SCREWED!!

Lost In Xanadu

There is this carwash near home... I always wash my car by hand, but in the winter... I take it to this place once a week to keep the salt off my car. Conditioned water, soft cloth, never had an issue with the place. It's been there for as long as I moved back to the Milwaukee area.

In March, I saw they are now offering "Buy 5, get 1 free" coupons. I pay the $50 and get my coupons... Used 1 for my car, one for my wife's and then it warmed up in April. Started washing my own car, and last night I drove by the place and they were closed. Like "Out of Business" closed.

So I start thinking - why all of a sudden start selling "Buy 5, get 1 free" coupons? Did they know they were closing and thought they'd squeeze a few extra buck out of some people?

Yup, that looks like a "Take the money and run" scam if I ever saw one. But, there is the possibility that they honestly thought offering that deal might generate enough business to get out of their financial problems, but probably not. Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 28 2012, 08:13 PM)
Yup, that looks like a "Take the money and run" scam if I ever saw one. But, there is the possibility that they honestly thought offering that deal might generate enough business get out of their financial problems, but probably not.

This.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 28 2012, 02:45 PM)
Yup, that looks like a "Take the money and run" scam if I ever saw one. But, there is the possibility that they honestly thought offering that deal might generate enough business get out of their financial problems, but probably not.

This.

yes.gif

reminds me of....

JERRY: Hey, so where's my sneakers?

KRAMER: That's what I wanna know.

JERRY: What do you mean?

KRAMER: Well, I saw Mom and Pop this morning, but when I went by the store on my way home? The place was empty. Everything is gone. Mom and Pop - vrooop - vanished.

JERRY: So all my sneakers are gone?

KRAMER: I'm afraid so. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been asking around - they didn't even have any kids.

JERRY: Mom and Pop aren't even a Mom and Pop?!

KRAMER: It was all an act, Jerry. They conned us, and they scored, big time.

ELAINE: So. Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood...establish trust...for 48 years. And then, run off with Jerry's sneakers.

KRAMER: Apparently.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 28 2012, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 28 2012, 02:45 PM)

This.

yes.gif

reminds me of....

JERRY: Hey, so where's my sneakers?

KRAMER: That's what I wanna know.

JERRY: What do you mean?

KRAMER: Well, I saw Mom and Pop this morning, but when I went by the store on my way home? The place was empty. Everything is gone. Mom and Pop - vrooop - vanished.

JERRY: So all my sneakers are gone?

KRAMER: I'm afraid so. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been asking around - they didn't even have any kids.

JERRY: Mom and Pop aren't even a Mom and Pop?!

KRAMER: It was all an act, Jerry. They conned us, and they scored, big time.

ELAINE: So. Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood...establish trust...for 48 years. And then, run off with Jerry's sneakers.

KRAMER: Apparently.

laugh.gif

If you bought these coupons back in March it's possible the car wash didn't know they would be out of buisness yet. After all, this was three months ago and something could've happened that caused them to close unexpectedly. But like another poster said, they were probably offering that deal as a way to keep the place afloat but it didn't work out for them.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 29 2012, 06:40 AM)
Since they're out of business they're probably more f*cked than you are.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the $30... I just thought it seemed shady, especially only offering the deal near the end.

My dad lives closer to the carwash, and he said they were gone in early-mid April. So only a week or 2 after they sold me the "deal." laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 29 2012, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 29 2012, 06:40 AM)
Since they're out of business they're probably more f*cked than you are.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the $30... I just thought it seemed shady, especially only offering the deal near the end.

My dad lives closer to the carwash, and he said they were gone in early-mid April. So only a week or 2 after they sold me the "deal." laugh.gif

Ah. Well screw them then!!! Let them burn in car wash hell with your 30 bones.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

UPDATE (if anyone really gives a crap)

Apparently the owner has 2 other carwash places in the Milwaukee area, and he will honor the coupons there. The location I bought the coupons from was sold to make room for a hotel that is going up.

So apparently, just bad timing on my part.... but I also have to assume he knew he was selling the place long ago, and started the buy 5, get 1 free campaign because he was counting on people not knowing about his other locations.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 9 2012, 12:17 PM)
UPDATE (if anyone really gives a crap)

Apparently the owner has 2 other carwash places in the Milwaukee area, and he will honor the coupons there. The location I bought the coupons from was sold to make room for a hotel that is going up.

So apparently, just bad timing on my part.... but I also have to assume he knew he was selling the place long ago, and started the buy 5, get 1 free campaign because he was counting on people not knowing about his other locations.

Well, at least you are now getting coddled after being screwed. smile.gif

s

u

c

k

e

r

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 9 2012, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 9 2012, 12:20 PM)
s

u

c

k

e

r

laugh.gif

After I read the first 4 letters, I was getting excited... what a letdown!

Dirty boy dazed025.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 28 2012, 03:04 PM)
Yeah they were going down so they ripped the last few people off...

exactly...