Best RUSH drumming albums?

treeduck

I enjoy CA because of Headlong Flight,,

MP because of YYZ and Tom Sawyer

COS because of The Necromancer

Rhythm Method is fun

QUOTE (thirteen @ Jun 25 2012, 10:24 PM)
Anyone else think Pearts best drumming was during the synth years?

I didn't like the electric drums as much, the thin plastic snare sound, I'll always prefer acoustic drums.

I'm not talking so much about the sound, more talking about what he's playing. Sounds more complex and intricate IMO. My favorite Peart drumming is Mystic Rythms.

For me it's Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Power Windows, and dare I say it: CLOCKWORK ANGELS.

Neil's on fire on CA in places, he's really back in a big way.

Hemispheres is quite easy drumming-wise. The music is complicated at times but nothing he does is insanely difficult on there. I'd say the toughest part of the whole album is the jazz hi-hat part in LVS and nailing the subsequent snare rolls.

As far as overall technicality, it's Power Windows hands down. He utilized a lot more sounds and his playing was much busier than on any previous album. The same could be said for HYF.

Fly By Night for me

Yes, Neil is still a kid and he's playing a less complex drumset on mostly basic rock songs, but the way his drums sound and the way he overplays on almost everything sounds great to my ears. I've air-drummed like a spaz to Anthem, Best I Can, BBB, By-Tor, FBN many times in the car biggrin.gif