Rush Album I Found at a Record Store

vols1118

Accidentally posted this in the wrong forum but wanted to post it here. I saw this at a local record store and didn't know what album it was. Looks like Power Windows era. Anyone know what album this is?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/vols1118/IMG_0430_zpse21947c4.jpg

some kinda bootleg?? that's all I got :smoke:

Nothing I've ever seen before... I'm amazed at the amount of bootlegs and illegal albums out there.

You should have seen it about 10-15 years back before "trading" got HUGE! (and people really just bought boots!) We had a record store close by that had boots by almost every band you could think of on CD, Vinyl and Cassette (I also think I remember a few Grateful Dead on reel to reel)

When the serious trading got started, and people really started to trash BUYING boots, in fact, in some cases, several people would pool their money, buy ONE copy, then distribute it so that the "publisher" didn't make anything on future releases! (there was a faction that would go on E-Bay and email people bidding on boots, and say, I'll make you a copy, don't pay for it!) I used to put "mad money" away just to go buy "silvers"! (at $30. a pop for a single CD)

Times have changed!!!

Guys,

Per my response in the other thread about this vinyl. It's a recording of the QuebecCity show....3/3/86.

For $25, I would snag a copy. Nice collectors item, and you could likely easily get $40 down the road...

Peace,

Ron

It is a bootleg, but please don't buy it. The whole bootleg trading in sharing community is just about that: trading and sharing. To quote someone from another forum:

"Let me make an example, at a local cd store I go to they are selling a boot from Brazil for $18. If someone buys the dvd part of that money belongs to the band. Since it is unofficial the band don't get anything and therefore losing money."

I own that 2 record set. Got it over 20 years ago. It's pretty good quality. But, I wouldn't buy it now. The paying for boots days are long over. I got the Rush Through Time LP at the same time from a record store that had tons of boots and imports.

Guys,

Per my response in the other thread about this vinyl. It's a recording of the QuebecCity show....3/3/86.

For $25, I would snag a copy. Nice collectors item, and you could likely easily get $40 down the road...

Peace,

Ron

I paid $25 for this about 25 years ago.

I was always under the impression that this was from 3/25/86 Minneapolis (I recall my reason at the time was Geddy mentioned it during In The Mood, though it's been quite a while since I've spun it as there are a few shows from that tour that grab my attention more)

Looking Through A Window In Quebec (Blue cover with Alex photo on the front is the Quebec show from what I remember)

One thing I don't like about this particular record is that there are breaks between the songs disrupting the flow of the concert. It's the only bootleg concert on vinyl I have that does this. It also makes it kind of hard to identifiy exactly where it's from. Probably should go back and try to verify that.