Dave Grohl cries after meeting Neil

claunchorlando

That is sweet! I was not sure if Grohl was a "real fan". Taylor obviously is. But the induction ceremony really convinced me- Grohl rattling off the names of all the albums in the correct order, his recollection of his introduction to 2112 from the stoner older brother of a friend, and his comments on the photos all sounded remarkably familiar to me.

That is sweet! I was not sure if Grohl was a "real fan". Taylor obviously is. But the induction ceremony really convinced me- Grohl rattling off the names of all the albums in the correct order, his recollection of his introduction to 2112 from the stoner older brother of a friend, and his comments on the photos all sounded remarkably familiar to me.

It sounds exactly like me...except for the stoner older brother part. That's me :D

I'd pretty much fall apart momentarily myself.

I think it is cool that people still remain fans of others and be awestruck even after achieving a lot of fame on their own.

That is a gift.

I was really impressed with Dave's speech. I can see him totally coming apart meeting Neil. I mean it's NEIL!!! I'd probably burst into tears, too, as I explained how much his lyrics and rhythms mean to me.

Dave Grohl is a 100% class act and I hold him in extremely high regard. He is the real deal and he appears to do a good job of staying grounded.

:heart: Dave :heart:

I was really impressed with Dave's speech. I can see him totally coming apart meeting Neil. I mean it's NEIL!!! I'd probably burst into tears, too, as I explained how much his lyrics and rhythms mean to me.

Dave Grohl is a 100% class act and I hold him in extremely high regard. He is the real deal and he appears to do a good job of staying grounded.

:heart: Dave :heart:

You'd cry? I'd probably pee my pants. :LOL:

Grohl's biggest moment? "I met Neil Peart for the first time at rehearsal. This man was as influential to me as any religion. And he said, 'So nice to meet you, can I make you a coffee?' And he made me a coffee. Later on that night, I went to dinner and had a couple glasses of wine and I started f***ing crying, because my hero made me a coffee." ...

:boohoo: :LOL: :haz:

Him rattling off their studio albums in chronological order was one of the coolest things ever. :7up:

He wouldn't have been able to do it without the teleprompter.

You don't know that. If he's a real Rush fan he'd be able to. I can. Most people here could do it in their sleep.

oooh goody!! I'm not the only one who has burst into tears meeting their hero lol. and it sounds like a few people here would, too- no shame!!!

:dweez: