Current setlist maybe strong hint towards R40?

Gnoom

I agree, I think R40 might be there last and also Epic! They will probably release two songs prior like they did with TTMT (Caravan/ BU2B), To have something new to play.

Set 1:

R40 (Instrumedley)

(Finding My Way/ What You're doing, Anthem, By Tor & the SnowDog, The Necromancer,

Bastile Day, Something for Nothing, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres (Prelude)

The Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Caravan

New Song #1

Vapor Trails

Cut to the Chase

Test For Echo

Distant Early Warnings

Clockwork Angels

Freewill

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Far Cry

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

New Song #2

Show Don't Tell

Red Barchetta

Jacobs Ladder

A Passage to Bangkok

Headlong Flight

YYZ/Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Trees

La Villa Strangiatto

Natural Science

Xanadu

Encore:

Dreamline

Tom Sawyer

Subdivisions

2nd Encore:

Working Man,

Closer to the Heart (Extended)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Gnoom @ Sep 8 2012, 01:22 AM)
Absolutely ZERO tracks from 2112 on the Clockwork Angels Tour suggests Rush is purposely chilling their all-time classic for now...in order to bring it back in full form (all of side 1 anyway) for R40. This would also explain why certain other classics were omitted from the current tour...they're obviously saving the best for (not last, but) next.

That's how I'm reading into it, anyway. What say ye? Yea, or nay?

hmmmm? They're playing 2112 on this tour. confused13.gif

My prediction is they do an R40 farewell tour in 2016 with at least one full track from every single album(if 3.5 hours is enough). Funny, I recall some concert promoters years ago talking about how one day a group would use the then-exploding internet technology to generate a fan-chosen setlist and that would be the tour. Haven't seen that yet but I think RUSH would make a great choice to be the first to try it.

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Sep 14 2012, 03:04 PM)
My prediction is they do an R40 farewell tour in 2016 with at least one full track from every single album(if 3.5 hours is enough). Funny, I recall some concert promoters years ago talking about how one day a group would use the then-exploding internet technology to generate a fan-chosen setlist and that would be the tour. Haven't seen that yet but I think RUSH would make a great choice to be the first to try it.

R40 should be 2014

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 14 2012, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (jjgittes @ Sep 14 2012, 03:04 PM)
My prediction is they do an R40 farewell tour in 2016 with at least one full track from every single album(if 3.5 hours is enough). Funny, I recall some concert promoters years ago talking about how one day a group would use the then-exploding internet technology to generate a fan-chosen setlist and that would be the tour.  Haven't seen that yet but I think RUSH would make a great choice to be the first to try it.

R40 should be 2014

Anything other than that would not be R40!

wink.gif

This is probably the most spot-on thing I've read yet since the tour started, USB. I think you're right, that the next tour will likely be a farewell. Best-of, not supporting a record.

I don't think they're contractually obligated for any more recordings now that CA is out (wasn't the Roadrunner deal for TMT and CA?).

They're only immortal for a limited time. The farewell tour. Geez. Hard to fathom. Maybe they'll even come out and do a final bow together when each show is over.

I suspect there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

If "The Garden" doesn't sound like the last thing they have to say on record, than I don't know what does.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 13 2012, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (Gnoom @ Sep 8 2012, 01:22 AM)
Absolutely ZERO tracks from 2112 on the Clockwork Angels Tour suggests Rush is purposely chilling their all-time classic for now...in order to bring it back in full form (all of side 1 anyway) for R40.  This would also explain why certain other classics were omitted from the current tour...they're obviously saving the best for (not last, but) next.

That's how I'm reading into it, anyway.  What say ye?  Yea, or nay?

hmmmm? They're playing 2112 on this tour. confused13.gif

Ah, well, I got a bit ahead of myself by reacting solely to the opening night setlist (I didn't guess there'd be alternating setlists, let alone that they'd be tweaked already). That's what happens when one jumps the gun.

And while they ARE now playing 2112, I stand by my theory. The current tour is for showcasing CA, and there's a good reason why the filler is full of an odd-but-interesting choice of songs. My gut says the next tour will be vastly different and full of cool surprises. And they can always call it R41 or R42 if necessary.

QUOTE (Gnoom @ Sep 8 2012, 12:22 AM)
Absolutely ZERO tracks from 2112 on the Clockwork Angels Tour suggests Rush is purposely chilling their all-time classic for now...in order to bring it back in full form (all of side 1 anyway) for R40. This would also explain why certain other classics were omitted from the current tour...they're obviously saving the best for (not last, but) next.

That's how I'm reading into it, anyway. What say ye? Yea, or nay?

2112 is in the encore.