I can't stand the WAITING >.<

hobo73

I'm going to my 1st Rush show this summer and I am so ridiculously excited.

Does anyone else here get really anxious waiting for concert night? Could be because I've never seen them live and I can't believe I'm FINALLY going to!!

I think I'll just sorta be in awe the whole time lol

July better hurry it's a** up lol

• Like 1

** my husband keeps saying I'm only excited to see Geddy's butt in tight leather pants. He told me while we were watching A Show of Hands dvd last night. lmao
  • Like 3

Does anyone else here get really anxious waiting for concert night? Could be because I've never seen them live and I can't believe I'm FINALLY going to!!

Hey Hobo,

The wait is always a killer!! The Milwaukee show will blow your mind!! I've seen them twice so far this tour with 3 more upcoming shows plus Induction.

You can do it. It goes in waves for me. I get very excited and listen to a lot of Rush when I buy the tickets. Then after a week or so, it dies down, and then when the ticket arrives - it's full force again...

I love seeing them at Summerfest. I love the sound in that amphitheater and especially during Summerfest. Only thing better is when they play during Festa Italiana... better food, less crowds on the grounds.

While I agree that Geddy's backside is a wonderful part of the show... He no longer wears leather pants or jumpsuits so tell your husband that's not the reason why! ;p

I am so giddy that I get to see them again this summer, it is definitely going to be the highlight of any summer shows I go to or probably anything else I do this year vacation wise.

Last time we went to go see them I needed like two hours to get ready because I was like little kid going to Disneyland for the first time excited and wanted to make sure I had enough time to keep my hand steady while I tried to put my eyeliner on.

I think yeah, it's normal.

Also on Facebook I am friends with a bunch of other Rush girls and we all talk about getting into better shape for Rush season. You'd think, considering that Geddy has 30 years on me, that I'd be able to keep up with him but nooooo. I was so utterly exhausted after all of the dancing and singing along that I was doing.

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

No. No excitement here at all.

You must not be going then. :P

• Like 1

First show second show twentieth show, the wait is always just as bad.

I have to agree. It doesn't get any easier, specially now towards the end of their career. Every Show is special and I do rone am glad that you get to at least see them once before they call it quits! Hopefully two or three more times but one never knows now. Enjoy the show! Take it all in and Live in the Limelight! Hopefully they'll play it this time around. See this is the reason songs like Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, 2112, YYZ, Subdivsions and Limelight should always apear in the setlist. For First Timers like: Hobo73!

Enjoy your 1st :rush: show !

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by losingit2k

lmao LOVE that bigfoot sig hahaha ;)

gangsterfurious, I'll be just like you! Needing hours to get ready because, most of the time, I'll be dancing around in absolute glee hahahaha

idk how Geddy does it- dancing and moving like that for the whole show! I'd be exhausted lmao. and I'll be sure to tell my hubby there shall be no leather pants-wearing ;)

I'm going to be a wreck the night before, bouncing around and being all giddy lol

...my hubby's gonna hate me that night >.<

• Like 1

I have to agree. It doesn't get any easier, specially now towards the end of their career. Every Show is special and I do rone am glad that you get to at least see them once before they call it quits! Hopefully two or three more times but one never knows now. Enjoy the show! Take it all in and Live in the Limelight! Hopefully they'll play it this time around. See this is the reason songs like Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, 2112, YYZ, Subdivsions and Limelight should always apear in the setlist. For First Timers like: Hobo73!

I have such a huge smile on my face hehe. thank you! <3

Even if it's my only time, it's a HUGE concert I'll be able to cross off my bucket list. They are all masters of their instruments, and it'll be a privilege to see them at work live.

I'm going to J-A-M.

• Like 1

I have such a huge smile on my face hehe. thank you! <3

Even if it's my only time, it's a HUGE concert I'll be able to cross off my bucket list. They are all masters of their instruments, and it'll be a privilege to see them at work live.

I'm going to J-A-M.

You will be more than delighted. :rush: always delivers!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Have fun! I've been going to rush shows since '81 and I think I only missed a couple of tours since. I'll be hitting my 20th show this spring. I still get really psyched for Rush and a bunch of other bands, and even at 45 I will try to get right up front for a general admission show with a mosh pit (most recently Soundgarden two nights in a row). It's still tough waiting for these very big tours that sell tickets months in advance. Waiting was even more excruciating between last April and October when I had absolutely no idea where my seats would be in the first 15 rows for the Rush show in Newark. Now I know at least what row and section I'm in for the 3 shows this coming tour, but I still don't know what seat numbers for AC or Hershey. A little uncertainty in the mix makes it that much more nerve wracking.

I went to see my first show in November. Yet college killed all my excitement. The two weeks leading to the show, I had several papers I had to hand in. I even had class up until a few hours before the show. It wasn't until I took the subway downtown and stood outside the First Niagara Center that I got excited. But even then the excitement was weak compared to other shows I've been to. I guess I was calm since I waited a good 6 months for the show and wasn't left alone all day to get hyped up for it. But regardless to the irrelevance of my excitement, it was the best show I've ever been to. And it was also from the worst seat I've ever had. You get your money's worth no matter how much you pay. I hope to travel to Vancouver to see another show with RushYesZeppelin in August to see my second show. For that I'm very excited.

Hobo, prepare to have your mind blown. I`ve been seeing the since 1976 and EVERY time it`s simply amazing.

Have FUN!!!

agghhhhhhhh! You're all adding to it now :dweez:

I have bleacher seats but it absolutely does not matter. My husband refuses to be right in front of the stage anyway because he doesn't want to miss the videos lol

he's also at least hinted that he'd like to get shirts at the show..=D

side note- this is actually what we are considering our honeymoon (of sorts lol). in November we had our 1 yr. wedding anniversary and never had a chance to really celebrate. right before the show is my birthday and our 5 year anny. so we're celebrating the best way we know how! ;)

agghhhhhhhh! You're all adding to it now :dweez:

I have bleacher seats but it absolutely does not matter. My husband refuses to be right in front of the stage anyway because he doesn't want to miss the videos lol

he's also at least hinted that he'd like to get shirts at the show..=D

side note- this is actually what we are considering our honeymoon (of sorts lol). in November we had our 1 yr. wedding anniversary and never had a chance to really celebrate. right before the show is my birthday and our 5 year anny. so we're celebrating the best way we know how! ;)

How are you going to miss the videos?? I have seen Rush at least 5 times in Marcus Amphitheater and you can see the videos from anywhere. They have side screens and show it on the back screen.

Anticipation You wait so long..then the concert is over before you realize you found your seat. Did i even sit down ? haha NO :sundog: :eyeroll:

I sit down before the show starts, must conserve energy.

• Like 1