Chicago Show Almost Sold Out!

Big Fan 2112

QUOTE (Big Fan 2112 @ Sep 14 2012, 03:38 PM)
Was working close to the UC today and stopped by to see if there were any upgrades available. They told me that there were only a handful of tickets left for the 300 level. So Rush will have a heck of a good crowd here in Chitown!

THE SPIRIT OF RADIO

as our reward!!

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 14 2012, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (Big Fan 2112 @ Sep 14 2012, 03:38 PM)
Was working close to the UC today and stopped by to see if there were any upgrades available. They told me that there were only a handful of tickets left for the 300 level. So Rush will have a heck of a good crowd here in Chitown!

THE SPIRIT OF RADIO

as our reward!!

As long as they dont drop 2112! Thats my all time favorite!!

QUOTE (GorillaStrangiato @ Sep 14 2012, 03:48 PM)
nice. i was bored two days ago and tried checking out tickets on ticketmaster and there were still 100 levels available

Looking for a single or a pair?

I looked yesterday for a pair and the only thing was way up in the 300s.

I have 2nd row center 300s (forget the exact section). Chi will likely come close to a sell out because they aren't hitting Milwaukee. All us 'Sconies are heading down.

There are really no bad seats in the UC though. I often debate whether to buy close tickets of some a ways back so I can take in the whole production. Anyone eating at the stadium club before the show? If you make reservations they let you in a couple hours early. Great eats and you can pick thru the T-shirt booth before the masses come in.

I would give one of my testicals to see Rush in Chicago. Actually, I'd give them both since I am old and don't need them any more.

Chicago has always been a big-ass Rush town! That place will be packed with 18,000 Rush maniacs!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Thunder Bay Rush @ Sep 14 2012, 08:36 PM)
I would give one of my testicals to see Rush in Chicago. Actually, I'd give them both since I am old and don't need them any more.

Chicago has always been a big-ass Rush town! That place will be packed with 18,000 Rush maniacs!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same about St. Louis. This will be my second show there and one of the all time great boots came from there (1980). Hope you guys have a blast in Chi Town. 1022.gif

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 14 2012, 09:35 PM)
Any place nearby where my son and I can grab someting to eat and a beer and not get shot or mugged?

There is a place called Wishbone about 10 min away I really like. If your at the UC, go east on madison to ogden, take a left to washington (next block north) then head east on washington. Its down about half a mile. Southern reconstruction food they call it......whatever it is its pretty good and reasonable. Try the shrimp on grits. When you return just go a block south to madison and back west to the UC.

You wont get mugged around there. The west loop is now fully yuppyized!

YES!

Rush and Chicago have always had a great relationship.

One of their best live concerts (Different Stages) was recorded here (Tinley Park but same difference)

Chicago and Milwaulkee both always promise a strong, enthusiastic crowd that are game for a show, and the fact that this is a Saturday... O boy - It's gonna be a hoot.

Will give my full report smile.gif

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 14 2012, 09:35 PM)
Any place nearby where my son and I can grab someting to eat and a beer and not get shot or mugged?

Where are you staying? Find someplace by your hotel.

There are so many places within a few miles radiance that you guys can go to - just do a search, but DONT rely on cabs nearby after the show - even a seasoned Chicagioan like myself has to walk it for a while to get one after a United Center Show.

Drive or get a limo

Also, don't be so spooked by the location. It's nothing compared to other areas of Chicago.

Can't wait! Got my tix back in April and will be there with my buddy, who I saw my other three Rush shows with.

My first Rush gig was a Saturday night in Tinley Park, and if the energy is anything like that...

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 14 2012, 11:02 PM)
Gotta try the pizza in Chicago don't you?

well...

I'm a resident over 25 years, but as a child of New Jersey - I am still and will always be an east coast purist.

Chicago thin crust pizza is cut in squares. Nuff said.

Their deep dish and pan pizza is good, but for me - nothing compares to grabbing a slice of New York Pizza, folding it and letting the grease run down your arm when you take that first bite... Heaven smile.gif

However, there is so much food in Chicago that kicks ass it's too hard to list.

Go to a Portillos, or any beef place or someplace that offers "Vienna" Dogs" and get an Italian Beef with sweet or hot peppers. And there is no better hot dog then a Chicago red with everything.

Hope you guys enjoy our big city.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 14 2012, 11:51 PM)
YES!

Rush and Chicago have always had a great relationship.

One of their best live concerts (Different Stages) was recorded here (Tinley Park but same difference)

Chicago and Milwaulkee both always promise a strong, enthusiastic crowd that are game for a show, and the fact that this is a Saturday... O boy - It's gonna be a hoot.

Will give my full report smile.gif

I was at the show where most of Different Stages was recorded. Drove from Indy.