People please show some courtesy at shows!

Apollo

This is to anyone who brings a sign or camera phone to a show. Please show some courtesy with it. My friend and I went to the Seattle show with 11th row tickets this week and were constantly having our sight blocked by idiots holding up signs or holding their camera phones way above their heads. Whenever you do that, you are blocking someone else's view, so don't do it. You can take decent pictures just holding the camera at an even level with your head and Rush probably isn't going to see your sign anyway.
  • Like 1

Oh, but they can't do that. They have to get everything on video now because that's way more important today than actually watching the show and making memories out of it that way. Also, they just have to post those videos on the internet because nobody else came up with that idea at all :eyeroll:

It's the one modern day concert thing that pisses me off to no end but it's not going away anytime soon unfortunately. I'm OK with somebody getting some pictures or a quick video here and there but why people feel the need to record the whole damn thing with their phone up over their head blocking people's view is beyond me. It won't stop until bands or venues make a serious stand against those things. Glenn Danzig doesn't allow phones or any pictures/videos being taken during his shows at all. If venue security even spots somebody with their phone up while he's performing they can get ejected from the venue. It was great seeing him two years ago and not having to deal with that shit and actually have a modern day show where people were actually watching the performance. It was a nice throwback to the old school and I loved it.

The memories you keep in your mind about the show are way more imnportant than any videos or pictures you can take. I guess some people just don't see it that way though.

• Like 1

And a lot more signs. I will be holding one up.

I hold up a sign or license plate for a little bit when I think they can

see it then put it away.

What annoys me is people who hold up there iPhone for the entire show right in my view.

It would be nice if we were all on the same playing field, wouldn't it?

I feel sorry for the person taping the show next to me in NJ - I'm sure there's an awful lot of me on it. Too bad!!!

Stood behind a few female Rush fans in Vegas last year and they would not stop with the damn licence plates. No offence but Rush does not care about your plates or signs for the most part. I didn't say anything because I like the fans that were doing it on the forum but come on. I go to maybe 1 or 2 shows a tour so I would like to see the show plus im 5'5 so I'm height challenged (maybe even mentally) as it is. Best seats I've ever had for Rush as well and it was a great night but have a little courtesy especially if you get to go to 5+ shows a tour.

Neil is on record saying he sees the signs/plates and actually sends his buddy out there with swag so I doubt it will go away. I take a few pics but video on a phone is going to sound like shit so why bother?

It seems that somewhere over the last few years a certain level of tolerance has emerged for people taking pictures and video at rock concerts. Not sure why, but I do recall it wasn't that long ago that if you were seen with any type of recording device they'll throw your ass out of the venue. I think it's mainly because with most portable phones you can record video and pictures. Would or could the venue disallow cell phone at shows? I think they could, by law, if they wanted to. They did with audio recorders, so why not disallow phones? A phone is an audio recorder too.

But, even still, people bravely hold up phones right in front of the talent these days, almost like it's the thing to do. Didn't Axl go nuts in St. Louis over someone taking pictures about a decade ago? I couldn't see that happening now. Phones (with pictures and video) are everwhere.

I wouldn' like someone holding up a sign in front of me all night either. A few times here and there during a show is fine, because after all, we're at a rock concert and people go a bit wild. People having fun is to be expected.. But, all night? No goddam way.

• Like 1

I am going to assume that most of the comments are directed towards "life on the floor." To be honest, at this point in the game, the majority of us know what is to be expected when standing down there. It is not going away, and as one poster indicated, as long as Neil "rewards" interesting verbage with swag, then the motivation for continuance is there. Plain and simple.

The best remedy is to take up positions (inside venues that is) along the sides and a little higher up. Still a great view and chances are that no one will disrupt your experience.

I wonder what the topic of the next whine thread will be.....

I had the same thing happen at The Wall this year at the coliseum. my budy and I are standing in the 15th row and all I can see between myself and Roger waters was a sea of 4.7" LCD screens ! I yelled out as loud as I could ( and if you know me , you know I bring the db's ) You jack asses paid $400 a seat to watch the show on your phone? I assure you the Blu ray will be of much better quality and will have production value that you cant get on any phone !!

I got dozens of laughs and one guy who was apprently possesed , had the spell broken, stopped recording , turned , laughed and gave me a high 5 ...people ae sheep ...and I'm the wolf.

I also had the pleasure of taking in the Roger Water's show. We had seats center arena 5 rows up. Clear and unobstructed view of stage. No yelling at people and the other antics that people pull. The last time I witnessed a fan yelling at another fan for holding up a sign did not turn out too good. I think they still might be trying to remove parts of that sign from the complainer. Always someoene bigger and badder out there...