RRHOF - Don Henley, WTF is he talking about??!!

ThinkingBig

Go to 1:26 - what the f**k is this ass talking about?

"This is one of those inductions that's long overdue. In fact, it's shamefully overdue."

He's talking about Randy Newman.

Now, I dig Randy Newman -- when I'm at a Pixar movie with my kids. Or at the Hollywood Bowl; mellow adult listening faire. Randy Newman is getting in the RRHOF to add a little diversity. He's interesting and talented and respected—a songwriter who had 2 hits back in the 70's, one big hit in 80's that became the L.A. anthem, and a couple of quirky soundtrack songs. But ROCK AND ROLL??

My God, is Don Henley the biggest asshole or what?

"one of those inductions" as if people are tracking and categorizing inductions.

Randy Newman has a lot more in common with rock than Donna Summer and Public Enemy. That said, I really don't care about Randy Newman or Don Henley. The only thing I did notice was the cheers were miniscule compared to when Rush was getting inducted. ;)

Randy Newman has a lot more in common with rock than Donna Summer and Public Enemy. That said, I really don't care about Randy Newman or Don Henley. The only thing I did notice was the cheers were miniscule compared to when Rush was getting inducted. ;)

IMO PE rocks harder than most music. one of my all time favorites.

I think what Chuck D said last night puts in all in perspective:

"There's some people thinking even at this moment, there goes the musical neighborhood," he said. "Let us not forget: We all come from the damn blues."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-2013-rush-and-fans-fight-the-power-20130419

• Like 1

"There's some people thinking even at this moment, there goes the musical neighborhood," he said. "Let us not forget: We all come from the damn blues."

http://www.rollingst...-power-20130419

Oh, did Public Enemy do an acceptance speech too? How cute. :P

No offense meant, but unless you put a video in front of me like Don Henley talking about Randy Newman, it's hard to remember last night was about anyone but Rush. :haz:

• Like 1

..and I STILL can't understand why YES is not inducted... YES?!!! They are fabulous!!!!!!!

Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Kiss, etc. - there are still quite a few stunning omissions...

And don't forget Blondie and Madonna....oh wait. :o

If that doesn't make those glaring omissions that much more shocking. :wacko:

http://www.rollingst...-power-20130419

Oh, did Public Enemy do an acceptance speech too? How cute. :P

No offense meant, but unless you put a video in front of me like Don Henley talking about Randy Newman, it's hard to remember last night was about anyone but Rush. :haz:

:smoke:

and a fine speech it was. one final thought (fart) for you to linger upon is that many consider rock and roll to be rebellious music and to me alot of the good stuff is. in that regard PE easily exceeds rush. by a long shot.

Wasn't he from The Eagles?

Yes, now he whines like a wounded beagle. He's a bloated hairy thing winning a Grammy. (see the Mojo Nixon song above)

don't let him get back together with Glenn Frey

Don Henley must ...

:madra:

Why should anyone care what Henley rails about? Remember, this is a guy who was crying about us destroying nature at Walden's Pond from the comfort of his huge mansion in Beverly Hills with sports cars in the driveway and got busted when the cops were called to his house after two teenage girls almost overdosed on drugs there. And lest we not forget him admitting the first Eagles reunion tour was only about the $$.

So my question stands-Should we care what this guy has to offer us with his holier-than-thou nonsense?

Edited by jjgittes

Hotel California came on the radio today, the music intro finished, but when the singing started, all I could hear was...

Blah, Blah, Blah....

Lerxst, what have you done to us.

• Like 1