losingit2k

Well now that they are officially in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame What's next for Rush? Well besides the 2nd leg of the Clockwork Angels Tour that Starts in:

5 Days!

I say that an Appearance on Saturday Night Live should follow! What do you guys think?

:7up:

Edited by losingit2k

Retire in Style is what I say...thank these men for a life's worth of work...they deserve it

:eh: You think they should retire? What a weird thing to say. I don't think they're done. I don't think they want to be done.

• Like 3

Retire in Style is what I say...thank these men for a life's worth of work...they deserve it

:eh: You think they should retire? What a weird thing to say. I don't think they're done. I don't think they want to be done.

In a way...yes. I don't think there is anything wrong with the band or anything else for that matter. It is just that I prefer careers to end on a high note and this is def a high note for them. If they continue I am in no way disappointed!

• Like 1

In a way...yes. I don't think there is anything wrong with the band or anything else for that matter. It is just that I prefer careers to end on a high note and this is def a high note for them. If they continue I am in no way disappointed!

:eh: RRHOF induction is a high point of their career? :spitwater: I think another stellar album (and tour) would be a much better way to end their career as Rush.

• Like 2

:eh: RRHOF induction is a high point of their career? :spitwater:

Pretty sure he meant that CLOCKWORK ANGELS was a high point, and I agree. To go out with an album THAT good would really be something... and much better than making a sub-par album or two and THEN retiring.

:eh: RRHOF induction is a high point of their career? :spitwater:

Pretty sure he meant that CLOCKWORK ANGELS was a high point, and I agree. To go out with an album THAT good would really be something... and much better than making a sub-par album or two and THEN retiring.

No, pretty sure he meant that RRHOF was the high note. And there's no way they're coming in with a sub-par album after CA. Who are you, rushgoober??

• Like 2

I guess some of you guys missed the music articles where they said they were asked many times to do SNL and other shows similar. They said they thought those studios made bands sound terrible and they had no interest in doing them (don't ask for a link because I don't have one).

As for retirement, nothing in the last decade has truly hinted that they want to quit. Being 60, being inducted into the RRHoF, having a star on the Walk of Fame, and getting mainstream media attention doesn't seem to be affecting their creative juices or willingness to tour...or haven't you guys noticed? Seriously, wake up. There is absolutely nothing that says they want to stop. And they shouldn't.

• Like 2

I guess some of you guys missed the music articles where they said they were asked many times to do SNL and other shows similar. They said they thought those studios made bands sound terrible and they had no interest in doing them (don't ask for a link because I don't have one).

Yes. I have to agree. I wouldn't want them to. The sound and acoustics, especially in the SNL studio, are awful.

As for retirement, nothing in the last decade has truly hinted that they want to quit. Being 60, being inducted into the RRHoF, having a star on the Walk of Fame, and getting mainstream media attention doesn't seem to be affecting their creative juices or willingness to tour...or haven't you guys noticed? Seriously, wake up. There is absolutely nothing that says they want to stop. And they shouldn't.

I've noticed. In fact, it seems to me that if anything, most of what they say hints very strongly that they want and intend to continue.

• Like 1

Yes. I have to agree. I wouldn't want them to. The sound and acoustics, especially in the SNL studio, are awful.

No. Rush said this before they did Colbert report.. After Colbert, they started feeling more open to doing TV shows..

• Like 1

Translation: "Why would we want to disturb our rich tradition of doing almost anything that would have gotten us more mainstream popularity and acceptance when we would rather have languished in obscurity for decades until popularity finally caught up with us? God forbid we should have had more of the success and respect that we deserved sooner."

:sarcastic:

• Like 1

Colbert should have them on the show again if they'll do it. I personally don't see them on any other show.
  • Like 2

Translation: "Why would we want to disturb our rich tradition of doing almost anything that would have gotten us more mainstream popularity and acceptance when we would rather have languished in obscurity for decades until popularity finally caught up with us? God forbid we should have had more of the success and respect that we deserved sooner."

Obscurity? That has to have been the most widely-known and successful obscurity the world has ever seen! Because, seriously, although Rush may not have gotten the respect they deserved until recently, it has certainly been a very long time since they were obscure.

No. Rush said this before they did Colbert report.. After Colbert, they started feeling more open to doing TV shows..

And how many more times has the band actually performed on a TV show since Colbert?

Obscurity? That has to have been the most widely-known and successful obscurity the world has ever seen! Because, seriously, although Rush may not have gotten the respect they deserved until recently, it has certainly been a very long time since they were obscure.

I completely understand what you're saying, I'm just saying that they could have been so much more popular if they weren't always sabotaging themselves by shunning so many of the publicity avenues open to them for decades. It's ok though, they did it their way. I don't have to personally think they've always made the right decisions.

I completely understand what you're saying, I'm just saying that they could have been so much more popular if they weren't always sabotaging themselves by shunning so many of the publicity avenues open to them for decades. It's ok though, they did it their way. I don't have to personally think they've always made the right decisions.

But they made the right decisions for themselves.. which is what really matters.

But they made the right decisions for themselves.. which is what really matters.

Yes. Not to mention that if they had been more popular there would have been a lot more pressure on them from various corners to make certain kinds of music, or make music a certain way. Even if those were battles they could have won a la 2112, you can't fault them for not wanting to have to fight them. Then throw in the burdens of true fame and mass popularity for three guys who are not in love with having to sacrifice privacy and it becomes completely understandable why they might not have cared to chase the kind of attention that Rushgoober wishes they had.

Of course that's what really matters TO THEM.

To use other examples, I'm sure that Yes deciding to take singers from tribute bands to replace Jon Anderson, or Kiss getting two new guys to dress up as Ace & Peter were the right decisions FOR THEM, but I still think it's complete bullshit. Those are obviously more extreme examples obviously, but the principle still applies.