Purchased at Retail!

Barry

QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 8 2012, 11:28 PM)
A local record store in my area began selling the CD yesterday, and I got my copy. I paid $16.99, but I supported a local shop and I got it 6 days early so I couldn't be happier!

I've listened all the way through 3 so far, totally loving the album!

Right on! Win-win! I'd definitely pay that to get it a few days early and support a local, cool business!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 9 2012, 04:05 PM)
A local record store in my area began selling the CD yesterday, and I got my copy. I paid $16.99, but I supported a local shop and I got it 6 days early so I couldn't be happier!

Right on! Win-win! I'd definitely pay that to get it a few days early and support a local, cool business!

Me too. trink39.gif I think Best Buy has enough of my money by now.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 9 2012, 12:39 AM)
Lucky, I asked a guy at a music shop in West Virginia about it and he got pissed at me. "THAT'S A $50,000 FINE!!"

psh

That's funny. There is no fine but they can lose the opportunity to sell new releases and the employee doing the selling can lose their job.

QUOTE (IEATZ28 @ Jun 9 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 8 2012, 10:28 PM)

Can you post some pics of the retail version? smile.gif

T

The cover and the booklet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6328.JPG

The inside cover, the CD and the booklet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6325.JPG

On top of my amp, in front of my Rush Shrine!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6330.JPG

Went to a couple of other local record stores today - no dice. I'm actually pretty sincerely bummed that I can't get it yet. I'm glad other people have it. Better some of us have it than none of us, but I can't help thinking it's somewhat unfair. I know Tuesday is right around the corner, but I'm not handling the wait anywhere near as gracefully or patiently as I'd like to.

QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 9 2012, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (IEATZ28 @ Jun 9 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Barry @ Jun 8 2012, 10:28 PM)

Can you post some pics of the retail version? smile.gif

T

The cover and the booklet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6328.JPG

The inside cover, the CD and the booklet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6325.JPG

On top of my amp, in front of my Rush Shrine!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320832/IMG_6330.JPG

I have the same PW and PoW stickers signed to me laugh.gif

Wow! I assumed the fanpack version would be the same as the retail version, but it's not. The fanpack version is a little hard cover book without the plastic cd tray, and the booklet pages are the pages of the book.

I'm sort of regretting not buying the fanpack, but oh well. I didn't have that kind of scratch at the time. I can't wait to get my little Rat paws on a CD this coming Tuesday!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 9 2012, 05:07 PM)

Now, if they had an exclusive T-shirt with the CD like they did with the BTLS and TM DVDs. . . tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 9 2012, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 9 2012, 05:07 PM)

Now, if they had an exclusive T-shirt with the CD like they did with the BTLS and TM DVDs. . . tongue.gif

I got the t-shirt as well. Haven't wore it yet though.

Local stores have been crushed by the big retailers - so some mom and pop stores sell their shipments early. Is it immoral that they do this?

Honestly, I don't really see what the big deal is. Even if a Mom and Pop got 30-60 people to buy out their entire stock, those kind of people that go to a Mom and Pop store are more than likely the hardcore fans that really sought it out. Everyone else will choose a big retailer over them on principle (because it's probably cheaper or the big retailers are in a better location so more convenient).

So even in the scenario a Mom and Pop store sells out their entire stock, I highly doubt this will be the factor that stops a Wal Mart or Best Buy to sell out their stock (or sell a lot of said CD). I really don't get why people get so upset and defend official release dates. They really are silly, and have no real meaning to anyone but the industry.

EDIT: I guess the serious conversation on Page 1 and 2 is basically over. Oops. laugh.gif

Ignore this post, nothing to see here. On a side note, I really dig the packaging. I look forward to getting it this Tuesday.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

Thanks. Looks nice too. That portrait of the band is not in the fan pack and the disc design if different. Can't wait to get my retail version too.

Thanks again for posting pics guys, greatly appreciated.

T

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 9 2012, 05:20 PM)
I'm sort of regretting not buying the fanpack, but oh well. I didn't have that kind of scratch at the time. I can't wait to get my little Rat paws on a CD this coming Tuesday!

Yeah, same here. I really regret not getting it, but at the time, it just wasn't in the cards. That said, it's only a few days away now biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 9 2012, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 8 2012, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:39 PM)
Lucky, I asked a guy at a music shop in West Virginia about it and he got pissed at me. "THAT'S A $50,000 FINE!!"

psh

I called my local Best Buy since I saw people here getting it at their local record stores, and they said they had it in stock and it was $10, so stupid me, I went down to the store and THEN they clarified that they couldn't sell it to me. I was NOT happy, as the store wasn't really that close. Honestly, if I had any clue that the fan packs would arrive before June 12th, I probably would have just paid the extra money for one. The only reason I didn't was I thought they wouldn't be sent UNTIL June 12th and then it would take a week or more to arrive from the UK, and I knew I would have a hard time waiting after the album already came out. Oh well, live and learn. I'm glad people are getting around the system and getting them early, but be grateful - not all of us have had the same luck.

Still believing in fairy tales I see!

tongue.gif

The guy told me on the phone it was available. I took him at his word. When I got to the store, they wouldn't back it up. I guess the customer isn't always right at Best Buy. I told them they'd be losing a customer for life, and they really didn't seem to care. Lovely.

Their service sucks...Next store to go outta business...any bets?

2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 10:59 PM)
i've talked to enough local record stores now that i pretty much think all record stores can go f**k themselves. they've got MY cd in their store and they won't f*cking sell it to me. comp26.gif

Aren't you listening to the download? Stop you whinning! Only 3 days left!

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 9 2012, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 9 2012, 10:59 PM)
i've talked to enough local record stores now that i pretty much think all record stores can go f**k themselves.  they've got MY cd in their store and they won't f*cking sell it to me.  comp26.gif

Aren't you listening to the download? Stop you whinning! Only 3 days left!

fists crying.gif

i am, but it's not the same damn thing. can't listen to it in CD quality on a good stereo system yet.

i know, 3 days left, but this has been pretty torturous. usually i'm more patient about these kinds of things, but not this time. no.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 9 2012, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Jun 9 2012, 07:44 AM)
Maybe it's just me but there's no way I'd pay more than $12 for a cd just to support a local store. Might be a reason why so few exist.

Seriously?

You know, you can't take it $$ with you.

Some of us have to spend our money wisely so F the support the local record shops crap. Even if money wasn't an object I'd still shop for the best deal. As it stands I'm lucky to be able to get the cd Tuesday. Target or Best Buy ($9.99) is where I'm going.

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jun 9 2012, 09:01 AM)
Yeah, it's called a "strict-on-sale" date.... record companies (and publishers in the book world) get really pissed when retailers break those dates!

I just want to say, "Bangster Of Goats" is the funniest user name, ever! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jun 10 2012, 11:54 AM)
I looked around yesterday with no luck. I'm avoiding the spoilers and leaked/youtube tracks, but this wait is BRUTAL! Especially with all the glowing reviews, I'm too excited to maintain bladder control until Tuesday.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Well, there IS a download available if you can't wait like many of us couldn't wait, but I do agree that the wait for the CD is pretty brutal.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 10 2012, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jun 10 2012, 11:54 AM)
I looked around yesterday with no luck. I'm avoiding the spoilers and leaked/youtube tracks,  but this wait is BRUTAL! Especially with all the glowing reviews, I'm too excited to maintain bladder control until Tuesday.

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Well, there IS a download available if you can't wait like many of us couldn't wait, but I do agree that the wait for the CD is pretty brutal.

I gotta wait for the CD so I can listen to it on my fancy-pants equipment and get the full effect. Now I'm just watching Time Machine to hold me over.

I can wait. Not a big deal. I will go out Tuesday morning and buy the CD. I have taken 3 days off for a mini Marillion vacation in New York. I will chill and listen to the disc that morning, then board a 3pm train to NYC for day 1 of 2 Marillion concerts. 1022.gif atickhum.gif