The "Jacob's Ladder" Thread

ALifeson85

Will Rush pull "Jacob's Ladder" out of the vault this tour??  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rush pull "Jacob's Ladder" out of the vault this tour??

• YES! I honestly believe we will see it this time around.
    • NO! They didn't like it the LAST time they rehearsed it.
    • Don't Care.

Ok, folks! Ready........set.......VOTE! trink39.gif

I picked YES, because - I just have a gut feeling about it. Not saying I KNOW they will play it, but I have a VERY strong feeling about it... yes.gif

They said the same about the camera eye. Peart also seriously dissed cygnus x-1 on the uk leg of the signals tour in 83. Pretty much dissed everything, actually, grumpy bastard.

I hope they will, but don't think it will get played. The big advantage of a song like this is that it gives Ged's vox a break.

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 27 2012, 02:18 PM)
Lots of different time signatures in the song near the end. Every other measure is a different time sig. Recipe for disaster live. They won play that song live ever. Easy to get lost at their age in that tune.

They played it on the Permanent Waves tour though yes.gif

QUOTE (sb2112 @ Aug 27 2012, 03:23 PM)
Since they considered playing it last time, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I think Alex knows he disappointed a lot of fans by not playing it last tour after he said they would, so to make amends, I bet we'll see it this time.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 27 2012, 05:12 PM)
Since they considered playing it last time, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I think Alex knows he disappointed a lot of fans by not playing it last tour after he said they would, so to make amends, I bet we'll see it this time.

^ That's what I've been thinking...

Either way - we will know in less than 2 weeks! trink39.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Aug 27 2012, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 27 2012, 05:12 PM)

^ That's what I've been thinking...

Either way - we will know in less than 2 weeks! trink39.gif

Agreed. I think it would be sweet to hear it, but I wouldn't mind either way.

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 27 2012, 02:18 PM)
Lots of different time signatures in the song near the end. Every other measure is a different time sig. Recipe for disaster live. They won play that song live ever. Easy to get lost at their age in that tune.

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 27 2012, 03:18 PM)

You're kidding, right?

Seriously....you ARE kidding....right? unsure.gif

I doubt two alternating time sigs will give them too much trouble in a song that they wrote.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 27 2012, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Aug 27 2012, 03:18 PM)

You're kidding, right?

Seriously....you ARE kidding....right? unsure.gif

I doubt two alternating time sigs will give them too much trouble in a song that they wrote.

They don't even recognize time signatures in a song like JL........It's all feel at this point.

I'm pretty sure they can pull it off in their sleep.... let alone the lighted stage!

I think so, the strings make it and it's an easy song on Geddy's voice. Seeing as how there are no instrumentals on CA to give his voice a rest mid-concert, Jacob's Ladder is perfect. Plus it hasn't been played for a while and it was a hopeful for the TMT. Didn't Neil said they just couldn't get it to work for some reason?

Putting gut feelings, hopes and wishes aside, I voted no based on what Neil had to say about it. Though I'm hopeful, I'm realistic. They tried it during rehearsals for Time Machine, and Neil commented that it wasn't working and that " sometimes, you just can't go back ". Edited by Phantom

QUOTE (2112rush @ Aug 28 2012, 04:05 PM)
I wish they would but doubt they will, which is such a shame as so many fans love the song and have never heard it live!!

I agree, I've been waiting for Jacobs Ladder as long as I've been waiting for Losing It!

fists crying.gif

Sure I'd like to hear it, but I'd prefer Xanadu. Xanadu would actually sound interesting with strings IMO.

One thing you need to consider is that it's another long song...and there are a bunch of long songs in their catalog. They could probably trim some of the instrumental part in the middle to cut the time down.

I agree that the different time signatures in the song make it difficult, especially if they hadn't played it in a while. This one could sound like a train wreck if it's not perfect.