R40- All instrumental Tour

losingit2k

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 21 2012, 11:41 AM)
Dude you are hilarious

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This is not a joke! This is a true, honest to Gad, Faux Set list that will happen when hell freezes over or RUSH plays with a String section.

ohmy.gif

I love many of those songs but... TSOR, TS and Far Cry would NOT work as instrumentals.. it would get boring, especially Far Cry. The song is great but take out the vocals and it's repetitive as hell

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Sep 21 2012, 01:06 PM)
I love many of those songs but... TSOR, TS and Far Cry would NOT work as instrumentals.. it would get boring, especially Far Cry. The song is great but take out the vocals and it's repetitive as hell

Misunderstood again, An all instrumental tour doesn't mean every song is played as an instrumental, just that they would play all of their instrumental in one tour. Songs like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, TSOR which have words would be perfrom as they are, with words and vocals, not as instrumentals.

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (spindrifting @ Sep 22 2012, 01:04 AM)
I might be weird but I always thought parts of Virtuality would make a great instrumental.

Also, I would go see Rush if they played all Barney songs.

Your probably right, the actual music to virtuality aren't bad, Its those damn lyrics that ruined the song.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You know, I don' know what to believe on these boards anymore.

For literally years everyone has been complaining about the lack of "deep cuts" and too many "standards".

Now they have a show chock full of deep cuts, and the presentation of a great new album with Geddy singing better then he has in years and there is tons of whining about it.

So if they ever did an "all instrumental" tour (which they wouldn't) - I cannot imagine the hysteria lol

Rush has incredible instrumentals, but they are trumped by the endless, classic melodies and lyrics of Geddy and Neil.

Edited by eshine

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 22 2012, 12:08 PM)

Misunderstood again, An all instrumental tour doesn't mean every song is played as an instrumental, just that they would play all of their instrumental in one tour. Songs like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, TSOR which have words would be perfrom as they are, with words and vocals, not as instrumentals.

facepalm.gif

What's with the " facepalm.gif " you silly bastard? It's quite logical to think that an "All instrumental Tour" means that everything played will have no vocals. You explained yourself now but we aren't mindreaders big guy. wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2012, 02:13 AM)

facepalm.gif

What's with the " facepalm.gif " you silly bastard? It's quite logical to think that an "All instrumental Tour" means that everything played will have no vocals. You explained yourself now but we aren't mindreaders big guy. wink.gif

Who' s silly?

rage.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2012, 02:13 AM)

facepalm.gif

Who' s silly?

rage.gif

And who's big?

confused13.gif

The more I think about it, the more I believe this is the way they'll go if they have an R40 tour. However, laterly I think it woould also include much of Counterparts and T4E as well:

Set 1:

R40 Instrumedley:

(Finding My Way, Fly By Night, Bastile Day, A Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X-1. Hemipsheres (Prelude), Freewill)

Limelight

Caravan

Cut to the Chase

Where's My Thing?

Leave That Thing Alone

Limbo

Main Monkey Business

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 Overture/Temples/ Finale

Set 2:

Test For Echo

Cold Fire

Alien Shore

Vapor Trails

Percipiter (New Instrumental)

The Anarchist

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Mal-Nar

Jacobs Ladder

Animate

Headlong Flight

Didacts and Narpits/ YYZ /Drum Solo

Hope/La Villa Strangiatto

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Closer to the Heart (Extended)

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Aug 23 2012, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 23 2012, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:02 PM)
Chance of this happening? About 0.03%. About as much chance as them touring with a string section.

Oh, wait....

wink.gif

If you think about it, it's te way to go for R40, save geddy voice by performing a mostly instrumental tour. Minimal singing lots of 1022.gif !

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

It would be boring

Don't know instrumentals until you've heard some Dixie Dregs performances....Heck or even Satriani. confused13.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Oct 15 2012, 09:18 PM)
We don't even know if this is even their last tour...don't hold your breath, man. unsure.gif

I'm sure it's not their last tour! They have at least one more left in them!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Aug 23 2012, 02:28 PM) QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 23 2012, 02:16 PM) QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:02 PM) Chance of this happening? About 0.03%. About as much chance as them touring with a string section.

Oh, wait....

wink.gif

If you think about it, it's te way to go for R40, save geddy voice by performing a mostly instrumental tour. Minimal singing lots of 1022.gif !

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

It would be boring

Don't know instrumentals until you've heard some Dixie Dregs performances....Heck or even Satriani. confused13.gif

I beg to differ...it would not be boring. It would be a treat to all fans of instrumental music.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:02 PM) Chance of this happening? About 0.03%. About as much chance as them touring with a string section.

Oh, wait....

wink.gif

If you think about it, it's the way to go for R40, save Geddy voice for another studio Album by performing a mostly instrumental tour. Minimal singing lots of 1022.gif !

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I thought they were going to pull out jabobs ladder this tour for the same reason, it's a perfect song to help give Ged's voice a break..

• Like 1

I would love an instrumental tour. the two "thing" songs in the last couple tours were huge highlights for me!
  • Like 2