The Anarchist

darth by tor

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 8 2012, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 01:31 PM)
I doubt it's a death metal influene since Rush usually takes influence from good genres of music.

ignorant POS

Oh, really? If you had more then 53 posts in two years and actually spent some time on this board you would know that metal is my favorite genre of music. I've tried to get into death metal before but except for Death, who started the genre there is no band that stands out from the other and they all sound the same. Can they all play fast and technical? Sure they can but it takes more than that to make good music. You need to be original and standout and unfortunately no death metal bands over the last 20 years have done that.

I did not know you liked Death, great band. When they released Human it was a game changer for sure. I love everything they did from Human on. I am going to see the Death/ Chuck benefit this month 1022.gif

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 9 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 02:09 AM)
I doubt it's a death metal influene since Rush usually takes influence from good genres of music.

ignorant POS

Oh, really? If you had more then 53 posts in two years and actually spent some time on this board you would know that metal is my favorite genre of music. I've tried to get into death metal before but except for Death, who started the genre there is no band that stands out from the other and they all sound the same. Can they all play fast and technical? Sure they can but it takes more than that to make good music. You need to be original and standout and unfortunately no death metal bands over the last 20 years have done that.

gorguts sound totally like atheist right? and demilich and cannibal corpse are clones! maybe you need to listen to more death metal bands instead of basing the whole genre off a few generic bands, let me guess what you listened to, cannibal corpse and maybe a few tech death bands?

Yeah, i've heard Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and a few other bands I can't reacall. But does it really matter who i've heard? I've tried to get into the genre and nothing clicks with me. All I was doing in my first post was making a joke. You're the one who decided to blow it out of porportion. Get a sense of humor and move on.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 10 2012, 02:06 AM)
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 9 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 9 2012, 02:09 AM)

ignorant POS

gorguts sound totally like atheist right? and demilich and cannibal corpse are clones! maybe you need to listen to more death metal bands instead of basing the whole genre off a few generic bands, let me guess what you listened to, cannibal corpse and maybe a few tech death bands?

Yeah, i've heard Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and a few other bands I can't reacall. But does it really matter who i've heard? I've tried to get into the genre and nothing clicks with me. All I was doing in my first post was making a joke. You're the one who decided to blow it out of porportion. Get a sense of humor and move on.

well maybe listen to the bands i listed, cannibal corpse and deicide are like the most generic death metal bands in existence, for bands more like death listen to cynic and atheist, which also bring jazz into the mix, oh and it sure didnt come off as a joke