Have They Ever Posted Here?

jwoods89

I thought Geddy mentioned in interviews that he stays away from forums and such. I'd guess Neil's too busy reading other things of interest over some silly forum dedicated to his band. As for Lifeson...he's posing as a TRFer by the name of treeduck. He says he's from Manchester and posts pics of some skinny dude with long hair and says that it's him. Don't believe a thing he posts. It's Lifeson! cool10.gif

I remember Geddy saying he keeps away from forums. I don't thing any of them look in.

Having said that, they're supposed to have Twitter accounts, but I don't know if that's really them.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 29 2012, 09:59 PM)
I remember Geddy saying he keeps away from forums. I don't thing any of them look in.

Having said that, they're supposed to have Twitter accounts, but I don't know if that's really them.

I looked them all up and none of them are official sadly.

They do seem to get some fan feedback somehow. For example, in interviews they've mentioned that The Camera Eye was something fans had really wanted to hear live, which seemed to influence their decision on playing all of Moving Pictures live.

How they're getting that information I have no idea - it could be some of their people reporting on things from fan sites, it could be fans asking for it at meet and greets or people shouting THE CAMERA EYE from the front row of concerts for all I know.

They've also mentioned things like remastering Vapor Trails as well, which obviously had to come from fan feedback, but again, how they're getting this info is a mystery.

I do seriously doubt they ever check out the message boards though, or if they ever had, I can't imagine they came back as it's a lot of intense opinions to wade through, and they've always been a band that does what they want regardless. I can't imagine they'd enjoy all the crap they'd have to see on the message boards, but honestly, who knows?

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Jul 30 2012, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 29 2012, 09:59 PM)

I looked them all up and none of them are official sadly.

I didn't think they were...

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 30 2012, 07:36 AM)
geminirising is one of the boys

Obviously Mr. Peart himself.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 30 2012, 06:38 AM)

i'd like to think so but honestly the only one of the band with that much time on his hands is alex

neil exercises and writes books, geddy goes around tasting wines and going to baseball games, and alex's hobby is...? i know he has golf, but even posting on the rush forum as someone who dislikes rush is more fun than constantly playing golf

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 30 2012, 12:47 AM)
I thought Geddy mentioned in interviews that he stays away from forums and such. I'd guess Neil's too busy reading other things of interest over some silly forum dedicated to his band. As for Lifeson...he's posing as a TRFer by the name of treeduck. He says he's from Manchester and posts pics of some skinny dude with long hair and says that it's him. Don't believe a thing he posts. It's Lifeson! cool10.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 29 2012, 11:47 PM)

Way to try and cover up your true identity Alex... We all know it's really you.

I think Neils riding buddy posted here once a few years ago

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 30 2012, 06:44 AM)
neil exercises

I think the last time he did this was the 90's laugh.gif Now his belly touches his snare drum ohmy.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 30 2012, 06:44 AM)

i'd like to think so but honestly the only one of the band with that much time on his hands is alex

neil exercises and writes books, geddy goes around tasting wines and going to baseball games, and alex's hobby is...? i know he has golf, but even posting on the rush forum as someone who dislikes rush is more fun than constantly playing golf

I've always thought Geddy has the most time on his hands. Alex is an active producer and contributure of other acts, in addition to tagging along with Geddy for a lot of the wine stuff.

Also, I know that the band have acknowledged seeing the fansite dedicated to seeing which underplayed live song (as defined by that site) gets played live. I suspect, though, that they're not going to the site directly and voting, but someone comes and says, "hey, have you heard about ..."

QUOTE (jwoods89 @ Jul 30 2012, 02:37 PM)
This is basically the official unofficial Rush forum, right?

Is there such a thing? unsure.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 30 2012, 07:44 AM)

neil exercises and writes books, ....

No, it is Neil. He is a speed reader these days and that freed up a lot of time for him to post here acting like a Neil hater. It is his alter-ego. Besides, he's pretty much read everything out there so his list of books to read has dwindled. I think up next is the Danielle Steele series of books.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 30 2012, 12:44 PM)

Alex flies in planes, too.

If they took one look in 'New World Women', they'd run for their lives!!! scared.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 30 2012, 02:55 PM)
If they took one look in 'New World Women', they'd run for their lives!!! scared.gif

confused13.gif Don't know what you mean by that! confused13.gif

Alex, If you are out there bekloppt.gif smile.gif th1245.gif yes.gif

Edited by Animate

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 30 2012, 03:55 PM)

What, you think they'd be upset about a bunch of people finding them attractive? laugh.gif

Yeah they posted here and they went by their real names. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

No one believed it was them though and they got angry and got in a few fights about it. People were emotional, harsh names were bandied about like "bitches" douche bags" and "tools" it got ugly. Geddy was dubbed a "worthless little basement troll" Alex was renamed Alex Liarson.

And in the end they vowed never to come here again.

TRFers responded to this by saying "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out 'Geddy'"

Geddy created a "goodbye cruel forum" thread, Alex created one called "A funny thing happened to me on the Rush forum" people responded with ugly name calling, I know for sure the terms "asshat" "dickwad" "douche chill pill shill" and "pissface" were used in anger against them.

Alex got really angry and got in a fight with the Mods, he said many harsh words. he used many sexual swearwords to describe the mods. Like "Quam rag" "butt plug juicer" and "dick cheese nibbler" Geddy too.

After they were finally banned they never did return.

We're sorry Geddy and Alex

sad.gif

Maybe Neil can come next time.

biggrin.gif