HoF Acceptance speeches

Snaked

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

I'm Sorry you're disappointed!

:sarcastic:

I'm still driving 13 hours to see them in Portland for the 58th time, so it doesn't make me any less of a fan

Alex could have farted in the mic and you would defend it as sheer brilliance. To each his own.

Alex farting into the mIc? Cool! Do you have a link to that?

:P

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

I'm still driving 13 hours to see them in Portland for the 58th time, so it doesn't make me any less of a fan

Alex could have farted in the mic and you would defend it as sheer brilliance. To each his own.

:laughing guy: already made that joke in another thread, my friend

I showed it to my 12 year old niece, and she was on the floor laughing!

Twelve year olds often laugh at inappropriate behavior. It was just embarrassing and not at all funny.

Humor might not have been Alex's intention. He's gone on record saying he doesn't want to be in the rrhof. It would feel weird saying thanks for the honor when you don't even care.. His speech was a brilliant way of avoiding having to make a speech..

• Like 3

kinda disappointed me.

:laughing guy: already made that joke in another thread, my friend

:LOL: I saw that after after I posted this, I swear I didnt steal it from you!

Edited by Rushman14

He wasn't trying to be funny, he was doing this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CPPju6-hSXc/UTIZTnosppI/AAAAAAAAAj8/o-63kNma6FU/s1600/middle_finger.png

Edited by Alex

Have any of you ever had to accept an award? Were millions of people looking at you and analyzing every word you spoke? Did you receive an award after almost 40 years of backbreaking work in your field?

No, I didn't think so!

Until you are in the same shoes as Alex, SHUT UP.

• Like 1

He wasn't trying to be funny, he was doing this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CPPju6-hSXc/UTIZTnosppI/AAAAAAAAAj8/o-63kNma6FU/s1600/middle_finger.png

Which is funny!! :ebert:

Alex was brilliant, the way he really did explain his personal feelings( c'mon it wasn't that hard to decipher) the story of Rush and the Rock Hall" wait" through the stages of blah blah blah's. ;) Maybe they should of made his narrative with a interpreter and had it closed captioned for the easily offended to follow along....

But you know watching the expression on Geddy's face he looked like he wanted Alex to wrap it up!!

Edited by softfilter

Alex was brilliant, the way he really did explain his personal feelings( c'mon it wasn't that hard to decipher) the story of Rush and the Rock Hall" wait" through the stages of blah blah blah's. ;) Maybe they should of made his narrative with a interpreter and had it closed captioned for the easily offended to follow along....

But you know watching the exp<b></b>ression on Geddy's face he looked like he wanted Alex to wrap it up!!

Really? I remember a smug grin on Geddy's face, I'll have to watch again. I'm pretty sure Neil and Ged knew exactly what he was going to do though!

• Like 1

But you know watching the expression on Geddy's face he looked like he wanted Alex to wrap it up!!

Really? I remember a smug grin on Geddy's face, I'll have to watch again. I'm pretty sure Neil and Ged knew exactly what he was going to do though!

They obviously HAD to know going in what was going to happen. First off, you're accepting a major award in front of thousands of people (and millions on TV) - you at least have a brief conversation about it beforehand. Secondly, Geddy & Neil would have been laughing or reacting more strongly if it came as a complete surprise. Obviously, they knew. And besides, Alex had obviously practiced that. It wasn't just blah blah's, he was telling a whole story.

Agreed ^^

Neil looks mildly amused and Ged certainly has the smug snicker look on his face and says something to Neil that makes him crack a smile.

Obviously rehersed and clearly the other two knew about it. A brilliant, backhanded way of saying thank you to the fans and effe you to Jan Wenner, the RRHOF and Rolling Stone (which btw, Grohl's comment was almost as awesome!)>

They obviously HAD to know going in what was going to happen. First off, you're accepting a major award in front of thousands of people (and millions on TV) - you at least have a brief conversation about it beforehand. Secondly, Geddy & Neil would have been laughing or reacting more strongly if it came as a complete surprise. Obviously, they knew. And besides, Alex had obviously practiced that. It wasn't just blah blah's, he was telling a whole story.

Yeah, I guess they probably did know Alex was going to let loose on a La Villa Strangiato style rant, but perhaps he kept his bandmates in the dark of the content. Either way sure Geddy & Neil were expecting and "now something completely different" from Lerxst.And it's disrespectful for me to think this way, but I still believe at one point in Alex's summary of Rush's journey reaching finally to the rock hall..( btw, my last post on here,YES i stated it was a story not just blah blah blah's) ;) that Ged seemed to want to exit the stage, but sure him and Neil had fun with it never the less...

Have any of you ever had to accept an award? Were millions of people looking at you and analyzing every word you spoke? Did you receive an award after almost 40 years of backbreaking work in your field?

No, I didn't think so!

Glad to see you're tolerant of opposing views. ;)

Twelve year olds often laugh at inappropriate behavior. It was just embarrassing and not at all funny.

Humor might not have been Alex's intention. He's gone on record saying he doesn't want to be in the rrhof. It would feel weird saying thanks for the honor when you don't even care.. His speech was a brilliant way of avoiding having to make a speech..

I just think most people here are cutting Alex a tremendous amount of slack. If anyone else had pulled a stunt like that they would have been the object of endless derision.

:finbar:

Humor might not have been Alex's intention. He's gone on record saying he doesn't want to be in the rrhof.

Exactly. I highly doubt humor was his intention at all. In fact, I'm thinking now that it was a treatise on the geopolitical history of the Middle East, but since all he said is blah no one will know for sure and he could make his highly controversial statements without consequences from the Muslim world. Very clever, Alex, very clever indeed!

I just think most people here are cutting Alex a tremendous amount of slack. If anyone else had pulled a stunt like that they would have been the object of endless derision.

:finbar:

When you consider that the rrhof is a sham (inductees chosen by personal taste) and how they've treated Rush, Alex's speech only seems more fitting. And I'd say that no matter who it was!

No, I didn't think so!

oh brother :eyeroll:

he actually does say one word other than "blah".. during the part where he remembers to wear his order of Canada medal, he says "oh!" lol

..and another part I thought was hilarious that I haven't heard mentioned on here yet is when he mimics Geddy with a few very high pitched "blahs".. haha too funny!