Only 5 people maximum allowed in the chat? Maybe we should have a shoutbox instead.

fonzbear2000

I tried to enter the chat on here, but it said the limit was reached. I see there are only 5 people in it. Is it possible to increase the amount of members allowed in? Or maybe we could have a shoutbox instead? Some time back, I was on a different forum and on the main index page, there was a shoutbox which is an actual, live chatroom that is embedded in the site that everyone sees as soon as they go onto the site. It looks something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/81vFl.jpg

So, it would be nice to have something like that which all members can access or have the limit of members for the chatroom increased. :)

Most of the time I see nobody in there :huh:

Part of me thinks it isn't worth the money, but then every time there are 5 people in there and I can't get in I say "well damn, I wish it were worth the money :LOL: "

If only increasing the max user limit were a sure-fire method of drawing more regular users like we used to have.

Devil's Advocate here....

Is it really worth your money to increase it to 20? How often do you get more than 5 people on there. I have never seen more than 2 or 3 at a time during the day.

Same here, and to top it off sometimes the members are just away from keyboard.

Part of me thinks it isn't worth the money, but then every time there are 5 people in there and I can't get in I say "well damn, I wish it were worth the money :LOL: "

If only increasing the max user limit were a sure-fire method of drawing more regular users like we used to have.

It's not that expensive, really.

And if someone wants to organize some listening parties, have at it. :)

We'll increase the max allowed in chat to 20 soon. It costs money to make that increase, and the software and hosting upgrades have already cost a nice little chunk of money.

I've seen shoutboxes on other sites, and I'm not sure if we're into having one here.

No, we would rather have forty users open threads on a single subject. ;)

I miss the good old chat room party nights. I haven't had the time lately to go in there as much as before. Life has kinda gotten in the way the last lil while.

Gary won't be able to have listening parties in here much anymore cause his life suddenly got VERY busy too. If someone started chat parties maybe the old crowd or newbies will show up

There is really no need to increase the maximum past five. Everytime I go into chat everyone leaves. :eh: :ph34r: :P ;) :)

That happens to me too........... :( :sigh:

And here I was thinking it just happened to me. I don't feel so bad. :P

There is really no need to increase the maximum past five. Everytime I go into chat everyone leaves. :eh: :ph34r: :P ;) :)

That happens to me too........... :( :sigh:

And here I was thinking it just happened to me. I don't feel so bad. :P

:P

We'll increase the max allowed in chat to 20 soon. It costs money to make that increase, and the software and hosting upgrades have already cost a nice little chunk of money.

I've seen shoutboxes on other sites, and I'm not sure if we're into having one here.

Oh, how convenient.... Disregard post above then.

any updates on this?

The new fancy ads must be making enough at this point :)

Edited by Mr. IsNot