Breakers

Earthshine

I am on this search to really try to understand the meaning of this album and its songs.

Anyway, here is the main definition:

A breaker is a piece of reef against which waves break.

This sense of the term is closely related to another sense, that of the breaking wave itself. In times past, when ocean navigation was relatively rudimentary, a line of breaking waves was a crucial indicator that a boat was bearing down upon an island or reef. This was especially the case when sailing in darkness, in which the highly visible line of froth caused by breaking waves could be the only such indicator. In such cases the line of breakers was charted and named as a "breaker".

However, here is a 2nd definition:

Breakers are humans from various parallel worlds in Stephen King's multiverse who have various psychic powers. For example, a breaker named Dinky Earnshaw, from both King's Everything's Eventual and the Dark Tower series, has an ability "from some promise" to kill anything he chooses, although he has no exact control over when or how, which comes from some magic language that is particular only to him. And while some of the breakers have similar powers, most are very diversified, although the most common are teleportation or telepathy/telekinesis.

So could these "breakers" also be the ones who lured them there and are taking over the ship and are actually The Wreckers?

FFS, it's the first definition obviously.

The Wreckers lure ships onto the reefs so that they "wreck" and the cargo can be plundered. Why is this so difficult to understand?

It's a metaphorical part of the "hero's" journey about seduction, false gods, control, advertising, bad influences etc.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 14 2012, 01:27 AM)
FFS, it's the first definition obviously.

The Wreckers lure ships onto the reefs so that they "wreck" and the cargo can be plundered. Why is this so difficult to understand?

It's a metaphorical part of the "hero's" journey about seduction, false gods, control, advertising, bad influences etc.

Hey Tony!

What's up dude???

Sorry but I really don't care about the meaning of Breakers.

However I must comment that "Breaker" by the German Metal Band ACCEPT absolutely RULES!!!

Great production too!

Signed,

"SON OF A BITCH" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jun 14 2012, 01:46 AM)
I woke up with the thought this morning that a TV evalengist can be compared to the fake lighthouse in this song.

That's deep.

Signed,

Nick Nolte laugh.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2012, 03:33 AM)
Ironically "The Wreckers" is my favorite song on the new album!! trink39.gif

I figured it would be, with a riff reminiscent of Cheap Trick's "Surrender" starting off the tune!

Lots of 1022.gif moments on CA, and I'm diggin it!

I think it's Neil's homage to the New Orleans Breakers of the USFL and their pursuit of his favorite football star, Marcus Dupree.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/995/201/5730_display_image.gif