NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Bolland to Toronto for picks :o

:(

I don't hate it...not wild about "buying high" on a guy who just scored a Cup-winning goal, but three later-round picks (i.e. magic beans) and no roster players isn't a bad price. Bolland didn't have a great season overall but as a third/fourth line C the Leafs could do much worse.

Also, it almost certainly means that either they are either going to let Tyler Bozak walk or get rid of Mikhail Grabovski. If it's the former, cool. If it's the latter...I don't want to think about it.

we rule man

Saw the Bolland trade coming from a mile away. Frolik, not so much. I think it's a good and necessary deal (bringing back Bickell and aiming to re-sign Kruger and Leddy), but man, I'm gonna miss him on the PK. Not to mention those penalty shot goals against VAN and DET are some of my favorite Hawks memories ever.

NHL.com put together a nice little video about the Cup's visit to the Rush show in Chicago.

http://video.nhl.com...bed-share-video

Yeah, 1 minute and 10 seconds. :eyeroll: I bet it would've been longer had the Bruins won. Or the Penguins. :P

Rush with the Cup...

1005613_10151430810002062_812887902_n.jpg

I'm surprised that it was Carbomb that got the night out with the cup. :eh:

It was neat how they did it. Late in the second set, Geddy announces that Lord Stanley is here. Two guys dressed up like the trolls from the intermission video came out with a big black crate. They opened it and pulled out a 1 foot tall replica of the cup. And while the crowd is still growning, Carcillo walks out with the cup. It was pure mayhem when the real cup got on stage! :haz:

• Like 1

Rush with the Cup...

1005613_10151430810002062_812887902_n.jpg

I'm surprised that it was Carbomb that got the night out with the cup. :eh:

It was neat how they did it. Late in the second set, Geddy announces that Lord Stanley is here. Two guys dressed up like the trolls from the intermission video came out with a big black crate. They opened it and pulled out a 1 foot tall replica of the cup. And while the crowd is still growning, Carcillo walks out with the cup. It was pure mayhem when the real cup got on stage! :haz:

Watching the youtube video of that appearance was exactly what I needed to snap outta the funk after that loss. Leave it to Rush to solve everything again. Good series, heartbreaking end. Wish Geddy would've done the Kaner Shuffle.

Did I hear correctly that Schneider was dealt by Vancouver to NJ? What's the thinking there? Cannata?

Cannata probably starts off with the farm team while either Eddie Lack or Joakim Ericksson backs up Lu. Not a bad situation for the Canucks in net, even with the loss of Schneider.

With his massive contract, Luongo was never going to bring back a top-ten pick in return. They dealt the guy with the best trade value, and I can't fault Gillis for that. The only question is, why did it take so damn long?

Did I hear correctly that Schneider was dealt by Vancouver to NJ? What's the thinking there? Cannata?

Cannata probably starts off with the farm team while either Eddie Lack or Joakim Ericksson backs up Lu. Not a bad situation for the Canucks in net, even with the loss of Schneider.

With his massive contract, Luongo was never going to bring back a top-ten pick in return. They dealt the guy with the best trade value, and I can't fault Gillis for that. The only question is, why did it take so damn long?

I suppose. I'm biased of course, but I think Schneider has the ability to be a special goalie at the NHL level. If I were a Canucks fan, I'd be a bit skittish about trading one of those away.

Canucks got a pick for a guy that was, thought by many, going to back stop the net in Vancouver for years to come. And now, the team is stuck with less cap space. Not that I'm complaining. :cool:

I suppose. I'm biased of course, but I think Schneider has the ability to be a special goalie at the NHL level. If I were a Canucks fan, I'd be a bit skittish about trading one of those away.

All true, but let's not underrate Luongo. As great as Schneider is, the Canucks don't "need" him. It's not entirely unlike the Kessel trade, really. Sure, he could end up being a fantastic player for another team, but this team can afford to give him up and use the return to add prospects at other positions.

All true, but let's not underrate Luongo. As great as Schneider is, the Canucks don't "need" him. It's not entirely unlike the Kessel trade, really. Sure, he could end up being a fantastic player for another team, but this team can afford to give him up and use the return to add prospects at other positions.

I'm not sure Kessel would have thrived in Boston, or at least like he has in Toronto. And, predictably, I rate Schneider higher than I do Luongo.

I didn't realize you guys had such a backlog in goal. I love Cannata. I hope he gets a chance somewhere down the road, either in Vancouver or elsewhere.

I read on twitter today that the Stars are in the mix for Lecavalier.. That'd be an interesting addition. Though the Stars have gotten really young, Nill seems to want to add some older dudes, but not putting all of his eggs in the basket of names like Jagr and Whitney.. That's what it felt like last year.

I read on twitter today that the Stars are in the mix for Lecavalier.. That'd be an interesting addition. Though the Stars have gotten really young, Nill seems to want to add some older dudes, but not putting all of his eggs in the basket of names like Jagr and Whitney.. That's what it felt like last year.

I have a feeling that someone is going to overpay dearly for Lecavalier. His numbers have been on decline for five years now. He isn't the 40-50 goal scorer he was during his prime.

I won't believe it until the papers are signed (Iggy), but there's this rumbling that Dallas is the top contender. Take it for what it's worth, but apparently this guy is reputable in Detroit:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_ken_holland_will_rea.html

"The Red Wings are out of the bidding for Vincent Lecavalier, who is seeking a five-year deal for $5 million per season, which is a longer term and more money than Detroit is willing to offer. Lecavalier's agent told teams he has identified a club he wants to play for. It's believed to be Dallas."

Don't see Vinny going West, but who knows?