Will Clockwork Angels Tour

snowdogged

Since I think it was mentioned that they will have a very similar setup as the Time Machine tour I think that they are really going to go to the extreme with the lights. Just imagine what the lights will be like for the song Clockwork Angels or Headlong Flight.

Light shows are cool and I'm sure it will be great this tour but to be honest I wouldn't have a problem with them just playing on stage with a simple light setup and a video screen. I think the whole thing is a bit overrated. But to answer your question, I'm sure they'll go all out with the production and the light show will probably be their best to date.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 6 2012, 09:06 PM)
Just imagine what the lights will be like for the song Clockwork Angels or Headlong Flight.

The stage show will be brilliant. Lights are always done exceedingly well. You must give props to the lighting every tour...who's better? The real question marks lie within the actors...what do they bring to the table? Gonna be the best thing since Willow? Let's hope!!!

2.gif

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

As long as they bring the lasers back for the ...'all at once the clouds are parted...' part of 'Jacob's Ladder' - I'm o.k.!!! We all know that the Rush light and stage show is always something special, so I think there will be elements that will surprise and please us. Edited by greyfriar

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2012, 01:41 AM)
As long as they bring the lasers back for the ...'all at once the clouds are parted...' part of 'Jacob's Ladder' - I'm o.k.!!! We all know that the Rush light and stage show is always something special, so I think there will be elements that will surprise and please us.

Jacob's Ladder is returning to the setlist? I recall you had a source who knew Alex's son or something to that degree.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jul 7 2012, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2012, 01:41 AM)
As long as they bring the lasers back for the ...'all at once the clouds are parted...' part of 'Jacob's Ladder' - I'm o.k.!!! We all know that the Rush light and stage show is always something special, so I think there will be elements that will surprise and please us.

Jacob's Ladder is returning to the setlist? I recall you had a source who knew Alex's son or something to that degree.

At the moment it's more of a wish/dream. It was/is in discussion and they will rehearse it. We have to see if it works for them.

I thought the light show on the last tour was awesome...I can't wait to see what Herns has up his sleeve.

For anyone interested I went to Howard Ungerleiders web site for Production Design International Inc. and there are some really great pics of Howards work on there. Some cool 2.gif stuff I've never seen as well as work he's done for other performers and events.

Check it out. Go to mulimedia for the pics.

http://www.pdifx.com/frame.html

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 6 2012, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2012, 11:10 PM)
No, probably not.

My title might be misleading. I meant best light show ever for a Rush concert. Not for any band.

That's really subjective, as some would argue that back in the mid to late 80's, when they used a bunch of different colored lasers, was the best.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 6 2012, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2012, 11:10 PM)
No, probably not.

My title might be misleading. I meant best light show ever for a Rush concert. Not for any band.

That's really subjective, as some would argue that back in the mid to late 80's, when they used a bunch of different colored lasers, was the best.

I thought the lights on the Power Windows tour were maybe the best I have ever seen for a Rush show. I loved the pastel type colors that they had in the light shows then and the stars turning around on the stage.

I have enough faith in Howard to know that he'll bring us a bigger and better show than last year.

Unlike the other LD's of this era, who are all fantastic in their own way, Ungerleider is a truly a master innovator. Lasers or no lasers, we all saw where the big money went last tour and that was on the morphing "spider rig," which seriously blew my mind.

No

we are so spoiled as fans. every tour it just grows in terms of a light spectacle. I've never been disappointed. They always embrace technology. It's never overcooked.

Gonna be awesome!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 10 2012, 08:34 AM)
lighting will be great as usual. i just hope they keep the acting skits short or preferably none at all.

I hope they know what they're doing...kinda dicey...wonder what carnies and Wreckers will look like? Dwarves will be working overtime.

Considering the number of tickets they sold, Rush shows were not very spectacular as far as the lights are concerned when I started going. The first tour that I thought was on par with other bands I had seen of their stature was Power Windows. I thought Presto and Roll The Bones had the best lights, with multicoloured lasers and lots of dry ice. The video got better after that and the flames were fun, but I like lots of lights, lasers and dry ice.

The sound system was also too small on the Moving Pictures tour. It seemed to me that they were being conservative and not wanting to put a lot into the production until 2 or 3 tours after the peak.

Bands with better lights when I first started seeing Rush

Genesis

Queen

Saga

Triumph

Yes

Supertramp

Roger Waters

The production has been excellent since... but some other bands still have more impressive stage setups, if you see many bands.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 10 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 10 2012, 08:34 AM)
lighting will be great as usual.  i just hope they keep the acting skits short or preferably none at all.

I hope they know what they're doing...kinda dicey...wonder what carnies and Wreckers will look like? Dwarves will be working overtime.

hopefully the wreckers won't be in the setlist.

Well, considering they pretty much had the same lighting rig for 2002, 2004, and 2007/08, I was thrilled they finally changed in 2010. And it was an awesome switch.

To finally have some moving parts to the rig was just a brilliant move on Howard's part. Seems like he's taking ideas from many other bands that have done it in recent years.

Now I too feel that CwA will be very heavily lighted, and hopefully has a new rig.

But please, put the lasers back in this year. No lasers on TM was just weird. Even if they don't do Dreamline (which I think they should, since there are string parts in the song), still put lasers back in.