As soon as the piano kicks in on The Garden...

Alchemical

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are pansy. Just a Nancy Boy like me.

This song gets me too but I have shed a tear during "The Wreckers."

This band is getting better with age and wisdom. They are better than an old bottle of red wine.

I remember when Wendy and I flew to see Rush twice at Red Rocks in Colorado that on their day off the boys went into Boulder and had a wonderful dinner together. Geddy, Alex and Neil had a 400 USD bottle of wine to celebrate Neil's anniversary in the band.

I know of this story because that very same day Wendy and I were in Boulder.

Great town. Great college. Great place to film a Seventies TV series.

Signed,

"Mork And Mindy"

I can't wait for the next Rush album.

I've written threads on here in the past about it.

There is no way in Hell this band is done.

I will be anyone of you who reads this post that Neil has already written enough lyrics for a sequel!!

"Clockwork Angels II: The Devil's Watch"

Get it?

Pun intended!!!

Hey not a bad album title by a TROLL!

Go see "TROLL HUNTER" Rushhead Haters!! tongue.gif

Great movie!

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 16 2012, 09:36 AM)
Am I just a pansy? Honestly if the boys decide to retire, I don't think Rush could have ended their career on a higher note. What a way to go out...just a beautiful, beautiful song.

I can manage to hang on until Alex' solo.

We're just a bunch of wusses.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 16 2012, 03:36 AM)
Am I just a pansy? Honestly if the boys decide to retire, I don't think Rush could have ended their career on a higher note. What a way to go out...just a beautiful, beautiful song.

That Bridge at 3:45 is incredibly power in its restraint. Just killer.

Can't wait to hear this live! (should they play it) Lighters and cell phones above your heads for that one. I'm assuming that's Geddy on the piano?

QUOTE (Sark @ Jun 16 2012, 06:41 AM)
Can't wait to hear this live! (should they play it) Lighters and cell phones above your heads for that one. I'm assuming that's Geddy on the piano?

Not Geddy, but his pal Jason Sniderman (who also played a bit of keyboards on the Presto album. If I had to take an extremely wild guess, maybe the piano on Anagram?)

Alex is actually the one who came up with the part, funnily enough. But on the album proper they got Jason to perform it.

Edited by Bangster of Goats

I have been following RUSH since 2112.

I have ridden the ups and the downs, the happiness and the tragedy, the good albums and the maybe-not-as-good albums.

I cried with Neil in 1998 when I, too, lost a child. I lost my sense for music.

Then I jumped for joy when they decided to go on. VT was a comeback album for me too.

I think CA may be the end. I can live with that. It's OK to cry when you know friends are crying too.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 16 2012, 04:36 AM)

It is a great song indeed...i get all fuzzy inside.

But RUSH isnt thinking of stepping out. Keep going RUSH as long as your able to.

2.gif

The wider of bandwidth of emotions you're able and willing to express is a sign of intelligence not "weakness". What's weak, is people who have that emotion welling up and have to cover it by expressing anger instead.

The song is moving as any song could be. It's an expression of one of the greatest bands of all time, with a storied career, and an adventure filled life giving you the most raw and honest interpretation of life from that vantage point. I'm personally worried if you don't tear up. That one song representation the culmination of an entire life, career, and wisdom learned. You won't find much more moving than that in life.

QUOTE (Aeolian @ Jun 16 2012, 03:21 PM)
The wider of bandwidth of emotions you're able and willing to express is a sign of intelligence not "weakness". What's weak, is people who have that emotion welling up and have to cover it by expressing anger instead.

The song is moving as any song could be. It's an expression of one of the greatest bands of all time, with a storied career, and an adventure filled life giving you the most raw and honest interpretation of life from that vantage point. I'm personally worried if you don't tear up. That one song representation the culmination of an entire life, career, and wisdom learned. You won't find much more moving than that in life.

ok, I'm going to need your man card as well please

This thread is turning into a confessional of sorts

It saddens me that many people will never hear this song because it's, you know, "Rush."

And the way music is these days... ugh.

Maybe some people like crap because it's all they're ever fed.