Guns N' Roses versus Rush! Please vote!

Analog_Bro

:( We have to do something. They've gone up 2 percentage points between this morning and now, if they keep on going, they'll overtake us.

Crap, those rat bastids

I would have voted :rush: just for GnR beating The Beatles. The Beatles have many good albums. GnR are like The Matrix trilogy. One great album followed by a lesser but decent one and then crap with UYI 2. The legacy is bigger than the quality in their case. Mother F Axl Rose and John Wayne.

I bet those frat boy knuckleheads who voted for GnR are the same idiots who prefer Scarface over The Godfather because The Godfather is "boring." :facepalm:

GnR is slowly gaining and will take the lead in a couple days.

This is exactly what they did against The Stones and The Beatles. Those bands took a huge early lead and then GnR slowly came back and won.

They have a dedicated fan base at mygnrforum.com that is voting every hour, on the hour, all day long. One guy even bragged that he somehow got his work computer linked in that had 60 computers and he is able to use their IP address or however it works, to vote 60 times an hour.

It looks like Rush fans have stopped voting after gaining the huge lead, thinking it was an easy win. But if people don't continue voting several times a day, GnR is going to win.

even gnr's fans admit how great rush are

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196140-ultimate-classic-rock-bowl-2013-poll/page__st__540

quote;

sweetness, on 31 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Rush deserves it. GNR is my favorite band but Rush are superior musicians, not to mention they've been around twice as long and haven't had a tenth of the bullshit issues GNR has had in that time.

Just be happy GNR made it this far in this stupid poll

+1

Every time I have seen Rush I have been taken aback at how great they still are even though they are all nearing their 60's in age. Combine that with nearly 40 years of fantastic music and performces to me this vote is a no brainer

To be honest, WGAF? Is Rush going to be any greater if they win this poll? Will GNR suck any less?

Someone sent me a PM asking me to vote. Did I - no. Because I don't give a shit.

"College Humor has a poll that asks which song is the best song to take a crap to... Tom Sawyer is on the list.... EVERYONE GO VOTE!!!! If Rush wins it will prove just how awesome they are. It'll show all those haters!!" :eyeroll:

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

3:20 ET on Friday... Rush 57.5 % and GNR 42.5 %

Even though this thing means nothing, I'd still love to see my fellow Canadians trash GNR. They are a bunch of hackers. Not really even GNR anymore. How many original guys are even the band now, one?

I would have voted :rush: just for GnR beating The Beatles. The Beatles have many good albums. GnR are like The Matrix trilogy. One great album followed by a lesser but decent one and then crap with UYI 2. The legacy is bigger than the quality in their case. Mother F Axl Rose and John Wayne.

I bet those frat boy knuckleheads who voted for GnR are the same idiots who prefer Scarface over The Godfather because The Godfather is "boring." :facepalm:

I agree on everything except UYI. That album was great. If they just took the best 14 songs and made one album, it would have been the last great rock album before grunge took over. The Garden, Coma, Civil War, You Could BE Mine, 14 years, Breakdown, Locomotive and perhaps their best song ever, Estranged. Even the covers, Live and Let Die and knocking on heavens door were great. The Spaghetti Incident was a joke, as is the band post UYI, but don't hate on their very bright, if brief, flash.

• Like 1

I've heard that "Guns n Roses" (aka the Axl Rose Show) tours have sold so poorly recently that they had to put half price groupons for tickets just to fill the seats. And then if you actually decided to go to a show you will be there watching a bunch of nobodys on stage with a bloated Axl Rose who struts the stage like hes a god, while he's really just farting through the lyrics. There's some vids on youtube taken by audience members of them doing November Rain and Axl can't remember half the lyrics so he just kind of mumbles the verses like some drunk homeless guy at the end of the bar singing to a jukebox. And while I'm ranting about GnR, I've gotta say that its completely unforgivable that they even had the audacity to try and cover McCartney's Live and Let Die. It's not my favorite Macca song, but what they did to it was so horrendous that it makes me violently angry. It's way worse than what Metallica did to Seger... or even worse than what the drunk guy at the bar last night did to Metallica's Seger cover. :rantoff:

Even though this thing means nothing, I'd still love to see my fellow Canadians trash GNR. They are a bunch of hackers. Not really even GNR anymore. How many original guys are even the band now, one?

Exactly, the real "reincarnation" was Velvet Revolver with Scott Weiland filling in for Axl. It ain't real "GnR" without Slash's guitar.

Exactly, the real "reincarnation" was Velvet Revolver with Scott Weiland filling in for Axl. It ain't real "GnR" without Slash's guitar.

Ever listen to Izzys solo stuff? It compares favorably to Slash's and led me to believe that the band missed his rocknroll roots. But I'll agree that the band ain't the band without most of the fricken band.

Ever listen to Izzys solo stuff?

No but I bet its way more interesting than what Slash has done.

Edited by Steevo