F*** U, Usher!

Gompers

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 5 2012, 01:08 PM)
Usher, T-Pain, Dizzy Ice, Young G, Snoop Dog, Drake...

Can't really tell them apart.

Lol that is a terrible list of rappers except for Snoop Dogg of course. More like Wu-tang Clan, Tech N9NE, Bone Thugs and Harmony, 2pac...those guys are / were actually talented. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Don't blame Usher for Americas shitty taste in music

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jul 5 2012, 01:12 PM)

Lol that is a terrible list of rappers except for Snoop Dogg of course. More like Wu-tang Clan, Tech N9NE, Bone Thugs and Harmony, 2pac...those guys are / were actually talented. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

You're not allowed to support rap here. You should know that by now. Since they aren't wanking away on instruments people think it doesn't take any talent.

(Don't worry, I know it does so I'm not one of those people)

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 5 2012, 02:11 PM)

There are millions of people that think we have shit taste for listening to bands like Rush. It's a 2 way street.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 5 2012, 02:22 PM)

There are millions of people that think we have shit taste for listening to bands like Rush. It's a 2 way street.

Anyway you wanna slice it

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 5 2012, 03:22 PM)

+1

2.gif

can we see a video of you rapping, please, pretty please. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jul 5 2012, 03:39 PM)

I cant rap. I wish I could. That's why I said it actually does take skill to take a crap load of lyrics and make it flow well with a beat, while not sounding like an idiot.

It's easy to listen to someone like Eminem and think its not hard to do and takes no ability, until you sit down and try to do it yourself and end up sounding like a clown. Tell me then it doesn't take skill.

Edited by trenken

I generally dislike rap, but generally freaking love Rush.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 5 2012, 04:01 PM)

I cant rap. I wish I could. That's why I said it actually does take skill to take a crap load of lyrics and make it flow well with a beat, while not sounding like an idiot.

It's easy to listen to someone like Eminem and think its not hard to do and takes no ability, until you sit down and try to do it yourself and end up sounding like a clown. Tell me then it doesn't take skill.

We agree on something? Wow.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 5 2012, 03:22 PM)

It is. As Rush fans, we accept the fact that Rush remains underground. They never played the mainstream game intentionally.

meh, not Usher's fault and thinking that Usher fans have any opinion whatsoever on Rush is silly.

If Rush really wanted a #1, they should have put CA out a week earlier, when they would have been up against someone like Joe Walsh. It would have taken just a tiny bit of strategy.

Edited by Animate

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jul 5 2012, 11:12 AM)

I like RiFF RAFF biggrin.gif

Man... if "Countdown" really was the closing song for whenever their last tour is, I would be SOOO down with that. If they did it really well, with explosions and super loud, ball-blasting instrumental performance, it would be the most badass launch into retirement ever.

Then I guess they could have a traditional encore where they play Syrinx, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, and Limelight like their half-assed fans would obligate them to do.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jul 5 2012, 06:23 PM)

It's really hard to do. I love rap. I have since I was around 20 in the mid-90s. Im not talking about brainless gangbanger rap, although some of that I like. Not much of the modern gang stuff though.

I would always rap in the car while listening to it just because it's fun. Some of them are very smart writing really clever lyrics about world issues with complex rhyming schemes, just like a poet would. It's definitely not easy to do. Putting all those lyrics together is hard enough, and then to make all of that flow well over a beat just takes a certain ability. If you dont have it and try to do it you'll end up sounding really ridiculous.

Ed from Live tried to do it and it was horrendous. And we know Geddy tried and that was a joke too. Listen to this crap. I dont think this is as corny as Roll The Bones which is literally the worst rapping Ive ever heard, but this is still terrible because he has no idea how to sound cool doing it. It sounds so forced.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 5 2012, 12:08 PM)
wait, this isn't where i thought i was.

Way to live up to your user name tongue.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 5 2012, 11:09 PM)

It's really hard to do. I love rap. I have since I was around 20 in the mid-90s. Im not talking about brainless gangbanger rap, although some of that I like. Not much of the modern gang stuff though.

I would always rap in the car while listening to it just because it's fun. Some of them are very smart writing really clever lyrics about world issues with complex rhyming schemes, just like a poet would. It's definitely not easy to do. Putting all those lyrics together is hard enough, and then to make all of that flow well over a beat just takes a certain ability. If you dont have it and try to do it you'll end up sounding really ridiculous.

Ed from Live tried to do it and it was horrendous. And we know Geddy tried and that was a joke too. Listen to this crap. I dont think this is as corny as Roll The Bones which is literally the worst rapping Ive ever heard, but this is still terrible because he has no idea how to sound cool doing it. It sounds so forced.

Who Fing cares if rap takes talent. Balancing ten grapes on your nose also takes talent and I don't see appreciation threads for that. We can still hate things that take talent to do. Lots of people hate prog, but concede that it takes a monstrous amount of talent to play it.

And for the record, Geddy's rap is hilarious, and exactly what they meant it to be - a parody of rap.

trink38.gif

Ok, just putting this out there, pearl jam is great. The only reason vs. got higher then Counterparts is because it's easily ten times better (IMO)! Its not THEIR fault that they just so happened to put out a better album! wacko.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 6 2012, 08:38 AM)

Who Fing cares if rap takes talent. Balancing ten grapes on your nose also takes talent and I don't see appreciation threads for that. We can still hate things that take talent to do. Lots of people hate prog, but concede that it takes a monstrous amount of talent to play it.

And for the record, Geddy's rap is hilarious, and exactly what they meant it to be - a parody of rap.

trink38.gif

Were just having a discussion...chill out? Anyways, yes I find that most mainstream rap is complete and utter shit while underground has some truly talented rappers. I love the rap on Roll The Bones, the lyrics are pretty clever and are more complex than 99.9% of radio rap. trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Jul 6 2012, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 6 2012, 08:38 AM)

trink38.gif

Were just having a discussion...chill out? Anyways, yes I find that most mainstream rap is complete and utter shit while underground has some truly talented rappers. I love the rap on Roll The Bones, the lyrics are pretty clever and are more complex than 99.9% of radio rap. trink39.gif

trink39.gif I just felt the need to post a reality check after Trenken posted his high-and-mighty rap-defending rant. smile.gif