Please Board My Rock And Roll Time Machine And Tell Me Where You Want To Go................

RUSHHEAD666

OMG, so many places, and a lot of re-visits, but three very sepcial ideas:

Frisco in the late 60's-Jefferson Airplane, the Dead, Janis & Big Brother, and Quicksilver Messenger Service with the incomprable John Cippolina.

Back home to Detroit and Cobo Hall, "The House that Rock Built"- "Kiss Alive" "Live Bullet" and the triple header I did attend-Golden Earring, Mountain, and J.Geils Band, who recorded parts of the "Blow Your Face Out" album.

Back to Cali and Ontario Speedway for the California Jam-Sabbath, Deep Purple, ELP et al.

Iron Maiden with Paul on vocals.

f*ckin'-a right!

Other wishes and should'ves...

AC/DC circa Let There Be Rock

The Who circa Who's Next

Floyd, Animals tour

Queen, Jazz tour

Beatles, any tour

Elvis, any tour

April Wine, Nature of the Beast

I wish I could go back to see the original line up of Lynyrd Skynyrd!

I would leave during "Freebird" though.

Just kidding....................................

I saw them, October of '76 in Seattle. I've seen in the neighborhood of 200 concerts and it's still one of the 5 best I've ever seen. Absolutely killer live band. My hands hurt for 2 days afterwards from clapping to the music so hard. And you're right, you wouldn't leave during Free Bird, trust me.

My time machine requests.....The Beatles in Hamburg in the early 60s, The Beatles on the rooftop of Abbey Road studios in '69, Floyd on the WYWH tour and on the Animals tour and on The Wall "tour" (sadly I did not live anywhere near a city they played on any of those tours), The Doors in like '68 with Jim reasonably sober that night, Rush's first gig with Neil opening for Uriah Heep, Rush on the Hemispheres tour, Sabbath on the Vol. 4 tour (same deal, didn't live in the right city), Queen in the late 70s (had the chance and didn't see them....still kicking myself in the ass for not doing so), The Who on the Who's Next tour with Keith still alive, The Allman Bros. with Duane still alive, Led Zeppelin in like '73 (saw them in '77 but Jimmy was....um...."under the weather" by then....he did make it up to me in '98 by killing it when he was touring with Plant but it still wasn't the full Zeppelin), Spirit in the late 60s (original band), Metallica on the Master tour (Cliff!). More to follow..........(maybe).

Edit: Here's 3 more I thought of.....AC/DC with Bon, Cream in like '66 or '67, Traffic in the early 70s.

Edited by driventotheedge

The Grateful Dead for the late Feb/early March Fillmore East 1969 run. The 12/31/78 Winterland show would also be really cool where Bill Graham rode in the giant joint at midnight and then served everyone breakfast as the show ended and the sun was coming up.

The Allman Brothers for the March '71 Fillmore East run

The Band Of Gypsys Fillmore East 12/31/69 -> 1/1/70

Amazing that the first 3 shows that came to mind were all at Fillmore East

Rush - Hemispheres tour or the mythical COS headlining show with tFOL live.

Zeppelin - Presence tour

Floyd - Animals tour

Yes - Close To The Edge Tour (Relayer would be really cool too)

The above are the shows that I would pay just about anything to go see.

Others would include The Who circa '71, The Doors, SRV, Cream, The Stones circa '72.

Three nights in New York City 40 years ago...

...set your controls to 27, 28, and 29 July 1973.

Madison Square Garden to see the mighty Led Zeppelin film "The Song Remains the Same".

Who wants to come along for the ride?

Ya I'm in!! .. As soon as I'm finished in Toronto.. I wanna watch Rush record 'not fade away' ;)

First Boston Tour!

As I recall, they played the entire album twice!

I heard Boston were kinda shitty live.. I'd still go though

A friend of mine used to be the bass player in 'Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers' with Tommy Chong on guitar. They were playing in London in about 65 or 66 and Jimi Hendrix strolls into the club and wanted to jam with the band so Chong goes to hand him his guitar and Jimi says no I wanna play bass.. So my buddy Wes hands him his bass and watched him play it.. It would be so cool to go back and meet Jimi right at the time he was about to explode on the scene!!

First Boston Tour!

Hey were just fine on the Third Stage tour. The music is so great it makes up for the less than dynamic personalities.

First Boston Tour!

Hey were just fine on the Third Stage tour. The music is so great it makes up for the less than dynamic personalities.

I remember hearing that they didnt sound good live and I heard this before third stage even came out but I've never seen them live.. Maybe they weren't all that bad except when compared to their studio stuff which was super clean and crisp..

First Boston Tour!

Holy Shit Goose!

I saw the "Third Stage" show in Oakland!! They were so amazing that a bunch of my buddies and I went to the second night as well!!

Boston sounds amazing live. WTF???????

First Boston Tour!

Holy Shit Goose!

I saw the "Third Stage" show in Oakland!! They were so amazing that a bunch of my buddies and I went to the second night as well!!

Boston sounds amazing live. WTF???????

Scholz's effects-driven solo was great! I saw them in Tacoma, and they sounded pretty good. One of those shows where everyone is singing right along.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.spinner.com/media/2007/08/boston-200-080207.jpg

Brad was incredible. :rose:

First Boston Tour!

Saw them in Seattle before the 2nd album came out so I think '77. They sounded good to my ears.

First Boston Tour!

Saw them in Seattle before the 2nd album came out so I think '77. They sounded good to my ears.

Finally figured out how to work that machine of your, Earl! Only a couple of years off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqK99xTYYAs

First Boston Tour!

Finally figured out how to work that machine of your, Earl! Only a couple of years off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqK99xTYYAs

Hahahaha! Awesome buddy! Great find!!!!

I want to go to Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, Ohio. December 3rd, 1979.

Somehow, I'll stop that mad crush of people that suffocated 11 people and nearly killed ME..... :o :o

Edited by Principled Man

Somehow, I'll stop that mad crush of people that suffocated 11 people and nearly killed ME..... :o :o

Wow, that's scary! Was that the Who concert I heard about? What was the mad rush (no pun intended here) about anyway?? Getting in or out of there?

:huh:

You were there? Damn man, glad you're here to talk about it.