Someone is about to pay nearly $400 for a tshirt.

HalfwayToGone

Someone on eBay is auctioning one of Neil's shot out of an air cannon shirts with the g'nome on the front, and the bid is up to $380. Anyone else puzzled? The signed framed manuscript pages with the signed CA book were only $300. This is just a tshirt. He didn't even actually touch it, just held the cannon it came out of.

Someone on eBay is auctioning one of Neil's shot out of an air cannon shirts with the g'nome on the front, and the bid is up to $380. Anyone else puzzled? The signed framed manuscript pages with the signed CA book were only $300. This is just a tshirt. He didn't even actually touch it, just held the cannon it came out of.

Super rare items always go for mega $$$$!!

Why sell it? They obviously must not be a diehard rush fan being as they're selling one hell of a rarity!

:facepalm:

I disagree, I'm as diehard as they come, got a shirt from alex opening night in manchester, I think I am going to put it on ebay to help pay for future shows, its just sitting in a drawer, doesn't fit, doesn't mean squat to me and if some other rush fan values a t-shirt, well, why not?

Why sell it? They obviously must not be a diehard rush fan being as they're selling one hell of a rarity!

I disagree, I'm as diehard as they come, got a shirt from alex opening night in manchester, I think I am going to put it on ebay to help pay for future shows, its just sitting in a drawer, doesn't fit, doesn't mean squat to me and if some other rush fan values a t-shirt, well, why not?

I see your point, but even if I got one and it didn't fit, I'd probably keep it just for its sentimental value. I saw a guy at my last show wearing the same shirt, and it looked awesome! :yes:

People are interested in different things.

While I have no use for bobbleheads or bar stools (or even a signed manuscript and book -- I have this for the signed lithograph), I'd love to find a Different Stages promo poster one day.

I'd certainly keep one of those shirts if I got one with the correct size. If it was the wrong size I might look into trading for one that fits....

I'll give you $100 for it.

I couldn't find the item on ebay. Do you have a link?

I posted this thread about a half-hour before it ended. I did bid on a few of these giveaway shirts, but when they start going up to $200 and more, I just sit back and let it play out. Here's the link to the ended auction—you can follow the link to the original listing to see all the photos of front and back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170979185592?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by HalfwayToGone

I'm in the same boat. I got a shirt Neil shot into the crowd and while it's a cool thing to have it doesn't mean that much to me. It's a size too small, seriously why the hell would they have him shooting out large size instead of XL? Haven't they seen the guts on a lot of the male fans that come to the shows? :LOL:

I might sell mine to if they're going for that much. It's not doing anything just sitting in my dresser. May as well get something out of it. If the shirt did fit me, I wouldn't be thinking about selling it.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I nabbed a neil shirt from the Bristow, Va show. I might have worn it but it was a size large. I held on to it for a few months before putting it up on eBay. It sold it for $406 to a guy from Toronto. When he paid he said that now he had the whole set. Rush should realize that 'large' doesn't work for the majority of their fanbase. By the way... I used the profits to buy tickets to the Atlantic City show.

Oh yeah, mine was the Neil high school grad picture with the back,

"neil peart gave me this shirt, he says be cool or be cast out."

Edited by djfunkywill
  • Like 1

I actually was watching that shirt just to see the final bid.

I'm crazy enough to have bid on that gnome shirt but it was a medium. F THAT.

You'd think that they'd be shooting L's/XL's from those cannons and the ones that they throw out.

Imagine being my size, 6'3" and getting a T, excited to have it, then realizing it's a M or even a L. LOL

I don't think I would ever sell something I'd been lucky enough to score from a concert, though there was a good point made about using the money to fund future shows. I'd always want to remember the excitement of getting [the shirt], and how lucky and rare it is. For these reasons, I wouldn't try to bid on one of these on e-bay - there would be no personal attachment to it, as I hadn't 'earned' it - does that make sense?

And if ever I did get a shirt, I guess I would have to use my sewing skills and make it smaller, if it's all larges being tossed out, but I've done well with this in the past! But I suppose the predominent Rush crowd is male, so the band can't exactly factor in tossing out little girly shirts. I'd hate to be a big guy getting a li'l baby tee thrown his way! :D

Edited by Mika

I just paid $51 for an R30 t-shirt because it's the only tour I've seen the band on that I didn't have a shirt for save for the Power Windows tour back in '86.

It is the right size (XL) and never been worn. And really in '04 it likely would've been $35 anyway so I paid an extra $15 for the pleasure of completing my 'collection'. Oh, and there are real tour shirts from the PoW tour available now and then on e-bay. Problem is, none of them are ever size XL, I suppose cuz they were pruchased younger guys that were still skinny teenagers LOL. Here's the auction for the R30 shirt I won (and yes, I do plan on wearing it):

http://www.ebay.com/...ME:L:OU:US:3160

Oh, and I saw a tie-dye shirt from the R30 tour a little while ago on Ebay that was one that Ged threw out to the crowd priced at like $300. Can't remember if it was bid on or not though. Too rich for my blood so I just moved on.

Edited by driventotheedge

C'mon guys, they're just throwing out mediums and larges to motivate all the fans out there to loose the beer belly so y'all can fit into your cool new souvenirs. It part of Geddy's plan to help the audience become healthy and fit so they can rock out more effectively instead of standing there complaining about their sore legs. :P Or you can say f*ck it and wear it anyways with yer gut hangin' out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FcHGsDJVE

I don't think I would ever sell something I'd been lucky enough to score from a concert, though there was a good point made about using the money to fund future shows. I'd always want to remember the excitement of getting [the shirt], and how lucky and rare it is. For these reasons, I wouldn't try to bid on one of these on e-bay - there would be no personal attachment to it, as I hadn't 'earned' it - does that make sense?

As much of a rush freak as I am, just because Alex touched a t-shirt for a few seconds and threw it into the crowd still doesn't really do it for me....my shirt is sitting in a drawer unworn, unwashed and until I sell it, it will remain there....

now, if you were going to frame it or do something really interesting with it, i could maybe see that, and I suppose if it fit you, which it doesn't for me, those in the know, would see you wearing it at future concerts, or someone who is a true rush fan might comment on it as you were walking in public somewhere....

As much of a rush freak as I am, just because Alex touched a t-shirt for a few seconds and threw it into the crowd still doesn't really do it for me....my shirt is sitting in a drawer unworn, unwashed and until I sell it, it will remain there....

now, if you were going to frame it or do something really interesting with it, i could maybe see that, and I suppose if it fit you, which it doesn't for me, those in the know, would see you wearing it at future concerts, or someone who is a true rush fan might comment on it as you were walking in public somewhere....

I wouldn't want to frame it. Rush shirts should be worn, and proudly. And not that I do this for this reason, but every time I wear I wear a Rush shirt in public (last did so a few days ago on my birthday) I get someone commenting on it, which is a nice moment of shared enthusiasm. If I were lucky enough to get a rare shirt (and from the concert, and not from e-bay!) I would be wearing it proudly until it disintegrated.

And the honour of getting such a shirt isn't because 'one of the Rush guys touched it!' but because of its significance as a rarity and as a token of an evening that will remembered for years. And it's kind of the situation of the thrill of winning something.

ETA: And I'm not trying to say what you should or should not with your shirt... that's completely up to you! :)

Edited by Mika
  • Like 2

I wouldn't want to frame it. Rush shirts should be worn, and proudly. And not that I do this for this reason, but every time I wear I wear a Rush shirt in public (last did so a few days ago on my birthday) I get someone commenting on it, which is a nice moment of shared enthusiasm. If I were lucky enough to get a rare shirt (and from the concert, and not from e-bay!) I would be wearing it proudly until it disintegrated.

And the honour of getting such a shirt isn't because 'one of the Rush guys touched it!' but because of its significance as a rarity and as a token of an evening that will remembered for years. And it's kind of the situation of the thrill of winning something.

ETA: And I'm not trying to say what you should or should not with your shirt... that's completely up to you! :)

I get what you are saying.....if it fit, it would be different, although the alex shirt is a little scary....

my story of getting the shirt is kinda funny....

i was on alex's side stage in manchester opening night, really close to the stage, but side stage....the shirt comes into my area....the guy next to me (who i don't know) catches it....the show ends and I asked if he could show me the shirt because I was really interested as to what was on it....

he took one look at the wierd face on the front, and says, "you want it." I said absolutely, not even thinking that the shirt might have any monetary value....

of course, it doesn't fit, my wife (a non rush fan) thinks its very wierd, and if it can help pay for a ticket or two to the upcoming spring/summer tour, well, then, so be it....

I am not really a collector, I stopped years ago trying to get my hands on all things rush.....

and btw, i can't tell you how many shirts the past couple of tours have flown either right past me, or i got a finger on one or it hit my hand.....

a few tours back when they first started throwing the shirts out, i actually caught one and the guy next to me (again, didn't know him) was so upset that i snagged it out of the air, that i just gave it to him to be nice.....so i suppose what goes around comes around....

I actually was watching that shirt just to see the final bid.

I'm crazy enough to have bid on that gnome shirt but it was a medium. F THAT.

You'd think that they'd be shooting L's/XL's from those cannons and the ones that they throw out.

Imagine being my size, 6'3" and getting a T, excited to have it, then realizing it's a M or even a L. LOL

Hahaha! Exactly!!! I hate cliches of the common Rush Fan!

I'm 44. 6'1" and weight 180. I am in good shape for a beer drinker! Lol!

XL is perfect for me especially after it shrinks a bit!

L is a bit tight in me even though my woman likes it better!

I will confess I have all three of the other Rush shirts.

My Neil Graduate is L

My Geddy Afro is L

My Alex Psycho is XL

No complaints here!

Hell I won't even wear them anyway! Mint!