What could have gone wrong but didn't

losingit2k

Well we've had a "What went wrong" Thread a "What when right" Thread and even a "What else went wrong thread" so why not a "What could have gone wrong but didn't" Thread. I felt we are blessed to witness RUSH 20th, studio album. They could have called it quits or not even recorded anything. So much could have gone wrong in a year not to mention five. So just the fact that they given us Clockwork Angels is an incredible gift. So many things could have gone wrong for us not to have received this masterpiece. Untimely deaths like Andrew's, Illness, personal issues so many things working against them not to mention the fact that these guys are pushing 60. They aren't spring chickens any longer. I'm sure playing 3 hour shows on tour must take its toll. Regardless, of the aforementiomned they still tour. They also provide us with new music when they tour. Which brings me to my next point. They have nearly 40 years of music to choose from in order to tour. Do you really think they need to provide us with new music in order to do so? No, not really!

They don't even need to tour anymore for that matter. So just having the opportunity to see them again live only a year after the last tour is extremely special and again in support of a new album, Remember this album could have sucked. This is clearly not the case. CA is possibly the best album since Moving Pictures. We should really thank our stars, they haven't gone away. They are still alive, and are still providing us with great, incredible, outstanding music as they have done for nearly 40 years. No other band has provided their fan base with so much great music....No one! Not the Beatles, not Led Zepplin, not Pink Floyd or Genesis or the Who or the Stones. Many of the bands previously mentioned have provided us with music but not to extent or caliber of the music that RUSH has provided towards the end of their career. Five years ago we though they were done after the Vapor Trails and R30 Tour. But we received S & A which was a giant step forward from VT sonically, and now they have really given us a masterpierce. This album is Great! It is a Work of Genius and yes a masterpiece! Its a Measure of a life! Not to mention it's RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Thanks guys once again, for providing to the Soundtrack to my Life!

2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 29 2012, 01:10 PM)
Well we've had a "What went wrong" Thread a "What when right" Thread and even a "What else went wrong thread" so why not a "What could have gone wrong but didn't" Thread. I felt we are blessed to witness RUSH 20th, studio album. They could have called it quits or not even recorded anything. So much could have gone wrong in a year not to mention five. So just the fact that they given us Clockwork Angels is an incredible gift. So many things could have gone wrong for us not to have received this masterpiece. Untimely deaths like Andrew's, Illness, personal issues so many things working against them not to mention the fact that these guys are pushing 60. They aren't spring chickens any longer. I'm sure playing 3 hour shows on tour must take its toll. Regardless, of the aforementiomned they still tour. They also provide us with new music when they tour. Which brings me to my next point. They have nearly 40 years of music to choose from in order to tour. Do you really think they need to provide us with new music in order to do so? No, not really!
They don't even need to tour anymore for that matter. So just having the opportunity to see them again live only a year after the last tour is extremely special and again in support of a new album, Remember this album could have sucked. This is clearly not the case. CA is possibly the best album since Moving Pictures. We should really thank our stars, they haven't gone away. They are still alive, and are still providing us with great, incredible, outstanding music as they have done for nearly 40 years. No other band has provided their fan base with so much great music....No one! Not the Beatles, not Led Zepplin, not Pink Floyd or Genesis or the Who or the Stones. Many of the bands previously mentioned have provided us with music but not to extent or caliber of the music that RUSH has provided towards the end of their career. Five years ago we though they were done after the Vapor Trials and R30 Tour. But we received S & A which was a giant step forward from VT sonically, and now they have really given us a masterpierce. This album is Great! It is a Work of Genius and yes a masterpiece! Its a Measure of a life! Not to mention it's RUSH!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

2.gif  trink39.gif  2.gif

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 29 2012, 12:10 PM)
They don't even need to tour anymore for that matter. So just having the opportunity to see them again live only a year after the last tour is extremely special and again in support of a new album, Remember this album could have sucked. This is clearly not the case. CA is possibly the best album since Moving Pictures. We should really thank our stars, they haven't gone away. They are still alive, and are still providing us with great, incredible, outstanding music as they have done for nearly 40 years. No other band has provided their fan base with so much great music....No one! Not the Beatles, not Led Zepplin, not Pink Floyd or Genesis or the Who or the Stones. Many of the bands previously mentioned have provided us with music but not to extent or caliber of the music that RUSH has provided towards the end of their career. Five years ago we though they were done after the Vapor Trials and R30 Tour. But we received S & A which was a giant step forward from VT sonically, and now they have really given us a masterpierce. This album is Great! It is a Work of Genius and yes a masterpiece! Its a Measure of a life! Not to mention it's RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

goodpost.gif

Nothing went wrong.

The album is just as RUSH, the artists creating it, wanted it.

Don't feed the tolls.

Not saying you're a troll, but this speculation about 'wall of noise' is just tiresome.

'Experts' make me laugh in both analogy and digital. But my digital laughter is compressed and this annoys the experts.

We should really thank our stars, they haven't gone away.

They are still alive, and are still providing us with great, incredible, outstanding music as they have done for nearly 40 years.

People like you are why I come to this site!

Thanks for such great thoughts!!!

trink39.gif

Duff

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 1 2012, 10:13 AM)
We should really thank our stars, they haven't gone away.

They are still alive, and are still providing us with great, incredible, outstanding music as they have done for nearly 40 years.

People like you are why I come to this site!

Thanks for such great thoughts!!!

trink39.gif

Duff

I try to view the glass as 1/2 full, When actually its completely full. 1/2 Water and 1/2 Atmosphere! That's if there water in the glass?

laugh.gif trink36.gif trink39.gif cosmo.gif martini_shaken.gif dazed025.gif trink38.gif

It could have sounded like S&A , that would have been wrong

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 02:47 PM)
It could have sounded like S&A , that would have been wrong

Actually I think S & A Sounded better (Better Mix). Checkout my Hope-Halo Effect thread. You can hear the difference really defined there. Its the composition, Lyrics and musicianship that has lifted it clockwork Angels to the level of greatness. S & A has a much cleaner sounding mix but then again it was more stripped down as well. CA has strings and Taurus pedals. Its a much bigger production.

cool.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 1 2012, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 02:47 PM)
It could have sounded like S&A ,  that  would have been wrong

Actually I think S & A Sounded better (Better Mix). Checkout my Hope-Halo Effect thread. You can hear the difference really defined there. Its the composition, Lyrics and musicianship that has lifted it clockwork Angels to the level of greatness. S & A has a much cleaner sounding mix but then again it was more stripped down as well. CA has strings and Taurus pedals. Its a much bigger production.

cool.gif

I am saying "sounded like" You know, shitty songs laugh.gif I agree the Production of S&A is much better

This album, as well as every Rush album that proceeded CA represents them and where they were at that time. They could have never written this album in 1981. They needed 55 + years of life experience. Listen to Moving Pictures and Clockwork Angels back to back. You'll hear how far they have come in every sense; musically, lyrically, emotionally, spiritually and maturity. You can hear the miles and 30 years that separate the two records. 2112, Moving Pictures, Clockwork Angels. 3 significant chapter headings of their journey.

The end of The Garden reminds me of the end of Abbey Road in a way. I think it's the end of something remarkable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is, CA is their greatest body of work, and their last. There is something about this record. It is absolutely genius, exceptional, highly representative of them and their style. I do believe that when we look back decades from now, this will be considered their Sgt Pepper. The greatest thing they ever did. Amazing that a band can have a 40 year career, 20 studio albums, and produce their greatest achievement at the end rather than the beginning or middle of it all. How could they ever do something better than CA? My gut is, they're going to go out on this high note. Not sure how long they can play night after night for 3 hrs. Has anyone heard Geddy's voice on the Time Machine DVD? They can't do it night after night for 2 years like they could in the past.

I bought tickets to 6 concerts on this tour because I fear it may be their last. They are 60 years old. This tour will last until the end of 2013. What are they going to do? Write and record and release an album in 2014 and then tour again for two years? Nope. This is it folks. Enjoy it. It will be incredibly sad to me when they're done. They've been with me my entire life. Every chapter of my life coincides with a chapter of their incredible library. I don't want it to end. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll continue to record even if they are not touring. Maybe they'll release records and play 1,2, or 3 big shows per year. It will end, as things do.

How lucky are we the fans, that all 3 are still alive? None of them burnt out, declined, drugged out, or left the band. There's no infighting that leads to turmoil. Look at KISS. What are they holding onto? How embarrassing that they get up on stage with two sidemen wearing Ace and Peter's makeup. They should have closed shop long ago. Not our 3 boys. I love them. I am so thankful for what they've done and for what their music has brought to my life.

Edited by Mieko8

QUOTE (Mieko8 @ Aug 1 2012, 04:37 PM)
This album, as well as every Rush album that proceeded CA represents them and where they were at that time.  They could have never written this album in 1981.  They needed 55 + years of life experience.  Listen to Moving Pictures and Clockwork Angels back to back.  You'll hear how far they have come in every sense; musically, lyrically, emotionally, spiritually and maturity.  You can hear the miles and 30 years that separate the two records.  2112, Moving Pictures, Clockwork Angels.  3 significant chapter headings of their journey. 

The end of The Garden reminds me of the end of Abbey Road in a way.  I think it's the end of something remarkable.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Mine is, CA is their greatest body of work, and their last.  There is something about this record.  It is absolutely genius, exceptional, highly representative of them and their style.  I do believe that when we look back decades from now, this will be considered their Sgt Pepper.  The greatest thing they ever did.  Amazing that a band can have a 40 year career, 20 studio albums, and produce their greatest achievement at the end rather than the beginning or middle of it all.  How could they ever do something better than CA?  My gut is, they're going to go out on this high note.  Not sure how long they can play night after night for 3 hrs.  Has anyone heard Geddy's voice on the Time Machine DVD?  They can't do it night after night for 2 years like they could in the past.

I bought tickets to 6 concerts on this tour because I fear it may be their last.  They are 60 years old.  This tour will last until the end of 2013.  What are they going to do?  Write and record and release an album in 2014 and then tour again for two years?  Nope.  This is it folks.  Enjoy it.  It will be incredibly sad to me when they're done.  They've been with me my entire life.  Every chapter of my life coincides with a chapter of their incredible library.  I don't want it to end.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll continue to record even if they are not touring.  Maybe they'll release records and play 1,2, or 3 big shows per year.  It will end, as things do. 

How lucky are we the fans, that all 3 are still alive?  None of them burnt out, declined, drugged out, or left the band.  There's no infighting that leads to turmoil.  Look at KISS.  What are they holding onto?  How embarrassing that they get up on stage with two sidemen wearing Ace and Peter's makeup.  They should have closed shop long ago.  Not our 3 boys.  I love them.  I am so thankful for what they've done and for what their music has brought to my life.

goodpost.gif

Certainly agree with the Rush aspect of your post and understand your KISS reference. smile.gif Nicely stated.

Welcome to TRF!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 1 2012, 04:20 PM)
Nothing went wrong. Clockwork Angels is easily among their best work and the most critically acclaimed album they have ever recorded.

They knocked it out of the park.

The tour is going to be epic.

You need to read the initial post. No there's nothing wrong with Clockwork Angels!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 2 2012, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 2 2012, 03:06 PM)
They could'a brought in Bob and Doug Mckenzie in for background vocals on WTW

common001.gif

Those two are hysterical! laugh.gif

I hope they make it back onto the big screen!

laugh.gif