Could Rush Win Album of the Year

snowdogged

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Aug 3 2012, 07:42 PM)
Absolutely. Mind you Loverboy's debut album beat out Moving Pictures as best album in 1981 so logic does not always prevail.

Yup, they have actually never won album of the year. Presto and Roll the Bones each won for Hard Rock/Metal album of the year but that category was not introduced until around the time Presto came out. They have also won for group of the year twice. Once in 1978 and then in following year, 1979. It would be really cool to see them win big a the Juno's this year.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 3 2012, 08:43 PM)
Won't happen...

I'd be surprised if they won album of the year but while I do not expect them to win Hard Rock/Metal album of the Year, I would not be surprised if they did. Who knows, they might even make it a special night for Rush and give them multiple awards. They did it for Neil Young last year and his album sucked.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 3 2012, 10:28 PM)
Won't happen...

I'd be surprised if they won album of the year but while I do not expect them to win Hard Rock/Metal album of the Year, I would not be surprised if they did. Who knows, they might even make it a special night for Rush and give them multiple awards. They did it for Neil Young last year and his album sucked.

Are you kidding me, that was great album. yes.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 3 2012, 10:45 PM)
Won't happen...

Too generic for me. I couldn't even listen to one song all the way through. I will give it another shot because I have been mistaken about music on the first listen before. I'm a Rush fan. duh! It's happened more times than I can remember when new Rush albums came out.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 4 2012, 12:07 AM)
Won't happen...

Too generic for me. I couldn't even listen to one song all the way through. I will give it another shot because I have been mistaken about music on the first listen before. I'm a Rush fan. duh! It's happened more times than I can remember when new Rush albums came out.

Are you talking about Le Noise?, if so please give it another shot bro, it is just Neil and his guitar---A CLASSIC 1022.gif

Yes, I do think they will win at least one Juno this year (I hope, I hope, I hope). Since they have won Junos before, its not nearly the long shot of a Grammy.

Good question. trink39.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 3 2012, 07:13 PM)
There is more buzz about this album than any album they have put out since Moving Pictures.

That's not the case here in America. Yes, the album is excellent but it's hardly creating an MP like buzz. It's getting great reviews everywhere but there is no radio play and no hit single. It will top out at selling in the 200,000-300,000 range like the last few Rush albums have and that will be it.

So, are the stations up in Canada actually playing Headlong Flight regularly?

I could see them winning a Juno for it if that's the case. From what I can gather they aren't as cluless as the people who run the Grammy's.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 4 2012, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 3 2012, 07:13 PM)
There is more buzz about this album than any album they have put out since Moving Pictures.

That's not the case here in America. Yes, the album is excellent but it's hardly creating an MP like buzz. It's getting great reviews everywhere but there is no radio play and no hit single. It will top out at selling in the 200,000-300,000 range like the last few Rush albums have and that will be it.

So, are the stations up in Canada actually playing Headlong Flight regularly?

I could see them winning a Juno for it if that's the case. From what I can gather they aren't as cluless as the people who run the Grammy's.

I can't speak for other cities in Canada but I know that Chom FM in Montreal usually plays Headlong Flight like twice a day when I am at work. I don't really listen to the radio at home. They were also giving away Rush tickets every day last week.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 4 2012, 12:09 AM)
Won't happen...

Are you talking about Le Noise?, if so please give it another shot bro, it is just Neil and his guitar---A CLASSIC 1022.gif

Yeah, you are right that is a good album. That was not the album that I listened to before. I guess it was the album that he released before that one. I get confused in my old age. laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 4 2012, 04:15 PM)
Won't happen...

Yeah, you are right that is a good album. That was not the album that I listened to before. I guess it was the album that he released before that one. I get confused in my old age. laugh.gif

...Old..? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 4 2012, 10:16 AM)
Won't happen...

...Old..? ohmy.gif

It was sort of a joke but I feel age creeping up on me. I will be 45 in two months and my body and mind aren't as forgiving as they use to be. laugh.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 4 2012, 04:12 PM)
I haven't noticed hardly any "buzz" here either.... confused13.gif

All I know is that Chom fm in Montreal mentions Rush more now than I can ever remember. Also, I have never seen so many good reviews of a Rush album.

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 4 2012, 03:03 PM)
What's the Canadian competition like this year? I'm not sure what's out there... confused13.gif

Not really sure but that will definitely be a key factor. We have some singers/bands here in Canada that could take a dump and win awards for it. If Justin Beiber or Nickelback are in the mix then Rush probably wouldn't win.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 4 2012, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 4 2012, 10:16 AM)
Won't happen...

...Old..? ohmy.gif

It was sort of a joke but I feel age creeping up on me. I will be 45 in two months and my body and mind aren't as forgiving as they use to be. laugh.gif

You're not old, my love..! wub.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 4 2012, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Aug 4 2012, 03:03 PM)
What's the Canadian competition like this year?  I'm not sure what's out there... confused13.gif

Not really sure but that will definitely be a key factor. We have some singers/bands here in Canada that could take a dump and win awards for it. If Justin Beiber or Nickelback are in the mix then Rush probably wouldn't win.

Ahhh...Bieber...of course.

Have to hand it to him, he's found a great formula and perfected it.