Some insight on the NEW Kiss album, Monster

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 31 2012, 12:21 PM)
The cover looks like a bargain bin import greatest hits cd.
Is Monster energy drink sponsoring the tour, album title looks similar to drink logo.

goodpost.gif That logo looks just like the logo for the drink. F-n lame

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 31 2012, 01:57 PM)
i figured dr pepper would support KISS

No no that was the last tour ... all the trucks had Kiss with a different flavor of Dr Pepper in their hand. trink38.gif

Oh yeah I'm serious.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Jul 31 2012, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 31 2012, 01:57 PM)
i figured dr pepper would support KISS

No no that was the last tour ... all the trucks had Kiss with a different flavor of Dr Pepper in their hand. trink38.gif

Oh yeah I'm serious.

dude i'd believe it, i havent seen kiss but i wouldnt put anything past em at this point

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 31 2012, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Jul 31 2012, 11:44 AM)
Kiss? It's kiddie good two shoes music. happy happy joy joy shit. boys running around with lolly pops in their mouths.

You should not speak in public.

did you run out of lolly pops? well go find your mommy and ask for another one. sounds like you've had one to many.

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 1 2012, 12:44 PM)
Kiss? It's kiddie good two shoes music. happy happy joy joy shit. boys running around with lolly pops in their mouths.

did you run out of lolly pops? well go find your mommy and ask for another one. sounds like you've had one to many.

Not only does this Not make any sense, it's not funny at all . Seriously

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 01:47 PM)

MD, I should let you know that because I see you put Kiss in your 5 bands in your rotation list every f-ing day, you broke me down and I picked up Sonic Boom. laugh.gif Haven't had a chance to give it a spin yet though.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 1 2012, 12:55 PM)

MD, I should let you know that because I see you put Kiss in your 5 bands in your rotation list every f-ing day, you broke me down and I picked up Sonic Boom. laugh.gif Haven't had a chance to give it a spin yet though.

Good stuff trink39.gif

Off topic but,

I have an extra 4th row center ticket for PNC in Holmdel, NJ for Friday, 21 September's gig.

My friend was supposed to fly in from Wisconsin for the show, but can't make it due to work scheduling conflicts.

Anyone interested in the details, let me know.

Bad part is you have to sit next to me! smile.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 1 2012, 01:55 PM)

Please tell me that Sonic Boom is not going to be your introduction to KISS's music! IMO, it's easily in the bottom 5 (or maybe 3) of their studio albums.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 31 2012, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 31 2012, 12:21 PM)
The cover looks like a bargain bin import greatest hits cd.
Is Monster energy drink sponsoring the tour, album title looks similar to drink logo.

goodpost.gif That logo looks just like the logo for the drink. F-n lame

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/double%20s%20pro/Monster_Energy_101-1.jpg

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2012, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 18 2012, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2012, 11:03 AM)
I was very suprised at how much i liked the last album, good to read this seems to be going down the same road

Its very pedestrian. atickhum.gif

It's Kiss.............. atickhum.gif and it will out sell the last D.T. album . Bet your Glue stick on it pokey.gif

and Justin Bieber will out sell this Kiss album. Whats the point? atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 13 2012, 02:11 PM)
I'm pretty shocked by how little I like what I've heard of the new Kiss album and that's after really enjoying Sonic Boom. Disappointed. And I'm a Kiss apologist, that's how bleak it is.

Where have you heard it...

...care to share?

Been waiting for this one for awhile.

It is strange, because I've heard nothing but good things about it.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 14 2012, 07:11 AM)
I'm pretty shocked by how little I like what I've heard of the new Kiss album and that's after really enjoying Sonic Boom. Disappointed. And I'm a Kiss apologist, that's how bleak it is.

Ye Gods, it *must* be bad biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 13 2012, 02:16 PM)

...care to share?

Go to your itunes store and then switch to the British itunes. Then search for Kiss Monster, where there they have 90 second clips of ALL the tunes, including the bonus cut.

You might be pleased and I might change my tune over time, but nothing grabbed me. UGH!!! sad.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 13 2012, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 13 2012, 02:16 PM)

...care to share?

Go to your itunes store and then switch to the British itunes. Then search for Kiss Monster, where there they have 90 second clips of ALL the tunes, including the bonus cut.

You might be pleased and I might change my tune over time, but nothing grabbed me. UGH!!! sad.gif

Thanks, I will check it out.

I felt that way about "Sonic Boom" when it came out.

Listened to it once and it sat for a long time.

When I picked it up and dusted it off and gave it anotehr spin, it rocketed it's way to one of my post Peter/Ace favs.

Thanks again!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 13 2012, 03:11 PM)

Wow, this says it all.

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 13 2012, 03:11 PM)

Wow, this says it all.

rofl3.gif

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing!

I've taken a second listen and like it a bit more. At this point I need to hear the whole thing. Bumped up some: Eat Your Heart Out, Long Way Down (maybe the only potentially really good Paul cut), and The Devil Is Me (if I can get past hearing the GJFJ intro when he says "ME...!" goddammit). A new worst has emerged from the comet dust of spaceace Big Head...and that's Paul's Take Me Down Below, which is as bad as the title suggests. Color me stupid, but I don't mind the Singer song, a marked improvement over All For The Glory (Hole). Most of it still splashes around in a shallow, tepid, mosquito-infested kiddie pool of eye-rolling lyrics and melodic boredom. But some movement I guess. Give it another spin.