What the hell are we supposed to do without hockey?!!

Ya_Big_Tree

So the situation is pretty grim folks. It looks like our one hope to have done sort of NHL game this year has been destroyed with the cancellation of The Winter Classic game.

So I'm wanting to know how you all are coping with this bull. I'm pretty pissed off and find myself looking up the NHL schedule to check games then realizing "oh ya those idiots are still locked out"

Fortunately, I'm an all around sports fan so there's always something to watch, like this qualifier who just got to the final of a tennis tournament in Paris. Still, NHL is my top priority therefore I'm very upset.

So the situation is pretty grim folks. It looks like our one hope to have done sort of NHL game this year has been destroyed with the cancellation of The Winter Classic game.

So I'm wanting to know how you all are coping with this bull. I'm pretty pissed off and find myself looking up the NHL schedule to check games then realizing "oh ya those idiots are still locked out"

Now you can live a normal life! ;-)

That was uncalled for.

That was uncalled for. default/wink.png

LOL

Too bad for hockey fans , though all it means to me is... I don't have to sit through all those scores on the ticker. lol

Yeah, I feel the same way about all the college football and basketball scores. The ticker seems useless nowadays since almost everybody has a computer and can find scores a lot faster than looking at the bottom of the screen. Besides, who looks at the ticker while watching a hockey game?

The conversation is flowing again between the NHL and NHL Players’ Association.

A marathon meeting between deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr stretched from Saturday afternoon into the early hours of Sunday morning, and was followed by some encouraging news: The sides expect to return to the bargaining table again soon.

Found in the Canadian Press Newspaper.

The AHL is keeping me alive right now. OKC was in town yesterday, so it was cool to watch RNH, Hall, and Eberle skate. Might be the closest thing to NHL I get this year.

Not to mention AHL leading scorer (from the blueline!) Justin Schultz...man, that team is stacked.

OKC's going to be here this coming weekend. Gotta get out for that.

We aren't losing hockey, we're just losing NHL hockey. Rick N. Backer mentioned that we should have a thread for discussing the non-NHL leagues during the lockout, since a few of us are following them...maybe this thread should be it?

We may be going to Agganis Arena Sunday to see the No. 1 BC Eagles take on the despicable BU Terriers.

We're very fortunate around here that 1, we have quite a few really good college teams that are reasonably close and 2, the arenas they play in (Agganis, Conte Forum, the Whittemore Center) are first rate.

Monsters off to a fast start (7-4) tied for first with the Abbotsford Heat in the always competitive AHL Western Conference North Divison.Hopefully our young goal tending tandem of Sami Aitokallio & Calvin Pickard can keep up the solid play(excluding Pickards collaspe against Rockford last Saturday). Offensively we have alot of young guns scoring goals at a rapid pace and the team has really come together and working smoothly as a unit. Edited by softfilter

We aren't losing hockey, we're just losing NHL hockey. Rick N. Backer mentioned that we should have a thread for discussing the non-NHL leagues during the lockout, since a few of us are following them...maybe this thread should be it?

We may be going to Agganis Arena Sunday to see the No. 1 BC Eagles take on the despicable BU Terriers.

We're very fortunate around here that 1, we have quite a few really good college teams that are reasonably close and 2, the arenas they play in (Agganis, Conte Forum, the Whittemore Center) are first rate.

Kind of jealous. The Vancouver area's only real high-level options are the AHL's Heat (in a nice enough rink, but in the middle of nowhere) and the WHL's Giants (in the venerable Pacific Coliseum). I have mixed feelings about the NCAA, but I'm sure it's very rewarding to follow for fans who live near the hotbeds of college hockey.

Kind of jealous. The Vancouver area's only real high-level options are the AHL's Heat (in a nice enough rink, but in the middle of nowhere) and the WHL's Giants (in the venerable Pacific Coliseum). I have mixed feelings about the NCAA, but I'm sure it's very rewarding to follow for fans who live near the hotbeds of college hockey.

The Providence Bruins are about 30 minutes away in Rhode Island, but it's a bit of pain getting to the Dunkin Donuts Center. Honestly, I prefer Hockey East games. The tickets are dirt cheap. The arenas are nice, and the fans are amped up. And the hockey is great. My son has gotten a tour of the BC locker room from Jimmy Hayes (now with the Blackhawks) and his brother Kevin (also a Chicago "property."). We've seen your players Schneider as well as Cannata play quite a bit of course. Merrimack's home is probably about 45 minutes away, but we've never been there.

Always thought how gruling the travel schedule must be is for the Heat and teams that have to travel there. Odd placement there in the North Divison Western Conference. Seems they would fit more in the Midwest divison .

Always thought how gruling the travel schedule must be is for the Heat and teams that have to travel there. Odd placement there in the North Divison Western Conference. Seems they would fit more in the Midwest divison .

That's always been a problem with hockey in this area. Just way too far from everywhere else. And the Heat also have to worry about their attendance issues at home...turns out being a Flames affiliate in the heart of Canucks country isn't great for business. A rough travel schedule, no home ice advantage, and few high-end NHL prospects (Sven Baertschi notwithstanding)...it's amazing that the Heat are doing as well as they are.

Went to my first college hockey game last January with my brother in law and nephew outdoors Indians Progressive Field downtown Cleveland . Then ranked (briefly lol) #2 Ohio State v.s. Michigan lot of fun except OSU got crushed 4-1. 28,000 were there not bad. Plus I own the puck from the last goal scored in the game. Indian Rep called me if i would be interested. Hell ya cool momento from first college game played outdoors in Ohio.