The Anarchist

darth by tor

http://collider.com/wp-content/image-base/Clubhouse/S/Stretch_Armstrong/Stretch%20Armstrong%20image%20%282%29.jpg

That was a stretch.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 07:31 AM)
I doubt it's a death metal influene since Rush usually takes influence from good genres of music.

You might want to give their new album, Heritage, a shot. It's a straight-up '70s style prog album with clean vocals through the whole thing.

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Jun 8 2012, 09:23 AM)
Not a stretch, same two chords...FACT.
And yes....sigh I know Opeth probably aren't exaclty on Lerxt's I-Pod, but Its fun to speculate, right?!! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5LRReFYus

Like no one else has played those two exact chords? Come on.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 8 2012, 09:21 AM)
I doubt it's a death metal influene since Rush usually takes influence from good genres of music.

You might want to give their new album, Heritage, a shot. It's a straight-up '70s style prog album with clean vocals through the whole thing.

Heritage is awesome.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 8 2012, 08:21 AM)

I'm not sure what that has to do with death metal since Opeth is far from what I would consider death metal. I'm mainly referring to the most unoriginal metal genre ever. Over the last 20 years every death metal band sounds the same with all those god awful vocals and lyrics. There has been zero progression in the genre.

Opeth may have death metal elements but they certainly aren't that. At least what i've heard from them isn't.

QUOTE (samurai1993 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2012, 09:26 AM)
I'm guessing The Beatles have played those two chords two at some point, therefore The Beatles are death metal.  biggrin.gif

this^

goodpost.gif

LOL!! Very true it all comes from somewhere,

In fact a lot of the chord progressions on CA remind me of The Who.

The first few listens I had this song down near the bottom of my list, I enjoyed some of the instrumental sections but the song as a whole never grabbed me. For whatever reason over the passed few days it has been THE go to track, it's a blend of the sound and chorus, along with an emerging story that really grip me with this track.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 8 2012, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 8 2012, 05:15 PM)
Are you kidding me? Really? Death Metal? Are You kidding me? Really? What are you smoking?

cool10.gif

I hear country music. Anyone else?

Sounds like you're listening to CP right now tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 8 2012, 06:47 PM)
Are you kidding me? Really? Death Metal? Are You kidding me? Really? What are you smoking?

cool10.gif

I'm hearing some dubstep in there.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 8 2012, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 01:31 PM)

ignorant POS

Oh, really? If you had more then 53 posts in two years and actually spent some time on this board you would know that metal is my favorite genre of music. I've tried to get into death metal before but except for Death, who started the genre there is no band that stands out from the other and they all sound the same. Can they all play fast and technical? Sure they can but it takes more than that to make good music. You need to be original and standout and unfortunately no death metal bands over the last 20 years have done that.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 8 2012, 06:47 PM)

cool10.gif

Will this thread turn into a That's It thread now that country music has been mentioned? Let's Do It.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 02:09 AM)
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 8 2012, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 01:31 PM)

ignorant POS

Oh, really? If you had more then 53 posts in two years and actually spent some time on this board you would know that metal is my favorite genre of music. I've tried to get into death metal before but except for Death, who started the genre there is no band that stands out from the other and they all sound the same. Can they all play fast and technical? Sure they can but it takes more than that to make good music. You need to be original and standout and unfortunately no death metal bands over the last 20 years have done that.

gorguts sound totally like atheist right? and demilich and cannibal corpse are clones! maybe you need to listen to more death metal bands instead of basing the whole genre off a few generic bands, let me guess what you listened to, cannibal corpse and maybe a few tech death bands?