NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Hear Limelight tonight at Detroit too. Ducks let them have the game, let them run them over... :facepalm: :smash:

I gotta say, those crowd shots of Maple Leaf Square today were nuts. It's a first-round game and it looked like Vancouver's Georgia Street crowd from the Finals.

That was impressive.

I have to say, entirely too much time was spent around Rask last night. That is not a recipe for success in the long term.

The "Toronto Stronger" clown is an ass. I had a little bout with insomnia last night, and was listening to the overnight sports talk shows (quietly, my wife is not a huge fan). Many people called from Toronto, to the Damon Amendolara show, to proclaim he doesn't speak for Toronto. I'll take the liberty of speaking for Boston, and say we know people from Toronto have more class than that.

Lots of controversy over the Calder nominees. Saad, Gallagher, and Huberdeau. Somehow, the rookie scoring leader (Yakupov) and the rookie playing top pairing minutes on a playoff team (Brodin) got left out. Weird. Not going to help the accusations of East Coast Bias towards the PHWA.

Maybe, and I'll sound biased for sure...but I believe Gallagher definitely deserves to be there.

I've watched virtually every Habs game this year, and he brings more than just scoring and points. He works hard every shift, plays with determination, and ultimately makes the guys around him better (Eller, Galchenyuk, etc.).

I'm not saying he deserves to win it...but he adds a lot to this Habs team, and I'm damn excited about the future.