Zombie in Miami?

treeduck

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revealed: Miami cannibal's girlfriend shows herself in public for the first time and claims her beau was carrying a BIBLE before ate a homeless man's face

Preliminary drug tests show marijuana in Rudy Eugene's system the day he attacked Ronald Poppo

A test for the presence of bath salts will take up to two months to complete

Bryant said she wanted Eugene to be the father of her children

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:27, 6 June 2012 | UPDATED: 23:30, 6 June 2012

The girlfriend of Miami cannibal Rudy Eugene revealed her name and her face for the first time on Wednesday afternoon. She continued to claim her boyfriend of four months was a harmless man and a devout Christian.

Yovanka Bryant, 27, went so far as to say that Eugene, who was gunned down by police after he ate 75 percent of a homeless man's face, would have been a 'good father for her children.'

Standing alongside celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, Miss Bryant said Eugene was carrying a Bible before he stripped naked and went on a brutal, unprovoked rampage along the MacArthur Causeway outside Miami Beach during Memorial Day Weekend.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/06/article-2155610-137BD1E9000005DC-907_634x474.jpg

Locking lips: Yovanka Bryant produced this photo of her boyfriend of four months, Rudy Eugene, to prove that he was not a violent man

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/06/article-2155610-137BADC7000005DC-544_634x442.jpg

Speaking her mind: Miss Bryant, 27, appeared along side celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, who said she was representing Miss Bryant 'to help her have a voice'

She says the only explanation of Eugene's behavior is that he must have been drugged without his knowledge.

'I thought he would be a good father for my children. I wish the public knew Rudy the way I did, she said, according to CBS Miami.

She said they never talked about voodoo or cannibalism when they were together.

Miss Bryant released a photograph of her and Eugene kissing during a choreographed media appearance led by the famous attorney.

Allred represented Nicole Brown Simpson's family during the OJ Simpson murder trial. More recently, she stood with one of the women who accused former presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment.

Miss Bryant says her relationship with Eugene was marked by religious devotion. She says the couple had Bible studies together and watched religious TV programs.

She claimed Eugene was carrying a Bible with him before he stripped off all his clothes while walking three miles from Miami Beach to downtown Miami, Florida, in the scorching heat.

He also studied the Koran, she added.

However, she harmed her own credibility when she said Eugene lived a clean life.

'Rudy never drank alcohol or used drugs around me,' Miss Bryant said.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/06/article-2155610-137BAC7F000005DC-841_634x412.jpg

Standing by her man: Miss Bryant acknowledged the difference between the things she was saying about Eugene and the public picture of him attacking another man

Moments later, she revised her claim: 'I only saw him smoke marijuana once,' she admitted.

A preliminary toxicology report shows Eugene had marijuana in his system when he was killed.

Authorities have said he snorted bath salts, which caused him to attack Ronald Poppo, the homeless man who is now recovering from the horrific injuries he sustained.

Medical examiners must wait at least two months before more in-depth blood tests can determine if Eugene had any other substances in his system.

Miss Bryant acknowledged that her picture of Eugene is dramatically different than the public image of her boyfriend.

'This is a high-profile case,' Allred said.

'(Miss Bryant) wanted to have the truth come out about Rudy Eugene to have people understand him from her point of view. That is why I am here, to help her have a voice.'

That's... what the hell? She hired a lawyer? Why? "To help her have a voice" - why does she need a voice? Jesus, the f***ing media in this country... everyone has to have their 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Unless she's hiring a lawyer to sue the cops that killed her boyfriend - and I'm not sure "boyfriend" is a status you can do that with - then this is little more than a publicity stunt from someone who doesn't deserve the publicity.

Edited by danielmclark

A picture of her kissing the guy PROVES he's not a violent man? She's a friggin' idiot.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 7 2012, 11:19 AM)
That's... what the hell? She hired a lawyer? Why? "To help her have a voice" - why does she need a voice? Jesus, the f***ing media in this country... everyone has to have their 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Unless she's hiring a lawyer to sue the cops that killed her boyfriend - and I'm not sure "boyfriend" is a status you can do that with - then this is little more than a publicity stunt from someone who doesn't deserve the publicity.

Oh, call me cynical, but she's going to try to parlay this into something that nets her a substantial wad of currency.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2012, 12:02 PM)

Oh, call me cynical, but she's going to try to parlay this into something that nets her a substantial wad of currency.

Either that or she's preparing to use this as a platform for becoming a "celebrity" with a book, line of clothes, maybe an R'n'B/hip hop album and then maybe a "career" as an actress... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 6 2012, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 6 2012, 02:51 PM)

Aye, my daughter just found a video of this online  062802puke_prv.gif

The Miami Herald security video? You can't make anything out, just trees, a road and some barely perceptible movement in the top left hand corner of the screen...

Unlike you Ducky, I couldn't look eh.gif I'll let you know when I find out, and no I'm not posting it in this thread. no.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 7 2012, 11:15 AM)

Either that or she's preparing to use this as a platform for becoming a "celebrity" with a book, line of clothes, maybe an R'n'B/hip hop album and then maybe a "career" as an actress... eyesre4.gif

Sadly, you're probably right.

Times like this, I hate our culture.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 7 2012, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 7 2012, 11:15 AM)

Sadly, you're probably right.

Times like this, I hate our culture.

Meanwhile the victim of the crime could be dead for all she cares...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 7 2012, 01:15 PM)

That was precisely my thought - that she sees this as a springboard of sorts. Perhaps starting with some trashy reality TV.

Although I can't quite figure how even something as pathetic as the average reality show could use her notoriety. Even they have limits. I hope.

"On the next season of Survivor - a contestant whose drug-crazed boyfriend of four months made headlines by eating a homeless man's face!"

Please God no. Tell me it won't get that bad.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2012, 03:01 PM)

That was precisely my thought - that she sees this as a springboard of sorts. Perhaps starting with some trashy reality TV.

Although I can't quite figure how even something as pathetic as the average reality show could use her notoriety. Even they have limits. I hope.

"On the next season of Survivor - a contestant whose drug-crazed boyfriend of four months made headlines by eating a homeless man's face!"

Please God no. Tell me it won't get that bad.

Well there must be something going on because there's no way that high price lawyer would take her on if there wasn't moola over the horizon. And there's no way she could afford her without some new big money situation.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 8 2012, 05:01 AM)

Although I can't quite figure how even something as pathetic as the average reality show could use her notoriety. Even they have limits.

No they don't.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2012, 04:45 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 8 2012, 05:01 AM)

Although I can't quite figure how even something as pathetic as the average reality show could use her notoriety. Even they have limits.

No they don't.

The fact that that money shark lawyer has got involved means they have something going on.

Pictured in hospital: Miami cannibal victim 'awake, alert and walking' after most of his face was eaten off by naked man high on 'bath salts'

Ronald Poppo's face was eaten by Rudy Eugene as he slept on train tracks in Miami last month

Nose is missing and face is covered with scabs

May be blind after losing one eye in the attack and sustaining severe damage to the other

Has two 'mysterious' holes in his chest - perhaps from bullets shot by police officer who killed his attacker

By Rachel Quigley

PUBLISHED: 19:28, 12 June 2012 | UPDATED: 21:34, 12 June 2012

Comments (15)

The homeless man who had 80 per cent of his face chewed off in a horrific attack along a busy Miami highway is now 'awake and alert', according to doctors at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.

A photograph shown to reporters today portrayed Ronald Poppo walking down a hospital hallway, supported by hospital staff on either side of him.

The man, who is also talking, had his left eye removed but doctors are hoping to restore vision in his right eye, which was also severely damaged in the attack.

Recovery: Ronald Poppo, the Miami Cannibal victim, is pictured for the first time in hospital after the horrific May 26 attack which left most of his face eaten off

'He's pleased to report to all of you that he's feeling well, he's eating, he's walking around with physical therapy, he's talking with us,' said Nicholas Namias, a University of Miami trauma surgeon'

A photo released by the hospital shows the upper two-thirds of Poppo's face covered in scabs.

He's missing his nose and both eye sockets were covered, one with gauze and one with what appeared to be a skin graft.

His gray beard was trimmed, leaving a mustache over his upper lip.

Doctors at the hospital said the homeless also has holes in his chest that may be from bullets fired by the police officer who killed his attacker.

Nicholas Namias, head of trauma, and Popp's physician, told the Miami Herald that Poppo had two 'mysterious' punctures in his chest.

Doctors added that the victim lost his left eye but are trying to save his right eye, which was severely damaged.

Poppo also suffered a brain injury during the attack, like that suffered by a car crash victim, the Herald reported.

Despite these problems, the medical team said Poppo is doing much better.

Poppo has been at Jackson Memorial Hospital since he was attacked on May 26 by Rudy Eugene.

Emergency callers reported seeing a naked man swinging from a light pole on Miami's MacArthur Causeway a few minutes before the attack.

Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him before appearing to lie on top of him.

A police officer shot and killed Eugene. Autopsy results are still pending.

Attacker: Rudy Eugene, 31, the naked cannibal, was shot several times and killed by a police officer in Miami after he refused to stop eating a homeless man

In the harrowing attack ,which has shocked America, Rudy Eugene, 31, originally from Haiti, chewed lumps of flesh from the face of Mr Poppo.

WHAT ARE HIS INJURIES?

Doctors have revealed that Ronald Poppo is doing 'well' but has sustained a number of injuries:

Flesh was ripped from top two-thirds of his face and is now covered with scabs

Lost his nose in the attack

Left eye gouged out

Right eye severely damaged so could be blind

Two 'mysterious' holes in his chest which may be from bullets shot by the officer who killed his attacker

A brain injury similar to that sustained by someone in a car accident

Footage was released hours after the first picture emerged of the victim - as well as stomach-churning images of his horrific injuries.

Eugene was eventually shot and killed by a Miami police officer after he refused to stop eating his victim on the MacArthur Causeway.

In the extended video footage of the attack, it was revealed during the almost 20 minutes that Eugene was beating and eating the man's face, a number of people cycled and drove past and did nothing to stop it.

It shows Eugene walking along the causeway naked before pouncing on the 65-year-old homeless man he found sleeping on the elevated train tracks, according to the Miami Herald.

After he strips and punches his victim, he straddles him before starting to eat his face off. He is also said to have gouged his eyes out.

Naked bodies: Rudy Eugene, 31, left, and his victim, right, after Eugene was shot dead by the Miami-Dade Police when he refused to stop eating 65-year-old homeless man Ronald Poppo's face in a cannibalistic attack in Miami on May 26 2012

Initial tests revealed that Eugene had a number of undigested pills in his stomach, according to the Miami Herald.

Marijuana was also in Eugene's system at the time of the attack. A more in-depth toxicology screen for any other possible drugs will take another couple of months to complete.

Mr Poppo will have to undergo a number of skin grafts to rebuild his face.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...bath-salts.html

....Sounds like the 50's monster movie," Night of the living dead" to me.

Must've been on the 70's exotic drug PCP...or something. That's insane.

Sadly, this world has definitely taken a turn to the unusual/bizzarre.

An update on Ronald Poppo from the Denver Post today:

A homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack alongside a busy South Florida highway is in good spirits, talking and walking with the help of hospital staff.

Ronald Poppo's left eye was removed, but Doctors are trying to find a way to restore vision in his right eye.

He will likely remain in the hospital for several more weeks and will need more surgeries before he can explore options for reconstructing his face. sad.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 13 2012, 01:53 PM)

An update on Ronald Poppo from the Denver Post today:

A homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack alongside a busy South Florida highway is in good spirits, talking and walking with the help of hospital staff.
Ronald Poppo's left eye was removed, but Doctors are trying to find a way to restore vision in his right eye.

He will likely remain in the hospital for several more weeks and will need more surgeries before he can explore options for reconstructing his face. sad.gif

Yeah I posted a similar story, just scroll up Cindy...

smile.gif

Coroner says Miami cannibal was NOT high on bath salts when he ate homeless man's face... he only had marijuana in his system

By Associated Press Reporter and Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:22, 27 June 2012 | UPDATED: 08:58, 28 June 2012

The Miami cannibal was not high on bath salts when he attacked a homeless man and chewed off 75 percent of his face last month, the medical examiner says.

A comprehensive toxicology test by two labs found only marijuana in Rudy Eugene's system, opening even more questions about what drove the 31-year-old to strip off his clothes and attack Ronald Poppo along the MacArthur Causeway.

The news from the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office partially vindicates Eugene's family, who claimed in several interviews that he was a peaceful, religious man, who stayed away from hard drugs and only smoked marijuana occasionally.

After the assault, which drew international horror, police speculated that Eugene had taken bath salts -- a designer drug that has been linked to psychotic reactions and hallucinations in some users.

The medical examiner's office ruled out the most common components found in bath salts, in addition to a host of other drugs.

'The laboratory has tested for but not detected any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs, or any adulterants found in street drugs. This includes cocaine, LSD, amphetamines (Extasy, Meth and others), phencyclidine (PCP or Angel Dust), heroin, oxycodone, Xanax, synthetic marijuana (Spice), and many other similar compounds,' the office said in a statement to the Miami Herald.

To be certain, officials also hired an outside forensic toxicology lab, which took a second look at the results. Those tests also confirmed the absence of bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD.

The results were released weeks after a Miami police union official had speculated that because Eugene's behavior had been so bizarre he was probably under the influence of bath salts.

It's not clear what led to the May 26 attack on Mr Poppo, a 65-year-old homeless man who remains hospitalized. Poppo's family members have said they had no contact with him for more than 30 years and thought he was dead.

Police have released few details about what may have led to the attack.

Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him before appearing to hunch over and lie on top of him. The police officer who shot Eugene to death said he growled at the officer when he told him to stop.

Shortly before the attack, a person driving on the MacArthur Causeway told a 911 dispatcher a 'completely naked man' was on top of one of the light poles on the causeway and 'acting like Tarzan.'

Poppo has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized. A message left with the hospital was not immediately returned.

June 28, 2012 10:43 AM

Rudy Eugene's Toxicology Report: Experts speculate on what caused 'face-chewing' attack

(CBS/AP) MIAMI - Experts are still speculating about what may have caused Rudy Eugene's face-chewing attack on Ronald Poppo in Miami last month. A toxicology report on Wednesday failed to find "bath salts" and other major street drugs in Eugene's system.

Pictures: Fla. police identify "face-eating" naked man

The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner said in a news release that the toxicology detected marijuana but it didn't find any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs. Eugene also tested negative for adulterants commonly mixed with street drugs.

An expert on toxicology testing said marijuana alone wasn't likely to cause behavior as strange as Eugene's.

"The problem today is that there is an almost an infinite number of chemical substances out there that can trigger unusual behavior," said Dr. Bruce Goldberger, Professor and Director of Toxicology at the University of Florida.

There has been much speculation about what drugs, if any, would lead to the bizarre May 26 attack at a Miami causeway that left Poppo, 65, missing about 75 percent of his face. The tests ruled out the suggestion that 35-year-old Eugene may have been under the influence of bath salts, which mimic the effects of cocaine or methamphetamine and have been associated with bizarre crimes in recent months.

An outside forensic toxicology lab, which took a second look at the results, also confirmed the absence of bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD.

Goldberger said the medical examiner's office in Miami is known for doing thorough work and he's confident they and the independent lab covered as much ground as possible. But it's nearly impossible for toxicology testing to keep pace with new formulations of synthetic drugs.

"There are many of these synthetic drugs that we currently don't have the methodology to test on, and that is not the fault of the toxicology lab. The challenge today for the toxicology lab is to stay on top of these new chemicals and develop methodologies for them but it's very difficult and very expensive." Goldberger said. "There is no one test or combination of tests that can detect every possible substance out there."

An addiction expert said she wouldn't rule out marijuana causing the agitation.

"It could have been the strain of marijuana that increases the dopamine in the brain, such as sativa," said Dr. Patricia Junquera, assistant professor at the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

There are two strains of marijuana called sativa and indica. The sativa increases dopamine and gives you energy while decreasing pain threshold. Indica is a "sleepy high," she explained.

"People don't really know what the amount of either is in each little packet of marijuana," she explained. "And we can't differentiate between the two in the blood, much less in a dead person."

She also suggested that if Eugene had a mental disorder, "the marijuana could have increased even further the dopamine levels and aggravated the situation. So that can't be ruled out."

Eugene's friends and family have said he was religious, not violent and that he didn't drink or do drugs harder than marijuana, so they are baffled as to what caused Eugene's brutal assault against the homeless victim.

"There's no answer for it, not really," said Marckenson Charles, Eugene's younger brother. "Anybody who knew him knows this wasn't the person we knew him to be. Whatever triggered him, there is no answer for this."

Charles said the family does not plan to pursue any legal action against the police for shooting Eugene on the day of the face-chewing attack. Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him. The police officer who shot Eugene to death reportedly said Eugene growled at the officer when he told him to stop.

"They used the force they felt was necessary even if we don't agree with that," Charles said.

He said Eugene has been buried.

Poppo has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized. His left eye was removed, but doctors said earlier this month they were trying to find a way to restore vision in his right eye. He will need more surgeries before he can explore the options for reconstructing his face, doctors have said.