Ok I'll specify my complaints

treeduck

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 8 2012, 09:52 PM)
IF someone is not a fan of any album post Power Windows....what the f**k are you doing here.

Really? I mean really?
'They have recorded what 8 albums since.

Move on.

The Set List is fanfuckingtastic.

As a 42 year old Rush fan who grew up during the roaring 80's golden age of Rush....this is an amazing setlist.

Couple the first set with the brilliant Clockwork Angels......EPIC tour.

Can't wait for November 3rd. And of course the Blue Ray of this awesome ode to the 80's period of Rush.

CA has so much 80's musings with a few hints of some 70's Rush....it makes perfect sense.

I am thrilled they dropped a ton of staples. The Hold Your Fire Tour was very similar. Lot's of their newer stuff back in that period sprinkled in with a few classics.

Quite frankly ever since the CP tour we have been blessed with unreal setlists.

f**k all the haters. Sell your tickets and stay home. (not pointing the finger at the OP at all btw)

LMFAO.

Some so called Rush fans are real morons. I mean really man.....get over yourselves.

This band at this stage of their career and what they bring night in night out.....f***ing unreal.

I am so sick and tired of seeing whining little bitches.....oh well why did they not play this or that...or this.

They have over 170 freaking songs people.

They have to enjoy what they play night in and night out as well.

They only have room for 25-28 tunes.

Get over it.

Not that I owe the likes of you an explanation, I'll do it anyway just to show what an immature clown you sound like;

1) This is a Rush forum. Rush is my favorite band and they just began a world tour. Wtf do you think I'm doing here??

2) Whether I'm a fan of their last 8 albums or not, is irrelevant to the fact that they are still my favorite live band.

3) Move on to where? I already accept that their best album years are behind them. Doesn't change the fact that I want to see them live.

4) the setlist is fuckingtastic to you. Thats an opinion, not a fact.

5) I'm glad you love the 80's stuff. I do to (just wish they would have kept Marathon). But, as a 51 year old who grew up in the 70's, this setlist is unfanfuckingtastic to me and since this is a thread about one fans disappointment, on a Rush forum, I have the right to voice my opinion which is every bit as valid as your opinion not too mention every other Rush fans opinion.

6) Fck the haters?? People voice disappointment with a setlist and that makes them haters?? You must be a hoot in the political forums, lmao.

I hate to break it to you Skeeter, as far as I can tell, you're the only whining bitch on this forum. Dozens of music fans having civil discussions about their favorite band and you have a problem with those who don't agree with your opinion. You say your 42 but you come off as a 12 year old bully who kicks and screams when he/she doesn't get their way. Sorry you don't like my opinion. I suggest you get over it because I'm not going anywhere.

Yes, some so-called Rush fans really are morons. Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 8 2012, 08:52 PM)
IF someone is not a fan of any album post Power Windows....what the f**k are you doing here.

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

As a 42 year old Rush fan who grew up during the roaring 80's golden age of Rush....this is an amazing setlist.

Can't wait for November 3rd. And of course the Blue Ray of this awesome ode to the 80's period of Rush.

CA has so much 80's musings with a few hints of some 70's Rush....it makes perfect sense.

I am thrilled they dropped a ton of staples. The Hold Your Fire Tour was very similar. Lot's of their newer stuff back in that period sprinkled in with a few classics.

f**k all the haters. Sell your tickets and stay home. (not pointing the finger at the OP at all btw)

LMFAO.

Some so called Rush fans are real morons. I mean really man.....get over yourselves.

This band at this stage of their career and what they bring night in night out.....f***ing unreal.

I am so sick and tired of seeing whining little bitches.....oh well why did they not play this or that...or this.

Get over it.

People's opinions bother you that much eh? wow.....

I've seen these types on every forum and they always turn out to be the loners who have virtually no life at all other than attacking people from the safety of an online forum. He'll be at the concert either alone or with two or three of the dorkiest looking bastards you ever saw, lmao. laugh.gif

QUOTE (traeplien @ Sep 9 2012, 08:16 AM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

I've seen these types on every forum and they always turn out to be the loners who have virtually no life at all other than attacking people from the safety of an online forum. He'll be at the concert either alone or with two or three of the dorkiest looking bastards you ever saw, lmao. laugh.gif

Todem, I understand your point of view but you need to see it from theirs as well. This is a great setlist for those like you and I that grew up with 80's 2.gif . I was turned on to 2.gif during Signals so this almost a dream set list for me. Now that said, Anyone turned on to rush Prior or Post Signals-HYF this setlist really lacks. There basically nothing from the 70's, No Epics, Nothing from Presto, Counterparts or Vapor Trails. Its pretty one-sided. However much I love Power Windows, its pretty Heavy on that side, specially during the 20th anniversary of Signals. I was pretty disappointed they decided not to play Losing It. I really felt this was the tour to showcase that little gem. Regardless, I could have used less Power Windows songs for a bigger encompassing varity of their anthology. Actually Grand Design, Manhattan project and Middletown Dreams (If that actually ever shows up) would had sufficed for me. There are many tunes they haven't played ever or in ages that could have been included in place of Big Money and Territories. Jacobs Ladder, Cut to the Chase, Vapor Trails, Open Secrets and The Weapon just to mention a few. Additionally, the decision to use Working Man again was pretty off. We've heard that during the last few tours. Xanadu, Natural Science or even an instrumedley would had been a better choice. I'm actually hoping we get the "B" set in Tampa (which doesn't look that way) so we can get a wider variety of songs. The Dilema is I want to hear both Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, The Pass and The Body Electric. These are the songs rumored being switched. Anyway, just try to it from their point of view. Not everyone grew up loving the 80's like you and I. Peace and see ya in Tampa!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

About the lack of 70's songs.. I would imagine that like most artists, every album they put out they try to outdo the ones before. So in their minds, every album that came after the 70's has been stronger. Also.. They've been around almost 40 years. I'd imagine they are either tired of the 70's songs from extensive touring way back when or they just want to revisit 80's material. Sure it's not what everyone wants but if they want it.. that's what counts. I'd rather they play what they want then just play what a handful of fans would prefer... if they want it they'll play with more heart.

Also, I'm not surprised 2112 was dropped as I have a feeling it was becoming the Tom Sawyer of the 70's.

Very selfish setlist. I hate when bands play the majority of their latest album. Nobody wants to hear this many songs from CA. To make things worse I've always hated Force Ten and Big Money , and they have been played to death on so many tours since they have been released.

I'm guessing this setlist will basically be identical throughout the whole tour.

Edited by FenderJazz42

QUOTE (traeplien @ Sep 9 2012, 08:11 AM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

Not that I owe the likes of you an explanation, I'll do it anyway just to show what an immature clown you sound like;

1) This is a Rush forum. Rush is my favorite band and they just began a world tour. Wtf do you think I'm doing here??

2) Whether I'm a fan of their last 8 albums or not, is irrelevant to the fact that they are still my favorite live band.

3) Move on to where? I already accept that their best album years are behind them. Doesn't change the fact that I want to see them live.

4) the setlist is fuckingtastic to you. Thats an opinion, not a fact.

5) I'm glad you love the 80's stuff. I do to (just wish they would have kept Marathon). But, as a 51 year old who grew up in the 70's, this setlist is unfanfuckingtastic to me and since this is a thread about one fans disappointment, on a Rush forum, I have the right to voice my opinion which is every bit as valid as your opinion not too mention every other Rush fans opinion.

6) Fck the haters?? People voice disappointment with a setlist and that makes them haters?? You must be a hoot in the political forums, lmao.

I hate to break it to you Skeeter, as far as I can tell, you're the only whining bitch on this forum. Dozens of music fans having civil discussions about their favorite band and you have a problem with those who don't agree with your opinion. You say your 42 but you come off as a 12 year old bully who kicks and screams when he/she doesn't get their way. Sorry you don't like my opinion. I suggest you get over it because I'm not going anywhere.

Yes, some so-called Rush fans really are morons. Couldn't agree more.

Amen, brother!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 10:19 AM)
I've no problem with them doing lots of Clockwork Angels, we knew they were gonna do that and it's a very good album (but I would prefer Seven Cities to Halo Effect and BU2B to Wish Them Well). Or the Power Windows songs...though there's probably too many...

If they're giving some songs a rest why not give Working Man a rest and Tom Sawyer?

If they're doing songs not played for a while off GUP why not Kid Gloves or Afterimage?

Why play Bravado and Where's My Thing again? Why not something like Cut to the Chase and alien Shore?

There's nothing from A Farewell to Kings, nothing much from Permanent Waves, nothing from Hemispheres. In fact there's 1 song from the 70s...

Ok I'm nit picking maybe but this is just not my kind of setlist I suppose, too much from the mid 80s, & the same old 90s tracks and almost zero from the 70s...

trink38.gif

Geddy's voice can't handle the 70's anymore....

QUOTE (FenderJazz42 @ Sep 9 2012, 02:33 PM)
Very selfish setlist. I hate when bands play the majority of their latest album. Nobody wants to hear this many songs from CA. To make things worse I've always hated Force Ten and Big Money , and they have been played to death on so many tours since they have been released.

I'm guessing this setlist will basically be identical throughout the whole tour.

No, they have an A setlist and a B setlist.....B has 2112 on it as well as Middletown Dreams and a few other changes..

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 10:40 AM)

And do they always reach for Bravado? Where's My Thing? Boooring!

"Where's My Thing" hasn't been played since Roll The Bones tour.

QUOTE (tommyali @ Sep 9 2012, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 10:40 AM)

And do they always reach for Bravado? Where's My Thing? Boooring!

"Where's My Thing" hasn't been played since Roll The Bones tour.

trink39.gif

THANK YOU!

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

I just read this post & man it pisses me off!!!

I'm 54 years old and have been a Rush fan since 1974. I have seen every tour since the 2112 tour-yes Massey Hall when ATWAS was recorded. I was supporting this band while you were still shitting your diapers!! Remember, they almost split up after the "Down the Tubes Tour" If we didn't support them when they released 2112, and beyond, they wouldn't be here today. We're the ones who stood in line in the freezing cold over night for concert tickets!! You're saying I should "Move On" Really??

You like the set list and that's great-it's your opinion and you have every right to it. If somebody doesn't like it, that's their opinion and they have their right to it. Why not engage them in an honest debate instead of just calling them a hater and telling them to move on?

You're sick of whiny bitchers? Suck it up buttercup!!

I will agree with you on one thing-"Some Rush fans are real morons"

Back in the old days, you went to a concert without knowing the setlist, you have a choice now, It all depends if they play it tight, load, and pyro and lights to get the show moving along, I would have liked to have them and the string section play all of 2112,that would have been a show.

I saw Iron maiden a few years ago,and they played their entire new album, and 4 old songs, not one of them was number of the beast. Image if rush did that. The same thing with neil young, whole new album and 4 or 5 old songs WTF. And Iron maiden does that each time they tour for a new album, they play 75 to 80% new stuff, from the 2000 onwards, I bet a lot of their fans are not happy about it, and these shows I saw were sold out.

When rush said they would bring a string section along on this tour, people let their imagination get in the way, and one more thing , If going to the show, and don't like the setlist, DRINK heavly and you will like. I didn't like the snakes and arrows tour setlist, but it was a good show, happy I went.

trink36.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 11:11 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

No....music is subjective. I have had many discussions about Rush, all their work etc. I don't think every song is the greatest since sliced bread.

But the setlist whining.....borders on moronic. It's one thing to say....man I wish they had played this song or that song.

But the out and out bashing and ridiculous comments like:

"This set list sucks"

"Glad I did not buy tickets"

"I am selling my tickets"

It's the same shit every tour....it's old.

And quite frankly if thats how someone feels about Rush and the setlist....christ find a new band.

So many little bitches....Rush has some of the greatest fans in the world and then you have this little pack of internet pussies around here and other Rush boards who are utter douche bags.

Beating their chests, and punching their keyboards whining about set lists.

Get a f***ing life.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Sep 9 2012, 08:16 AM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

Todem, I understand your point of view but you need to see it from theirs as well. This is a great setlist for those like you and I that grew up with 80's 2.gif . I was turned on to 2.gif during Signals so this almost a dream set list for me. Now that said, Anyone turned on to rush Prior or Post Signals-HYF this setlist really lacks. There basically nothing from the 70's, No Epics, Nothing from Presto, Counterparts or Vapor Trails. Its pretty one-sided. However much I love Power Windows, its pretty Heavy on that side, specially during the 20th anniversary of Signals. I was pretty disappointed they decided not to play Losing It. I really felt this was the tour to showcase that little gem. Regardless, I could have used less Power Windows songs for a bigger encompassing varity of their anthology. Actually Grand Design, Manhattan project and Middletown Dreams (If that actually ever shows up) would had sufficed for me. There are many tunes they haven't played ever or in ages that could have been included in place of Big Money and Territories. Jacobs Ladder, Cut to the Chase, Vapor Trails, Open Secrets and The Weapon just to mention a few. Additionally, the decision to use Working Man again was pretty off. We've heard that during the last few tours. Xanadu, Natural Science or even an instrumedley would had been a better choice. I'm actually hoping we get the "B" set in Tampa (which doesn't look that way) so we can get a wider variety of songs. The Dilema is I want to hear both Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, The Pass and The Body Electric. These are the songs rumored being switched. Anyway, just try to it from their point of view. Not everyone grew up loving the 80's like you and I. Peace and see ya in Tampa!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yo......those fans....have gotten plenty...plenty over the years.

So this time around Rush aims at Gen X and the world is ending.

Again.....opinions are fine...out and out whining and complaining is moronic.

Big difference. And it tells me a lot about the type of person or so called fan they are.

There is trolling posts.....that is what is moronic.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2012, 05:30 AM)
QUOTE (Na na na @ Sep 9 2012, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 8 2012, 10:27 PM)
I hate to break the news to people...

But whatever YOUR "perfect" setlist is... there are people who will hate it.

This band has well over 170 songs in their catalog and each and every one of them is a personal favorite for SOMEBODY.
There is somebody out there who LOVES Stupidconductor.
There is somebody out there who LOVES You Bet Your Life
There is somebody out there who LOVES Dog Years and Virtuality.

If they played any of those songs (to name a few) I would be bummed out as hell.. but SOMEBODY out there would need a paper towel to clean out their undies.

This is the setlist that the band wants to play.. and personally I love it.

For those of you who are saying you're going to skip the tour that is certainly your choice. But I would remind you to think about 1997 and just how quickly things can change.

If you never have another chance to see RUSH will you regret not seeing them on this tour... even if the setlist isn't what you personally would consider 'perfect'?

This is how I feel about the set list "debate".

It's not a debate, I just gave my opinion. You don't like it, that's your perogative, and you've made it clear. I don't like yours either, just to be equally clear...

bekloppt.gif

Treeduck...your post was fine and you saw...I was not referring to you in my "get it off my chest" ranting.

It is directed at the trolls....the guys who don't have a real life that must rip everything this band does.

I never...ever see anything positive ever come out of these trolls.

They love to come in....get a rise out of people (like me).

When it comes to the band....playing live...being a musician myself....it is comical the posts these clowns make in regards to the setlist.

They don't get it.......at all. They have no clue what goes into creating, and putting together a show like this.

Screw them and their so- called opinions.

I can understand some fans disappointment if the 80's was not their era....but for the majority of Rush fans.....80-87 was a major major part of their Rush history....and the band was at their highest point. Between 1980 and 1987 they sold millions upon millions of albums.

This type of setlist has been long overdue. And now we are finally getting it.

Trolls

They love to call out every die hard Rush fan a fanboi.......whooooooo they are so cool...there not fanbois.

Blow me

Please.

Treeduck......no issues with your post at all. Never had any. I think I have posted enough here that most know I am long time fan, love their music, support this band and will to the day I die.

Can they do wrong? Hell yeah. Not every album is a masterpiece and not every song a work of art.

But live......they are amazing. And I appreciate every tour we get more and more.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (timhorton @ Sep 9 2012, 10:27 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

I just read this post & man it pisses me off!!!

I'm 54 years old and have been a Rush fan since 1974. I have seen every tour since the 2112 tour-yes Massey Hall when ATWAS was recorded. I was supporting this band while you were still shitting your diapers!! Remember, they almost split up after the "Down the Tubes Tour" If we didn't support them when they released 2112, and beyond, they wouldn't be here today. We're the ones who stood in line in the freezing cold over night for concert tickets!! You're saying I should "Move On" Really??

You like the set list and that's great-it's your opinion and you have every right to it. If somebody doesn't like it, that's their opinion and they have their right to it. Why not engage them in an honest debate instead of just calling them a hater and telling them to move on?

You're sick of whiny bitchers? Suck it up buttercup!!

I will agree with you on one thing-"Some Rush fans are real morons"

Actually I was out of diapers at 3 years old. So I was able to take a crap and wipe my ass in 1974...let's just get that straight.

And it was a fan like yourself that turned me on to Rush in 1981 after I heard Moving Pictures.....and then this fan (Who I am having lunch with next week) my summer of 81 camp counselor asked me if I had heard 2112 and Hemispheres....I said no.

So what did he so? He brought me the albums and I was hooked forever.

Then in the summer of 83 he was my camp counsler again. And I told him how awesome Signals was.

He thought it was utter crap. He gave up on the band after that album. So not only did I love their 70's stuff that you supported....I stuck with the band when they changed and progressed. Loved their 80's stuff, loved Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, Snake and Arrows and now CA.

I guess I should have been more specific about where my post was directed at.

Trolls. That is who I am directing this at. I can't imagine they are fans. How can they be. All I see is venom, complaints and nothing but negative posts.

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 9 2012, 10:27 PM)

This band has well over 170 songs in their catalog and each and every one of them is a personal favorite for SOMEBODY.

If they played any of those songs (to name a few) I would be bummed out as hell.. but SOMEBODY out there would need a paper towel to clean out their undies.

For those of you who are saying you're going to skip the tour that is certainly your choice. But I would remind you to think about 1997 and just how quickly things can change.

If you never have another chance to see RUSH will you regret not seeing them on this tour... even if the setlist isn't what you personally would consider 'perfect'?

It's not a debate, I just gave my opinion. You don't like it, that's your perogative, and you've made it clear. I don't like yours either, just to be equally clear...

bekloppt.gif

Treeduck...your post was fine and you saw...I was not referring to you in my "get it off my chest" ranting.

It is directed at the trolls....the guys who don't have a real life that must rip everything this band does.

When it comes to the band....playing live...being a musician myself....it is comical the posts these clowns make in regards to the setlist.

They don't get it.......at all. They have no clue what goes into creating, and putting together a show like this.

I can understand some fans disappointment if the 80's was not their era....but for the majority of Rush fans.....80-87 was a major major part of their Rush history....and the band was at their highest point. Between 1980 and 1987 they sold millions upon millions of albums.

WC and Reflected Light......are utter internet Rush Tour Forum trolls.

Every Rush forum has them. They are easy to spot.

They love to call out every die hard Rush fan a fanboi.......whooooooo they are so cool...there not fanbois.

Blow me

Please.

Treeduck......no issues with your post at all. Never had any. I think I have posted enough here that most know I am long time fan, love their music, support this band and will to the day I die.

Can they do wrong? Hell yeah. Not every album is a masterpiece and not every song a work of art.

But live......they are amazing. And I appreciate every tour we get more and more.

talk about getting your panties in a bunch. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 9 2012, 09:27 PM)

bekloppt.gif

Blow me

Please.

stfu already.....you are making yourself look like an idiot...I never said anything about you EVER.

Point me in their direction so I can slap them.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 9 2012, 11:54 PM)

Point me in their direction so I can slap them.

LMAO

That made me giggle.

But it's true. I love Tai Shan.

I love Alien Shore, Cut to The Chase....we can go on and on.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 9 2012, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 9 2012, 09:27 PM)

bekloppt.gif

Blow me

Please.

stfu already.....you are making yourself look like an idiot...I never said anything about you EVER.

Mis typed WC....di not mean to point you out. I mis read something a few pages ago.

Sorry man.