Neil Peart Interview in Rolling Stone

Jag2112

it always cracks me up how utterly horrified Rolling Stone is that anyone could possibly like or agree with Ayn Rand's writings. If I was Neil I would have stuck up for myself a little more instead of quickly dismissing his 2112 era thinking.

For a magazine that likes to tout themselves as so open minded, they sure don't act that way when it comes to politics sarcasm.gif

Edited by jnoble

QUOTE (jnoble @ Jun 12 2012, 11:58 PM)
it always cracks me up how utterly horrified Rolling Stone is that anyone could possibly like or agree with Ayn Rand's writings. If I was Neil I would have stuck up for myself a little more instead of quickly dismissing his 2112 era thinking.
For a magazine that likes to tout themselves as so open minded, they sure don't act that way when it comes to politics sarcasm.gif

Bringing up Rand in 2012 is ridiculous and shows how unfamiliar the interviewer is with their music.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2012, 11:01 PM)
For a magazine that likes to tout themselves as so open minded, they sure don't act that way when it comes to politics      sarcasm.gif

Bringing up Rand in 2012 is ridiculous and shows how unfamiliar the interviewer is with their music.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 13 2012, 07:19 AM)
I don't care how cool Peart might sound in that interview... I refuse to read it because it's cocksmoke Rolling Stone. ((absolutely no offense intended to op))

I get what you're saying but if Neil was cool with it then I will go along. If anyone should be offended it's the band, not me.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2012, 11:01 PM)
For a magazine that likes to tout themselves as so open minded, they sure don't act that way when it comes to politics      sarcasm.gif

It also shows that Rush is still being pigeon-holed by the Music Establishment.

When you say the name "Rush", the Establishment STILL thinks automatically of Geddy's shrieking vocals, Peart's Randian lyrics, and their "pretentious" prog-rock. Rags like Rolling Stone still define Rush as they were in the 70's, and there is no hope of them ever changing their perspective.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 14 2012, 07:55 AM)
I don't care how cool Peart might sound in that interview... I refuse to read it because it's cocksmoke Rolling Stone. ((absolutely no offense intended to op))

I get what you're saying but if Neil was cool with it then I will go along. If anyone should be offended it's the band, not me.

I'm not offended and I see your point. But just because Neil is cool with being asked questions by fuckwits doesn't mean I want to read his replies to those fuckwits. Know what I'm sayin'?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 14 2012, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 14 2012, 07:55 AM)

I'm not offended and I see your point. But just because Neil is cool with being asked questions by fuckwits doesn't mean I want to read his replies to those fuckwits. Know what I'm sayin'?

Oh yeah. I read it for free. Definitely would not give them $$

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jun 12 2012, 07:59 PM)
Thanks for posting - very interesting. Note that he mentioned that "the next 2 years are mapped out". Hmmmm.

2012 - 2013

2 years.

No R40.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 14 2012, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jun 12 2012, 07:59 PM)
Thanks for posting - very interesting.  Note that he mentioned that "the next 2 years are mapped out".  Hmmmm.

2012 - 2013

2 years.

No R40.

Well, the Time Machine tour came pretty quick after S/A. But yes, depending on how much they tour in the next year, they will probably take a year off.