Looks like everyone's opinion has stayed strong

LeaveMyThingAlone

So we all went through that honeymoon period with CA as we do with every album, the question is how does hold up as weeks or months pass...?

From what I can tell, most of us are maintaining our position that it is one of in not the best post Moving Pictures album they've done?

My initial impressions were that it was brilliant from second 1 to the last second. I have since softened on the last half of the album a bit, but the number of skip songs are still few and far between as compared to the last 3 albums. Songs 1-4 and Headlong Flight are sheer brilliance

I'm still loving it. Certainly one of the most cohesive albums they've done in a long time. I'm to the point where, while I don't want to skip tracks per se, I want to hear certain tracks repeatedly.

Have it on now...13th listen now. Definatly some good solid tunes here. It may be annoying to hear, but i can't be in love with the album like most of you. production is blocking a true connection here.

I give it...as of now.....6/10. could change though.

So in a way......yes my opinion ha stayed strong biggrin.gif

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jun 23 2012, 01:19 PM)
Have it on now...13th listen now. Definatly some good solid tunes here. It may be annoying to hear, but i can't be in love with the album like most of you. production is blocking a true connection here.

I give it...as of now.....6/10. could change though.

So in a way......yes my opinion ha stayed strong biggrin.gif

Mick

I acknowledge the production issues, but for me, thankfully, it does not interfere with or take away my enjoyment of the very strong musical material. I connect with it very well. If the production were better, would I like it more? On a sonic level, yes, but on an emotional and intellectual level, would not make a difference.

Well, besides the already mentioned production values, I am REALLY falling in love with this Album.

I find myself smiling more and more.

After 50+ listen through's (with much fiddling) I am confident that at least for myself, I will continue to appreciate this album more and more as time goes on.

Do i still wish for a more audiosensoryorgasm (edited for Tick) pleasing album? Yes.

However, it is not "ruining" the music as bad as I feared it would.

The music is just so strong.

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

I'm optimistic about the record...certainly for me anyways.

But if you're looking for people to turn on it, it's still too early really.

The shit-talking against S&A didn't come until 1-2 years after the record was out.

Give it time...I'm sure some will turn. NOT ME though. no.gif

Today I got to listen for the first time on a decent system, with my sister and brother-in-law even (who are both HUGE fans), and it was my best listen ever. They both really loved it.

I can't say what will happen over time, but so far totally loving it! yes.gif wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 23 2012, 01:59 PM)
The shit-talking against S&A didn't come until 1-2 years after the record was out.

That's not my memory of what happened. Myself and several others here were "shit talking" about S&A from day one.

I still love CA! I want another full listen while reading along with the lyrics... because I want to know them ALL. I think I'm going to love this album for a very long time. smile.gif

I find I'm now mostly playing and re-playing my four favorites. Sometimes start-to-finish plays, but mostly not.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2012, 07:06 PM)
Today I got to listen for the first time on a decent system, with my sister and brother-in-law even (who are both HUGE fans), and it was my best listen ever. They both really loved it.

I can't say what will happen over time, but so far totally loving it! yes.gif wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Goob, you were once worried about the sound. How do you feel sbout it with the real CD?

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 23 2012, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 23 2012, 07:06 PM)
Today I got to listen for the first time on a decent system, with my sister and brother-in-law even (who are both HUGE fans), and it was my best listen ever.  They both really loved it.

Goob, you were once worried about the sound. How do you feel sbout it with the real CD?

It's not fantastic, but it's good enough - doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the CD. no.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 23 2012, 10:54 AM)
So we all went through that honeymoon period with CA as we do with every album, the question is how does hold up as weeks or months pass...?

From what I can tell, most of us are maintaining our position that it is one of in not the best post Moving Pictures album they've done?

My initial impressions were that it was brilliant from second 1 to the last second. I have since softened on the last half of the album a bit, but the number of skip songs are still few and far between as compared to the last 3 albums. Songs 1-4 and Headlong Flight are sheer brilliance

It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 23 2012, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 23 2012, 10:54 AM)

It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.

Not for all.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 23 2012, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 23 2012, 01:59 PM)

That's not my memory of what happened. Myself and several others here were "shit talking" about S&A from day one.

Yes, but you guys are clearly 'musically challenged'. wink.gif