How Many people really rate ALL THREE Vapor Trails

treeduck

How many of you love ALL the last three albums?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you love ALL the last three albums?

• 1 Yes I think all three are good or great
    • 2 I hate Vapor Trails, like/love the other two
    • 3 I hate Snakes & Arrows, like/love the other two
    • 4 I hate Clockwork Angels, like/love the other two
    • 5 I hate ALL three
    • 6 I think all three are just average, WAY down on the 70s/80s albums
    • 7 I hate VT and S&A but really enjoy Clockwork Angels
    • 8 I think all three are decent but not that good
    • 9 I hate VT and Clockwork Angels but really enjoy Snakes & Arrows
    • 10 I hate S&A and Clockwork Angels but I love Vapor Trails
    • 11 I hate everything after Counterparts
    • 11 I hate everything after Power Windows
    • 12 I hate everything after Moving Pictures

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 01:35 PM)
The posters known as Rushgoober and METALDAD probably wish they had unlimited voting rights in this poll so they could try and outdo each other in their respective (and well known) poll options...

tongue.gif

No, I take comfort in knowing that VT is the lowest rated album (ok, 2nd to last by a slim margin) on rateyourmusic.com, a much more objective website of general music and Rush fans who vote on albums. My opinion is already in the majority. wink.gif

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/rush

That just proves your opinion is inaccurate as you say it's rock bottom...

tongue.gif

Every studio Rush album (with the exception of the new one) received over 1,000 votes on that website. That to me is a pretty definitive consensus opinion, and not by just hardcore Rush fanatics, but casual fans and non-fans as well. According to them, VT is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Say whatever you want, and you will ( wink.gif ), but those numbers do not lie. no.gif

It amuses me that you have to "take comfort" when you see opinions that don't adhere to your own. I hope you get plenty of comfort from Rate Your Music Gary, I really do... tongue.gif laugh.gif

well, you're the one who suggested i wish i had unlimited voting rights to prove my perspective.

i'm just saying i don't need to. the results are in, and the proof as well. wink.gif

I never mentioned anything about proof or proving anything. It's you who speaks in these terms Gazza, which is obviously extremely foolish when talking about something as subjective as music.

Hopefully you'll come realise this in the near future once your awareness expands a little more...

smile.gif

look, you posted more words, and STILL those numbers haven't changed! tongue.gif

Numbers don't mean anything Gary as I'm sure you say yourself whenever your age comes up in conversation...

tongue.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 18 2012, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 02:52 PM)
Ok I'm one of those people who enjoy Clockwork Angels, Vapor Trails AND Snakes & Arrows, how many more of us are there?

ph34r.gif  trink38.gif  cool10.gif  bekloppt.gif  1022.gif

Me. bekloppt.gif

Another ME !

Loving all three.

bekloppt.gif

The posters known as Rushgoober and METALDAD probably wish they had unlimited voting rights in this poll so they could try and outdo each other in their respective (and well known) poll options...

tongue.gif

No, I take comfort in knowing that VT is the lowest rated album (ok, 2nd to last by a slim margin) on rateyourmusic.com, a much more objective website of general music and Rush fans who vote on albums. My opinion is already in the majority. wink.gif

Cool, another Rateyourmusic link that proves Rushgoober is right. yes.gif

I will now get rid of my VT CD and vinyl and try to erase my memory of the concert. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 18 2012, 05:50 PM)

tongue.gif

I will now get rid of my VT CD and vinyl and try to erase my memory of the concert. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

Here's a site that is another one of Goober's that doesn't quite gel with his opinions...what's this Hold Your Fire beaten by Vapor Trails??

wink.gif

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=609

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:54 PM)

tongue.gif

Here's a site that is another one of Goober's that doesn't quite gel with his opinions...what's this Hold Your Fire beaten by Vapor Trails??

wink.gif

That just shows what prog rock fans specifically think based on how good an album it is and especially on how prog it is or is not. Rateyourmusic includes a broad spectrum of music fans. It's the most reliable site out there to determine consensus opinion as it's not genre-specific.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:02 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

That just shows what prog rock fans specifically think based on how good an album it is and especially on how prog it is or is not. Rateyourmusic includes a broad spectrum of music fans. It's the most reliable site out there to determine consensus opinion as it's not genre-specific.

Blah, blah blah...

The numbers are still there Goober...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 18 2012, 03:50 PM)

tongue.gif

Obviously if you love the album you're entitled to your own opinion, and I would be the last person to say your enjoyment of the album is invalid.

All I'm saying is that the general consensus is that VT is the weakest album, with the exception of T4E, which is only barely ahead of it.

It's not about being right. It's about the facts of what the consensus opinion is. The numbers don't lie. If you don't like the numbers, I can't help that. I don't like how low Rush and HYF are consistently rated, but that doesn't make them suddenly have greater stature among the general public's views on those albums. The results are clear. You don't have to like them, but arguing hard facts changes nothing.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 04:03 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

As I've been saying. wink.gif

I voted "I hate all three". Like someone said in the Rolling Stone review thread this producer has made another safe sounding rock album. The Nickelback reference is perfect.

Vapor Trails/Snakes & Arrows/Clockwork Angels all run together in a big ball of blandness (except maybe Caravan). I can't tell any songs apart. Sad, I was hoping they would get away from that after the promising Caravan single.

More synth's, more proggy, less bluesy rock!

That goddamn Feedback album sent them into a slump deeper than Bacchus Plateau!

2.gif

smilies-8579.png

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 18 2012, 03:50 PM)

tongue.gif

Obviously if you love the album you're entitled to your own opinion, and I would be the last person to say your enjoyment of the album is invalid.

All I'm saying is that the general consensus is that VT is the weakest album, with the exception of T4E, which is only barely ahead of it.

It's not about being right. It's about the facts of what the consensus opinion is. The numbers don't lie. If you don't like the numbers, I can't help that. I don't like how low Rush and HYF are consistently rated, but that doesn't make them suddenly have greater stature among the general public's views on those albums. The results are clear. You don't have to like them, but arguing hard facts changes nothing.

Let's try another site at random and see if the numbers lie or not...

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/bands/Rush/41/

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:09 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

Yes but on prog archives they're not saying anything that you can give you comfort Gary...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 04:11 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

Yes but on prog archives they're not saying anything that you can give you comfort Gary...

tongue.gif

Don't need it. Rush hasn't had a real prog album since 1981. The results there get a bit wonky when a group isn't truly prog anymore.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 04:35 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Don't need it. Rush hasn't had a real prog album since 1981. The results there get a bit wonky when a group isn't truly prog anymore.

And some of us would say that calling MP "prog" is stretching it, 11-minute song and time-changes notwithstanding... wink.gif

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jun 18 2012, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 04:35 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

And some of us would say that calling MP "prog" is stretching it, 11-minute song and time-changes notwithstanding... wink.gif

True. Their last all-out prog album was Hemispheres. Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures are borderline...

Vapor Trails is far and away the worst album the band has ever released IMO. Pure garbage (and I'm talking about the songs, not the mix/mastering). I try and listen to it twice a year all the way through and every time its pure torture. Clockwork Angels and Snake & Arrows however...pure genius!

QUOTE (rrzubnyy @ Jun 18 2012, 05:32 PM)
Earthshine would be terrific if it wasn't so muddy..

there is a remixed version on retrospective 3. sounds good.

Edited by Rushman14

Good/very good I like Snakes And Arrows. Some days I like it a lot. So that one I call good/very good.

Very good I love the songs and energy of Vapor Trails. Yeah, there are some serious issues with the sound, but I love the songs. So for the songs, I'll call Vapor Trails very good.

Great Clockwork Angels, I love. Absolutely love. Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase with it, but the more I listen, the more I love it. I'm going with great.

AlienSmiley.gif