RUSHHEAD666 SUICIDE WATCH 2013! NO CALIFORNIA DATES! NO RED ROCKS!

RUSHHEAD666

A whole bunch of us were at that show. It was awesome. My wife and I were second row center.

We spent most of our off time at Brew Brothers.

:cheers:

That's awesome!!!! Wendy and I were fourth row center!! We were right behind you guys! Small world.

Wish we could have gone to Brew Brothers. Never been there!

:cheers:

Maybe there were scheduling problems with Red Rocks :huh:

That's what I thought! As a matter of fact I bet the boys were pissed off on their last time there at Red Rocks!

Rain and a power outage!! It totally sucked!

Now they will be indoors and nothing will go wrong.

Signed,

Superbowl XLVII

LOL!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm still bummed about the Cali Snub, heck I would have settled for Nevada. Since I'm not shopping for tickets I won't complain but must comment on how short the pre-sale notice was for the added dates. I just get the feeling that this leg of the tour planning wise is just one big Cluster-Fudge.

I'm still bummed about the Cali Snub, heck I would have settled for Nevada. Since I'm not shopping for tickets I won't complain but must comment on how short the pre-sale notice was for the added dates. I just get the feeling that this leg of the tour planning wise is just one big Cluster-Fudge.

Same here. I am still in disbelief. So hard to wrap my head around.

How do you skip over one of the largest states? lol

I'm hoping they get enough folks from Cailf bugging them that they add 2-3 shows after KC.

I even emailed sro-anthem@sro-anthem.com and made a formal request.

I was very respectful but requested they reconsider skipping Cailfornia.

Ahh...ya never know. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, if this is the final list then I won't be seeing Rush this summer. Maybe I'm too greedy having seen them twice this tour already. :eyeroll:

Damn my friend! Three times in November wasn't enough for me!

The last two times Wendy and I travelled to Red Rocks for Rush the Rockies were out of town.

Well I just checked and Rush is at the Pepsi Center on August 2. The Rockies play three at home against the Dodgers! I'm going to book it!

I love going to a baseball game in some other state while traveling for Rush!

My best was going to Toronto for an R30 gig and seeing a Blue Jays Red Sox game the night after!

Do the Avalanche play at the Pepsi Center?

Denver?

Well I've been meaning to take a trip up through Oregon to see a few relatives so I could see them in Portland. I'm not sure yet though money might be a little funny to pull it off.

I might have to join you for the Portland gig.

Both of my daughters are playing in huge soccer tournaments that weekend. UGH! Might have to go solo!

Don't waste your $$$ Earl. The sound at the Pepsi center sucks. I cannot believe they chose it over Red Rocks!!!

UGH!!! I hear ya Cindy!! We Californians are spoiled!! I can't remember the last time Rush skipped California!!!

Thanks for the warning about the shitty sound. I can't believe they aren't doing Red Rocks either. Damn.

I still might book the trip with the wife. We would stay in Denver for three nights. Catching Rush and two Rockies games would be worth it.

I also want to back to Boulder. Perhaps take a drive up to Estee Park.

Isn't there a hotel up there where Stephen King wrote "The Shining?"

Yeah, the Stanley Lake Hotel is up there. They are VERY pricey but ask for the room Jim Carrey had when he stayed there, 217 I believe. The place is supposedly haunted,( I have a pic of a "ghost") sitting on the stairs. Carrey's room was so haunted he spent a few hours in it and took off and never told them what he saw. It's the room most asked for. They have ghost tours you can take. Also the town is really cool to walk around in and then you can go in to Rocky Mountain National Park right up the road from the Stanley.

Same here. I am still in disbelief. So hard to wrap my head around.

How do you skip over one of the largest states? lol

I'm hoping they get enough folks from Cailf bugging them that they add 2-3 shows after KC.

I even emailed sro-anthem@sro-anthem.com and made a formal request.

I was very respectful but requested they reconsider skipping Cailfornia.

Ahh...ya never know. :)

As Denver looks more and more unlikely, I'm slowly coming to the realization that I will miss this leg. I haven't missed a Rush tour in a very long time (not as long as others here, but over 20 years).

Depression is sinking in....

Yeah, if this is the final list then I won't be seeing Rush this summer. Maybe I'm too greedy having seen them twice this tour already. :eyeroll:

The last two times Wendy and I travelled to Red Rocks for Rush the Rockies were out of town.

Well I just checked and Rush is at the Pepsi Center on August 2. The Rockies play three at home against the Dodgers! I'm going to book it!

My best was going to Toronto for an R30 gig and seeing a Blue Jays Red Sox game the night after!

Denver?

Hmmm. May have to go see the Dodgers in Colorado.

My buddy Pat and I went to Coors Field when Rush played Red Rocks the for S&A. There's a cool amusement park in Denver too that we ended up at before the show.

Rush used to blow off Northern California a lot thanks to Bill Graham! Perhaps the ghost of Bill is haunting Geddy in his sleep!!!

"GEDDY YOU MUST SUCCUMB TO CATTLE STANDING GENERAL ADMISSION!! NO FLOOR SEATS YOU CANUCK WITCH!"

Yeah but it was for Signals and HYF. No big deal for HYF.

We'll live.

I can't believe this reality.

I was planning on hitting four shows this summer to get to 60.

Now I have nothingness.

Perhaps Colorado August 2.

I'm totally bummed out!

Life goes on.....................................

Get a grip, Earl.

Misery enjoys company and you have plenty of it. How would you like to be me stuck in the middle of the wretched Pacific Northwest after spending the majority of my life in the ever so hip, where the action is, New York City metropolitan area?

No one worthwhile ever comes out here. Oh, pardon me, lest I forget, Stevie Nicks will be here in June.

But other than my gal Stevie, tell me, has Rush ever ever ever come to my neck of the woods (and I am not talking about the Gorge which is too far for me to get to)? I bet the answer is no, right? I can't be the only fan they have here who simply doesn't have the money to travel to see them elsewhere.

I feel all of ya. And, yes, us Californians are spoiled, but still...kind of goes with the territory If you live in a MAJOR U.S. City it's a given that Rush and any major act will hit it. I agree it is really bazaar to skip California all together. They have done 2nd legs a lot throughout the years and don't revisit every city, but hit the cash cows and obvious ones. California gives the boys 5-6 shows that will damn near sell out.

I read this as Rush being a bit burned out on the tour....they want to do as many dates as they can to make it worth the while of bringing everyone out again including the orchestra but not do too many shows. The only reason they added and U.S. shows at all was because Europe only with all the gear wouldn't have made much money.

So I am currently in strategic mode. The family and I have spoken about a vacation this Summer and I'm trying to figure out how to go somewhere cool and incorporate Rush. I am thinking New York in late June will be lovely to visit this time of the year.

If this were Snakes and Arrows tour I might skip but I think CA is the best album they've ever done and want to see the show again....and add the fact that you never know if and when they will tour again and I gotta make something happen

Denver?

Well I've been meaning to take a trip up through Oregon to see a few relatives so I could see them in Portland. I'm not sure yet though money might be a little funny to pull it off.

I might have to join you for the Portland gig.

Both of my daughters are playing in huge soccer tournaments that weekend. UGH! Might have to go solo!

Don't waste your $$$ Earl. The sound at the Pepsi center sucks. I cannot believe they chose it over Red Rocks!!!

UGH!!! I hear ya Cindy!! We Californians are spoiled!! I can't remember the last time Rush skipped California!!!

Thanks for the warning about the shitty sound. I can't believe they aren't doing Red Rocks either. Damn.

I still might book the trip with the wife. We would stay in Denver for three nights. Catching Rush and two Rockies games would be worth it.

I also want to back to Boulder. Perhaps take a drive up to Estee Park.

Isn't there a hotel up there where Stephen King wrote "The Shining?"

Yeah, the Stanley Lake Hotel is up there. They are VERY pricey but ask for the room Jim Carrey had when he stayed there, 217 I believe. The place is supposedly haunted,( I have a pic of a "ghost") sitting on the stairs. Carrey's room was so haunted he spent a few hours in it and took off and never told them what he saw. It's the room most asked for. They have ghost tours you can take. Also the town is really cool to walk around in and then you can go in to Rocky Mountain National Park right up the road from the Stanley.

That's awesome Cindy! I would love to stay in room 217! I'm used to pricey rooms. My favorite hotel in the world is The Hotel Del Coronado down by San Diego.

There is a lot of ghost activity there as well. Wendy and I stayed in the most haunted room on the property. It's Kate Morgan's room. Room 3227. Sadly we spent two nights in the room and nothing happened.

I just asked Wendy if I should book a room at the Stanley and she said HELL NO!

Rush used to blow off Northern California a lot thanks to Bill Graham! Perhaps the ghost of Bill is haunting Geddy in his sleep!!!

"GEDDY YOU MUST SUCCUMB TO CATTLE STANDING GENERAL ADMISSION!! NO FLOOR SEATS YOU CANUCK WITCH!"

Yeah but it was for Signals and HYF. No big deal for HYF.

We'll live.

Yes! I was dying to go to the "Signals" Tour. FAIL!

I would have gone to the "Hold Your Fire" dude but I know it's not one of your favorite Rush records!

I can't believe this reality.

I was planning on hitting four shows this summer to get to 60.

Now I have nothingness.

Perhaps Colorado August 2.

I'm totally bummed out!

Life goes on.....................................

Get a grip, Earl.

Misery enjoys company and you have plenty of it. How would you like to be me stuck in the middle of the wretched Pacific Northwest after spending the majority of my life in the ever so hip, where the action is, New York City metropolitan area?

No one worthwhile ever comes out here. Oh, pardon me, lest I forget, Stevie Nicks will be here in June.

But other than my gal Stevie, tell me, has Rush ever ever ever come to my neck of the woods (and I am not talking about the Gorge which is too far for me to get to)? I bet the answer is no, right? I can't be the only fan they have here who simply doesn't have the money to travel to see them elsewhere.

I know!! Thanks for the slap in the face! I have been very spoiled. I guess I just took it for granted that the boys would be back out here in the Bay Area this summer.

I will live!! It will really bum me out though if they change up the set list and play a few songs they haven't played in decades!

All this means is that they'll proably start their R40 Tour in California!

Yep, that's my guess...I was surprised that CA didn't get a repeat visit this time out, but the boys need their rest.....

Earl should be throughly pleased next year!!

:ebert: :)

Let me know if you are coming Earl, I'm looking for a meet-up place now. The Pepsi Center itself has several restaurants inside so there would be no need to get in a car and drive to the venue for those who are drinking, that's a good thing.

Let me know if you are coming Earl, I'm looking for a meet-up place now. The Pepsi Center itself has several restaurants inside so there would be no need to get in a car and drive to the venue for those who are drinking, that's a good thing.

I will let you know Cindy! I might be traveling solo as Wendy might have to stay behind for our girls soccer stuff!

I'm going to book the Ritz and see two Rockies games with or without her!

Earl

I will let you know Cindy! I might be traveling solo as Wendy might have to stay behind for our girls soccer stuff!

Earl

Just asking, what rockies game would you be going to, the Rockies, accordiing to their web page schedule are @ATL, @PIT and @NYM during the days before the Denver RUSH show and after, the rockies are on the road out of town when Rush is at the pepsi center....

Its my first ever trip to denver and I was hoping for a Rockies home game to go to so really wondering what Rockies game you are referring to...

Earl

Just asking, what rockies game would you be going to, the Rockies, accordiing to their web page schedule are @ATL, @PIT and @NYM during the days before the Denver RUSH show and after, the rockies are on the road out of town when Rush is at the pepsi center....

Its my first ever trip to denver and I was hoping for a Rockies home game to go to so really wondering what Rockies game you are referring to...

I totally apologize! I was accidentally looking at the month of July! Damn! You are right!!!! The Rockies are out of town when Rush plays at the Pepsi Center.

I am totally cursed. Every time I see Rush in Colorado during the summer the Rockies are out of town!! I'm hitting .000

0-3

My good friend on this Forum who lives there told me that the sound sucks inside the Pepsi Center.

Since there will be no Rockies games I will not go to Denver.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

You just saved me thousands of dollars.

Cheers!

Earl

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Thanks again for bringing up my lame mental error.

I just looked at the Rush Tour dates and saw that the last gig is in Kansas City.

I've always wanted to go to Kansas City and catch a few ballgames.

Rush plays on Sunday August 4th. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the Twinkies are in town.

I might have to hit that show! I am dying for some KC BBQ too!

The heat will suck but I think it will be worth it!

No problem, I am planning on hitting the last three shows of the tour in Salt Lake City, Denver and KC, and yes the Twins play the Royals in KC the day after the final show of the tour...

As far as the KC heat, at least the Rush show is indoors....