I've been a fan for 30 years

2112th Man

QUOTE (shail @ Jun 26 2012, 06:13 PM)
CA is good. It doesn't even close to Power Windows or Hold Your Fire. Great song writing and musicianship back then. I miss the players they were in their prime. Rush were the ultimate prog rockers. Nothing to this day can touch a 1983 to 1988 rush. The attitude of musicianship, writing and production was perfection. What the f**k happened to that rush? CA is a great effort. I will let time pass and let it grow on me. That's what she said.

I disagree, but truly respect your opinion. Thanks for not being a narcissistic asshole about it too.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 06:20 PM)
Gary Rushgoober has been alive for 73 years and for the last 10 he thought he hated Vapor Trails, but now he's ready to renounce his hate and pronounce his love for VT!

wub.gif

And Pigs will fly out of my butt!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 05:38 PM)
METALDAD has been a human being for 59 years next Thursday and he's yet to hear an album that tops Snakes & Arrows...

cool.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 26 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 25 2012, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 24 2012, 10:24 PM)
there's a mini moog in the anarchist?

That high pitched sustained drone sound by morphed synth and strings sounds like the sustained moog sound they used to have in their late 70s and early 80s albums. Vintage stuff!

To be a wee more accurate/anal, it was one of Geddy's Oberheim synths doing the high synth-string parts on their old albums.

Regardless of how it was created, though, it's nice to hear that little sonic element make a comeback in the Anarchist. smile.gif

Yeah, does nobody remember this monstrosity?

http://www.synthmuseum.com/oberheim/obe8voice01.jpg

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jun 29 2012, 06:58 PM)
Been a fan since 1980, since TSoR was in the UK charts. For me, the era between '78 and '85 was non-stop brilliance, never to be topped - but CA's their best album in a loooong time biggrin.gif

Same with me,heard an early release of Natural Science and was hooked.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 29 2012, 09:15 AM)
Fan since the AFTK tour hit the still-missed Glasgow Apollo.

Not so much post Power Windows but came back to the fold big time with VT.

Loving CA big-time.

The Vinyl sounds great.

You should hear the 5.1. 2.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (2112th Man @ Jun 24 2012, 09:19 PM)
just wanna chime in that Clockwork Angels is a good fricking album.

the first two songs are kickass. period.
Clockwork Angels will stand the test of time- great u2 sound with better drums
4 - the anarchist is signals song #9 .. period. Its epic.. help me people... the guitar and the taurus pedals and mimi moog! the flange is back!
great riff rock is here... but, they are pushing 60 and i know they can still rip a riff... i heard that 34 years ago... I'm a real fan... i love their melodic midtempo stuff... they already ripped for years....they are the best a that ... but now.. we have the Garden... they are incredible muscians who can now pull back and play feel, music thats smooth and cool... Halo Effect is another epic

This album can be on film on the big screen with the story...
another strong effort....

cant wait to see them in ATL and I feel we're gonna finally hear Losing it!!!!! and some other gems off signals this year... makes sense with the 30th anniversary and the strings coming along on tour... fandamntatic

DITTO goodpost.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 05:38 PM)
METALDAD has been a human being for 59 years next Thursday and he's yet to hear an album that tops Snakes & Arrows...

cool.gif

rofl3.gif

+1

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 26 2012, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 06:20 PM)
Gary Rushgoober has been alive for 73 years and for the last 10 he thought he hated Vapor Trails, but now he's ready to renounce his hate and pronounce his love for VT!

wub.gif

And Pigs will fly out of my butt!

tongue.gif

Lasso em and clean em up then, and it'll be bacon for breakfast!

1287.gif