PETAdiots harass boy over fundraiser

laughedatbytime

When 14-year-old Logan Ward came up with the idea to raffle off a cow in order to raise money to go with a non-profit group on a trip to Europe, he never expected it would mean he’d be receiving antagonizing emails from PETA. But that’s exactly what happened. The animal rights group not only sent Logan nasty messages, but also photos like the one shown here, depicting women wearing lettuce as underwear.

The original email, from PETA’s Whitney Calk, read in part:

“It just seems a little strange to me that you feel that someone needs to die for you to go on your school trip… I feel like we can both surely agree that there are several other humane ways to fund raise these days that don’t involve a dead, chopped up corpse.”

Logan and his dad, Scott, appeared on Fox and Friends this morning to speak out on the experience. Scott, who has six children, says he didn’t have the money to fully fund Logan’s wish to go on the European trip. Hence, they decided to auction what they could – a cow.

“We thought it was a very unique fund raising idea,” he said, adding, “When he received the email [from PETA], we were absolutely incensed. Ward called the email, and more specifically the photos within, “wildly inappropriate for a 14-year-old boy.”

PETA recanted the comments made in the original email, with a representative named Jane Dollinger responding to Logan, saying:

“Mea culpa. We sent the wrong letter – this was a situation of someone moving a bit too fast.”

But Ward isn’t buying the notion that the organization accidentally sent the letter.

“It’s not a form letter. It was very obvious that it was hand-typed and sent to my son directly.”

As for how PETA even came to the conclusion that killing the cow would be the intent of the person who won the raffle? Scott calls it blind assumption.

“They’re making an assumption [that someone is going to kill the cow to eat it] … and that was never the intent from the beginning. From the very beginning of the fundraiser, we said that whoever wins the cow has the choice as far as what they want to do with it.”

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/26/peta-sends-teen-antagonizing-emails-scandalous-photos-for-auctioning-cow/

I remember some years ago PETA wanted to prove that fish felt pain... So they got some fish and injected them with bee venom...

There was a website called "PETAkillsanimals.com" or something.

I remember seeing some firefighters with a hook and ladder extricating some peta members from a rooftop one time and the one girl the firefighter was carrying was wearing leather running shoes and commented to the reporter. "can you believe this?" "They don't even know wthey are protesting about". :eyeroll: Edited by Tom Sawyer

"It just seems a little strange to me that you feel that someone needs to die for you to go on your school trip"

SOMEONE??? Seriously??

My thoughts exactly! :goodone:

That's terrible, that's exactly what he deserves for slaughtering a baby giant panda on camera and then making money off the ad revenue of shocked viewers.

oh wait, what? a cow? auctioned?

Dammit PETA... If only you were more sensible about animal rights in focusing on actual issues. Cow rights > Human rights?

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Aren't these the same people who used to throw paint on fur coats? Even if you agree with their goals, it's difficult to support them when they engage in looney tactics.

This is a tricky issue actually... Movements usually come to this... In cases it may be called for or necessary, actions speak louder than words... You never read a headline about someone being down to earth.

I remember some years ago PETA wanted to prove that fish felt pain... So they got some fish and injected them with bee venom...

There was a website called "PETAkillsanimals.com" or something.

Oh my God! I think I remember reading about fish being hurt like that..!

Aren't these the same people who used to throw paint on fur coats? Even if you agree with their goals, it's difficult to support them when they engage in looney tactics.

This is a tricky issue actually... Movements usually come to this... In cases it may be called for or necessary, actions speak louder than words... You never read a headline about someone being down to earth.

I'm not opposed to activist groups engaging in sketchy behavior to draw attention to their causes, but PETA have misplaced priorities, their tactics are often ludicrous, and they seem to have far too much time on their hands!

"It just seems a little strange to me that you feel that someone needs to die for you to go on your school trip"

SOMEONE??? Seriously??

My thoughts exactly! :goodone:

Specie-ists!
  • Like 1

I'm not opposed to activist groups engaging in sketchy behavior to draw attention to their causes, but PETA have misplaced priorities, their tactics are often ludicrous, and they seem to have far too much time on their hands!

Kind of like FEMEN.

• Like 1

Kind of like FEMEN.

:LOL:

I'm 90% certain PETA are just attention whores, not much else. Remember when they rallied against Nintendo for one of Mario's powerups?

No, but thanks to this post I looked it up. funny stuff

I'm 90% certain PETA are just attention whores, not much else. Remember when they rallied against Nintendo for one of Mario's powerups?

No, but thanks to this post I looked it up. funny stuff

I just looked it up too... :facepalm: