Ancient Rush fan digests, from the early days of the net....

Smegger68

Well, this is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

Weird to think that 23 years ago, newbies to the net were expounding on the same things we are today.... But with better font and graphics styles! :)

• Like 1

Ahhh the good ole days!

I remember my first online account.. Prodigy.net... it was impossible to get to the TNMS list... I tried for ages to figure out how to get to syrinx.umd.edu ... a URL I will NEVER forget!

Thanks to Jimmy, Meg and David for all their dedication back in the day!!

Edited by Snaked

I don't think I knew the Internet existed until '94, and I still barely understood it for a couple of years.

Great stuff...I found one posting on there (do you think I can remember which one?) that discussed the juggler image from Hold Your Fire. Apparently, there were several graphical references to albums of the past on the cover, but you had to look really hard to find them. Guess what I'm doing when I get home!

It seems like the digests only go up to '93 on the archives. I know they went on for much longer than that. I remember starting to post on there when Alex's Victor project was coming out. I remember saving alot of them on floppy discs. LOL

I think it ended in '97 or so after trickling away to an issue every week or fortnight or so. The moderator, a women at College Park, MD (I forget her name - Laura?) both moved on and realized that digests like these were also going away. I was a steady poster there for a few years.

I don't think I knew the Internet existed until '94, and I still barely understood it for a couple of years.

Al Gore sent me an advanced copy in the early/mid '80's. It wasn't quite ready for wide release as he was still tweaking it, and having to personnaly correct some of the protocols that some MIT/NSA people bungled. Eventually Al fixed everything right up and the rest is history.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Al Gore sent me an advanced copy in the early/mid '80's. It wasn't quite ready for wide release as he was still tweaking it, and having to personnaly correct some of the protocols that some MIT/NSA people bungled. Eventually Al fixed everything right up and the rest is history.

And to think that Edward Snowden was a gawky 12-year old when we were plugging away on TNMS...

Or, after T4E, rumoring that the band was going to put out one last album called "All Good Things..." and call it a career.

These are a fascinating read.

Apparently, everyone thought "Roll the Bones" was actually going to be called "Rolling the Bones", and there were some rather creative interpretations of that title.

"From what I remember, rolling bones is a method of divining the future used in many voodoo and Rastafarian religions."

"Rolling bones is/was a method of predicting the future by Asian(big ?) priests/shamans."

Interesting that a couple of people correctly predicted it would have an instrumental track on it.

Edited by analog guy