question....

Alex, what do you think of those who claim to be Rush fans, yet fail to recognize the transcendent greatness of Vapor Trails?

My question....

Alex, what do you think of those who claim to be Rush fans, yet fail to recognize the transcendent greatness of Vapor Trails?

:Alex: Thanks for the question LABT—I think they're real cornholes...next question
  • Like 5

My question....

Alex's answer: "I disagree with the premise of the question. First of all, if Rush has any kind of message, it's about freewill and individual determinism, so I respect people with dissenting points of views and opinions, even if it's against us. That said, it was a very difficult time for us making that album. We spent a lot of time in the studio, a lot more than we ever had previously, and still we couldn't get it right. The album sounds horrible, but outside of that the songs just weren't there. At the time I was into this phase of doing guitar textures instead of regular solos, and that was a big mistake. The songs were depressing, and understandably so given what Neil had gone through, and just nothing came together. Truth be told, we should have just scrapped the album and not released it, but we had a big reunion tour coming up and we had to re-start somewhere. I'm glad there are hardcore dedicated fans out there who enjoy the album, but it was easily our weakest effort and is probably best forgotten about. It was an important step for us in terms of getting back into recording and touring, but if we had that album to do over again, if I'm being honest, we probably wouldn't do it all."