Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:03 AM)
I'm really excited about PoW material...especially Territories and GD. How did they go over live?

Very well!

The whole concert was a big surprise. I was getting tired of the same old songs getting played tour after tour. It was long overdue for changing it up.

3 small drum solos versus one big one is another big change. Alex playing the keyboard for "The Garden" surprised a lot of folks.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 10:09 AM)
I'm really excited about PoW material...especially Territories and GD. How did they go over live?

Very well!

The whole concert was a big surprise. I was getting tired of the same old songs getting played tour after tour. It was long overdue for changing it up.

3 small drum solos versus one big one is another big change. Alex playing the keyboard for "The Garden" surprised a lot of folks.

That's right! Alex did play piano on The Garden! I forgot until you just mentioned it.

Too cool. biggrin.gif th1245.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 09:12 AM)

Very well!

That's right! Alex did play piano on The Garden! I forgot until you just mentioned it.

Wow...he's a pretty accomplished piano player then...did it differ much from album?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 09:12 AM)

Very well!

Wow...he's a pretty accomplished piano player then...did it differ much from album?

He played the lines from the album.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 8 2012, 10:17 AM)
I like those 80s songs and everything, but being more of a 70s fan, it's a bit disappointing. Analog Kid though.....f**k yeah.

Analog Kid! Totally rocked!

1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 8 2012, 09:17 AM)
I like those 80s songs and everything, but being more of a 70s fan, it's a bit disappointing. Analog Kid though.....f**k yeah.

I'm of the mind that whatever Geddy can sing well should be in the set. Not disappointed greatly...except for Seven Cities...tough to sing though. I can live with that....

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:23 AM)

I'm of the mind that whatever Geddy can sing well should be in the set. Not disappointed greatly...except for Seven Cities...tough to sing though. I can live with that....

Funny you should mention that. When they played "Wish Them Well", those high vocals of Geddy's were sampled in. He didn't sing that part.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 09:25 AM)

Funny you should mention that. When they played "Wish Them Well", those high vocals of Geddy's were sampled in. He didn't sing that part.

That is the only cringing moment on the album....makes my eyelids twitch laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 09:25 AM)

That is the only cringing moment on the album....makes my eyelids twitch laugh.gif

Agreed. WTW is not one of my favourite songs because of those annoying "WIIIISH THEM WELL" background Geddies in the chorus.

Three things happened last night that disappointed many here at TRF. First Tony R chimed in a basically told everyone that Territories, Losing It and Jacobs Ladder were in the set list. So everyone had already high expection to hear those songs. Once the first Set started rolling and it was all 80's tunes without strings and Territories was included, so there was no reason to doubt what we had been told. We all figured the other tunes would show up during the second set with much of the older stuff. So everyone was fine with the first set. It was actually great to hear that all those older 80's tunes were being played live again. Even Neil's solo during the first set was well received. Everyone was elated during the intermission. Anyway, then the Second set began with CA songs and skipped BU2B, so we knew that they would not be playing CA in its entirety. Then came the omission of Halo Effect & 7Cog but "All is for the best" since they were making room for the songs previously mentioned. Then Halo Effect made an Appearance? Now we were thinking they were just changing the order and maybe BU2B might make an appearance after all. Well the list continued and the last of the CA songs entered the Limelight. This set is getting long? Member then even started to speculate that they might have 3 sets of an hour each which was the reason they dropped BU2B, BU2B2 & 7CoG. Then Came the Tech difficulties and Manhattan Project. Surely, Losing It and Jacobs Ladder would surely not be far behind now since it was obvious that they would just extend the 2nd set and there wouldn't be a third. But no, They went into RED Sector A Instead of Older Stuff .......(This is the point where peoples illusions chattered). Now there was very few time left and YYZ was being played and the Strings left soon after. No Losing It? OK well maybe Jacobs Ladder, some epics and the staples are to follow. Then came the straw that broke the camels back..... Working Man! This would obviously be the last song during this set. (No Staples, No Epcis, No previously confirmed songs.) By now most were seeing the graveity of the situation. There was no way that the Encore was going to be much longer than the two songs previously confirmed which were TS and TSOR. Well at least they might open with 2112 or Limelight?.......Nope just TS and TSOR. Everyone was left wanting. Left Holding the check without having their dessert.

It was a three course meal, when everyone expected four. Basically we were all pranked by a cruel hoaxer. (Tony R) rage.gif

This would had made everyone happy Following Headlong Flight:

Halo Effect: You already skipped it so just leave it out completely and skip WTW as well. Go straight to:

The Garden

Manhattan Project

Losing It (Instead of Red Sector A) After all it is the 20th anniversary of Signals or is it Power Windows. I'm not sure now?

YYZ

Jacobs Ladder (Instead of Working Man)

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale or Xanadu to close!

Encore:

Add: Limelight (This was crossed out so it might actually be there next time)

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

yes.gif

This would had left everyone in a much better mood during the closing section following The Garden. Regardless, Its a daring setlist. And being a fan from the 80's I will enjoy every song immensly but lest face it. this setlist is for hard core 80's fans and the 70's fans, 90's fan and the newbies got the chaft. Royally! Well there will be plenty of staples and Epics during R40 Kiddies!

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I give this setlist HUGE props! Power Windows finally gets some love!

I'm psyched to see "The Body Electric" on there, especially "Territories"!

I'm sad to see no Presto songs on there. I'm glad the P/g songs made up for it, though! biggrin.gif

DECEMBER 2ND, Y U NO HURRY ALREADY?!

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:44 AM)

I'm sad to see no Presto songs on there. I'm glad the P/g songs made up for it, though! biggrin.gif

Yes! Body Electric is such a wild surprise. One of my favorites from the period. And Power Windows really has to be one of their best of any period. smile.gif

QUOTE (FarUnlitUnknown @ Sep 8 2012, 10:50 AM)

Yes! Body Electric is such a wild surprise. One of my favorites from the period. And Power Windows really has to be one of their best of any period. smile.gif

I'm glad to see someone is on the same page as me. trink39.gif

Listening to Power Windows right now...I'm so pumped about this...what an album to highlight...How was geddy's voice on these songs? Curious about that... smile.gif

2.gif

Being a huge fan of the new album, I love the setlist. I have seen them live 16 times starting with the RTB tour, so needless to say, I am more than happy that I'm going to be seeing a ton of songs I have never seen them play live in person. Territories, Grand Designs, Body Electric, Manhattan Project...bring 'em on!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 09:57 AM)

Listening to Power Windows right now...I'm so pumped about this...what an album to highlight...How was geddy's voice on these songs? Curious about that... smile.gif

2.gif

Check out the YouTube clips.....he sounds pretty good.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:57 AM)

2.gif

Haha, I'm jammin' to Power Windows as well! laugh.gif

I can't wait!